- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Are there going to be Sector 001 regionals this year? If so, I’d be interested in participating.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
I’ve generally found this to be true:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
jadziadax8 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:24 pm I’ve generally found this to be true:

Yeah except when you vote all the S001 players off the island. It makes them a lot less inclined to pay for the privilege of running tournaments.

:roll:

@abargar7510 , that's not directed at you. Sector 001 used to have multiple player bases that have since dried up over the last 4-6 years, largely due to various CC decisions over that time span.

And my snark aside, Maggie isn't wrong. There's still a few players around, so if you want to put something together you may be able to coax a few out of the woodwork.

By DarkSabre (Austin Chandler)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
I didn’t run anything because of many reasons but probably the bigger reason is because my kids have been having an extremely hard time with their medical issues & I’ll actually be in Philadelphia for several weeks with one of them as they undergo an outpatient therapy that will hopefully help them.

That said there are many people in sector 001 but there is a wide variety of what versions of the game they play, travel (esp because of gas right now). I know I have 20+ players within a 3 hour drive of Richmond VA as an example.

If you try and make an event people might come. There is a big event in northern NJ this weekend.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
DarkSabre wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:35 pm I didn’t run anything because of many reasons but probably the bigger reason is because my kids have been having an extremely hard time with their medical issues & I’ll actually be in Philadelphia for several weeks with one of them as they undergo an outpatient therapy that will hopefully help them.
I’m really sorry to hear this, Austin, and hope treatment starts to help them. :cross:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:30 pm
jadziadax8 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:24 pm I’ve generally found this to be true:

Yeah except when you vote all the S001 players off the island. It makes them a lot less inclined to pay for the privilege of running tournaments.

:roll:

@abargar7510 , that's not directed at you. Sector 001 used to have multiple player bases that have since dried up over the last 4-6 years, largely due to various CC decisions over that time span.

And my snark aside, Maggie isn't wrong. There's still a few players around, so if you want to put something together you may be able to coax a few out of the woodwork.
Or you know never give a championship level to the area when asked repeatedly before covid or ignore suggestions that OP should be the ones begging TDs to run events and giving them incentives to do so rather than having them beg the CC and having all the expenses fall out on the TDs.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:37 pm
DarkSabre wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:35 pm I didn’t run anything because of many reasons but probably the bigger reason is because my kids have been having an extremely hard time with their medical issues & I’ll actually be in Philadelphia for several weeks with one of them as they undergo an outpatient therapy that will hopefully help them.
I’m really sorry to hear this, Austin, and hope treatment starts to help them. :cross:
Thanks.

I had wanted to do a card game weekend in honor of my 40th bday but instead have been planning on going to Philly for several weeks. I’m not able to go to Jason’s event this weekend because I’ll be driving to Philly instead.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
You could see if the NC crew is running anything. Nathan Miracle @GooeyChewie might be able to give you some insight.

I would say ask Scott Baughman @Neelix , but he's been bogged down at work or something. We haven't heard from him in awhile. But he's still on the Board having been re-elected with an overwhelming majority despite not being available for almost a year.

Your community basically re-elected this guy (the one on the right)...

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
abargar7510 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:40 am Are there going to be Sector 001 regionals this year? If so, I’d be interested in participating.
Except for North Carolina TDs as far as I know all the other TDs in Sector 001 are banned from the site except for myself. I’m crossing fingers to maybe do something in august (not a regional for various reasons) but it’s all up to about how my kids health and situations are.

If you decide to run something I will post it far and wide and encourage people to go.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I would... but... I have at this point almost no experience even playing in tourneys still much less running one... Unless the bulk of the work is logistics which certainly I could take on.
I didn’t run anything because of many reasons but probably the bigger reason is because my kids have been having an extremely hard time with their medical issues & I’ll actually be in Philadelphia for several weeks with one of them as they undergo an outpatient therapy that will hopefully help them.
Best wishes to you and your kids in getting better.
You could see if the NC crew is running anything. Nathan Miracle @GooeyChewie might be able to give you some insight.
@GooeyChewie any insight?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
abargar7510 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:06 pm
I would... but... I have at this point almost no experience even playing in tourneys still much less running one... Unless the bulk of the work is logistics which certainly I could take on.
I'm setting my alarm to be in touch with you in a couple of weeks. Let's see what we can try and work out doing :)

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
DarkSabre wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:37 pm
abargar7510 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:06 pm
I'm setting my alarm to be in touch with you in a couple of weeks. Let's see what we can try and work out doing :)
Sounds good! :thumbsup:

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Architect
abargar7510 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:06 pm @GooeyChewie any insight?
Our playgroup has set our sights on 1E Nationals in Kentucky as our big event of the year. That said, if a Regionals in the Charlotte area would interest you, I'd be more than willing to run one (or to strongarm Scott into being the TD!). Is there a date which works well for you?

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
GooeyChewie wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 2:37 pm
abargar7510 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:06 pm @GooeyChewie any insight?
Our playgroup has set our sights on 1E Nationals in Kentucky as our big event of the year. That said, if a Regionals in the Charlotte area would interest you, I'd be more than willing to run one (or to strongarm Scott into being the TD!). Is there a date which works well for you?
Heh, turns out my wife was actually thinking about doing a long weekend to NC this summer. She'd be willing to combine it with a tourney trip if everything can work out. We're flexible on dates if that helps turnout.

By Neelix (Scott Baughman)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
  Trek Masters 2E Champion 2024
I have indeed been very busy at work -- we just had 2 more people quit so I'm taking on extra duties for yet another publication.

BUT - y'all aren't here to hear me complain -- When is the end of regional season? Are we able to do one in N.C. in July? I might be able to pull that off. As some have noticed I did get roped into doing some Star WARS CCG events recently due to local demand so June is pretty booked up for me.
Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]