For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Welcome to the 1E online warp speed regional.

There are prizes for each player (regionals foils and others)

You can build your deck from a Random starter deck II as well as 4 other packs from the decipher era.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Never done Warp Speed before but I read the rules, seems pretty easy.

Two questions...

The rules talk about always drawing or discarding until you have 7 cards in your hand at the end of your turn. It says make a regular draw plus any extra draws allowed by cards like Traveler Transcendence, then even up to 7. Isn't it completely pointless to play a card like Transcendence since the rules are granting you card draws anyway?

Since this event is going to assign 4 random packs from ANY printed set, what happens if I get [Bor] affiliation cards? Can I mix [Bor] with non- [Bor] affiliations, attempt missions with them, use their ships to battle without an objective, etc.........

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Takket wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:15 pm Never done Warp Speed before but I read the rules, seems pretty easy.

Two questions...

The rules talk about always drawing or discarding until you have 7 cards in your hand at the end of your turn. It says make a regular draw plus any extra draws allowed by cards like Traveler Transcendence, then even up to 7. Isn't it completely pointless to play a card like Transcendence since the rules are granting you card draws anyway?

Since this event is going to assign 4 random packs from ANY printed set, what happens if I get [Bor] affiliation cards? Can I mix [Bor] with non- [Bor] affiliations, attempt missions with them, use their ships to battle without an objective, etc.........
Generally, but you can play T:T on your opponent as well, and theoretically they could end their turn with 7 cards and be required to draw an 8th card due to T:T. Then have to discard down to 7, but that's a stretch, so short answer, yes, pretty unnecessary.

As far as [Bor] goes, if by "4 random packs from any printed set" means Decipher era "printed" then I think there is only [Bor] FC, The Borg, and 2 card each BoG, TwT and 1 in MM, since neither EFC nor FC had packs. In that case he could either not use FC or The Borg and/or give you a substitute cards from the other 3 sets. Obviously, if he means any set, not just 'printed" then he would have to do some substitution. In any case, typically, the TD generates the packs in the pack generator and then he send you the card pool. in this case he could examine each card pool and make appropriate adjustments as needed to avoid this.

The TD is not playing in the tournament so there is no harm in this process.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
There is some benefit from Traveler: Transcendence played on yourself. The more cards you see, the more you get to choose what's in your hand. In Warp Speed, you get to regenerate your deck from discard pile once it's emptied, so there's very little downside to doing so.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
JeBuS wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:41 am There is some benefit from Traveler: Transcendence played on yourself. The more cards you see, the more you get to choose what's in your hand. In Warp Speed, you get to regenerate your deck from discard pile once it's emptied, so there's very little downside to doing so.
Other than it cost a card play which is also precious, but IF you happen to be at 7 cards then the extra draw from T:T brings you to 8 and you get to see an extra card and then discard; however most of the time you will have less than 7 cards so the card drawn from T:T would be drawn anyway by drawing up to/down to 7 which occurs AFTER the T:T draw as the draw up/down replaces the EoT Draw, so in all likelihood you will rarely get that 8th card.
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
One week away! Come for the Chaos and Prizes, stay for the fun!
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
Ill be sending out packs tonight. Still time to sign up and round out the numbers
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
I limited borg related packs, so you cannot play borg cards
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
Round 1
Mattew M v Brian S
Kris v MVB
Jarrod v Paddy
Jon v Maggie
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Not a complaint, just posting for statistics later (so maybe I can tweak the card generators for this sort of tournament to give folks more to play with).
Out of 107 cards in my pool:
• 3 are [BO]
• 2 are [Bor]
• 8 are [Q] (without a way to play them)
• 2 Treaties (useless in Warp Speed Sealed)
• 3 of 8 mission cards are duplicates (including a Mission II), none ❖
• Out of the 5 missions, I can only really solve 3 of them with my skill pool. (Which makes mission selection super easy...)
• 2 different [1E-S] missions, 3 different [1E-P] missions
• 2 Sites and 1 Nor-related card without a Nor (though maybe someone else got a Nor I can play them on? Let me know and I'll play them for you? :shrug: )
• Out of 11 dilemma cards, 7 are [1E-P], 2 are [1E-S], 2 are [Dual]
• 5 other cards that can't be used simply because they key off something I don't have in my pool.
✶ (So, about 26 cards that I just can't use.)
✶ (Effectively, my pool is 81 cards.)

Don't anybody feel the need to post about their pool yet. But after we're done, I'd be curious to see similar notes from others, and brainstorm what sort of limiters could be added to the code in order to limit the "useless" cards.

@pfti Another rules question. Warp Speed rules allow us to ignore quadrant reporting restrictions. Does that extend to quadrant seeding restrictions?
Last edited by JeBuS on Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
JeBuS wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:24 am

@pfti Another rules question. Warp Speed rules allow us to ignore quadrant reporting restrictions. Does that extend to quadrant seeding restrictions?
Lets go with yes
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
JeBuS wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:24 am Not a complaint, just posting for statistics later (so maybe I can tweak the card generators for this sort of tournament to give folks more to play with).
Out of 107 cards in my pool:
• 2 are [BO]
• 2 are [Bor]
• 8 are [Q] (without a way to play them)
• 2 Treaties (useless in Warp Speed Sealed)
• 3 of 8 mission cards are duplicates (including a Mission II), none ❖
• 2 different [1E-S] missions, 3 different [1E-P] missions
• 2 Sites and 1 Nor-related card without a Nor (though maybe someone else got a Nor I can play them on? Let me know and I'll play them for you? :shrug: )
• Out of 11 dilemma cards, 7 are [1E-P], 2 are [1E-S], 2 are [Dual]
✶ (So, about 20 cards that I just can't use.)

Don't anybody feel the need to post about their pool yet. But after we're done, I'd be curious to see similar notes from others, and brainstorm what sort of limiters could be added to the code in order to limit the "useless" cards.

You did get one of the weirder random draws. If other people are concerned about draws, I can re do the pools and exclude QC, Borg, and FC (I tried to give people only 1 borg focused pack (fc or borg) if they drew more than one

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
I take it the pool size is variable depending on which packs you got as mine is 103, but I have not done the deep dive analysis that Brian did yet.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]