Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Hear ye! Hear ye! Come one and all to the 2022 Deep Space Nine Regional Championship. This year's events will all happen on Saturday, June 4th in the Basement of Doom! As usual, there will be plenty of snacks and BEvERages in the fridge.

We'll kick things of with Second Edition at 10:00 am. This event is standard constructed with a complete card pool. Winner will receive a first-round Bye at North American Continentals.

Following this will be Tribbles, nominally at 2:00 pm. The winner of this even will receive a 100k Tribble head-start at Continentals.

Wrapping up the day will be First Edition whenever we finish Tribbles. This is a very special event, as we are trying out Warp Speed Constructed! This event has a limited card pool using only Voyager-logo cards and missions in the Delta Quadrant. I've heard this format is broken. Let's find out!

We'll be using the standard Warp Speed Rules, so no OTF ban list applies. Go ahead and use all the DQSS you want! Additionally, Rules Master BCSWowbagger has issued a few preemptive Warp Speed clarifications he found in the course of documenting Decipher rules changes.
BCSWowbagger wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:30 pm The Warp Speed Rule Sheet is from April 2001, which is just fine for most purposes (because most Warp Speed is Sealed/Draft with Voyager-only), but Decipher made a few additional rulings clarifications about WS after April 2001 (especially when The Borg came out!) that are not included:

* You can play Borg [Bor] in Warp Speed.

* Borg [Bor] may not mix and cooperate with anyone else. As in other formats, you can't even put non- [Bor] cards in the same deck as [Bor] cards.

* Borg [Bor] win by completing two [BO] objectives targeting two missions, one planet and one space. (So the same as everyone else, just the Borg way.)

* Borg [Bor] may not target opponent's missions with objectives. (So the no mission stealing applies to both.)

* Borg [Bor] still can't attack unless permitted by their current objective (or counter-attacking). So, normal Borg attack restrictions.

* The quadrant reporting restriction and the [1E-AU] reporting restriction are both removed, but the cards still have the [1E-AU] and [1E-DQ] icons, and other effects (besides reporting) still work like you'd expect. So Nunk can report to the [1E-DQ], but can't use Delta Quadrant Spatial Scission. Home Away From Home's first function only works at Delta/Gamma/Mirror Quadrant missions, even though the spaceline may be a weird mix of missions.

* The [Holo] icon completely ignored for all purposes. It is not possible in Warp Speed to score the extra points on Answer Distress Signal.
BBQ and general merriment will ensue afterwards, so spouses and spawn are welcome to join us in the evening if they want!
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
pfti wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:38 pm Does this include virtual cards?
Yes, so I may have broken the format completely doing that. I just don't know!
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
jadziadax8 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:08 am
I have no idea and I doubt I can make it, but I want to make decks for this now
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
pfti wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:53 am
jadziadax8 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:08 am
I have no idea and I doubt I can make it, but I want to make decks for this now
Run one online sometime.

Also, you would be welcome to stay in the Basement of Doom if you did come up for this.
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
Boratus wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:37 pm The "Full Nelson" will likely be there. Will have to wake up really early for the long drive. Also when I say "Full Nelson", I mean me not the deck (maybe...)
You would be very welcome to stay at my house if you came down Friday night.
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
Due to COVID-19, we have dropped below sanctioning for First Edition this afternoon. Therefore, I am rescheduling that event for later this month. Right now I'm looking at Saturday, June 25th in the afternoon at Games Plus.

But in good news, we did have sanctioning for 2E and our guest Steve Nelson (@Boratus) is taking the Deep Space Nine regional title back to Minnesota as we speak.

Casey Wickum (@MrCub21) eked out one of the slimmest Tribbles wins I have seen in a long time to become our Tribbles Regional Champion.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
jadziadax8 wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:05 pm Due to COVID-19, we have dropped below sanctioning for First Edition this afternoon. Therefore, I am rescheduling that event for later this month. Right now I'm looking at Saturday, June 25th in the afternoon at Games Plus.

But in good news, we did have sanctioning for 2E and our guest Steve Nelson (@Boratus) is taking the Deep Space Nine regional title back to Minnesota as we speak.

Casey Wickum (@MrCub21) eked out one of the slimmest Tribbles wins I have seen in a long time to become our Tribbles Regional Champion.
Thanks for the update, Maggie. Sounds like a good time was had by all. :cheersL:
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
I have officially changed the 1E Regional to Saturday, June 25th at 1:00 pm at Games-Plus in Mount Prospect. Please preregister!
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
So I went to Games Plus today to reserve a table and found to my chagrin that there is some huge event happening there on Saturday and we can’t even get one of the first come/first served tables. Therefore, I am changing the venue to my house.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
jadziadax8 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:46 pm So I went to Games Plus today to reserve a table and found to my chagrin that there is some huge event happening there on Saturday and we can’t even get one of the first come/first served tables. Therefore, I am changing the venue to my house.
BOOOOOO!

Still, this event should be fun down in the basement of doom. I can't wait to see the deck lists!

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
LORE wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:02 am
jadziadax8 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:46 pm So I went to Games Plus today to reserve a table and found to my chagrin that there is some huge event happening there on Saturday and we can’t even get one of the first come/first served tables. Therefore, I am changing the venue to my house.
BOOOOOO!

Still, this event should be fun down in the basement of doom. I can't wait to see the deck lists!
I may biased, but tournaments at players houses are more fun imho. I like having access to couches and cheap snacks.
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
Thanks everyone for coming out today! I had a very fun time exploring Warp Speed constructed. I did a tournament report and everything.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation