For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
pfti wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:08 am You did get one of the weirder random draws. If other people are concerned about draws, I can re do the pools and exclude QC, Borg, and FC (I tried to give people only 1 borg focused pack (fc or borg) if they drew more than one
I'll play with what I have. There's just a lot about sealed formats I'd like to tweak for better player experiences. Writing these things down helps me keep track.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
@pfti Another rules question (sorry!):
The Mission II outposts on the reverse side say that if you build the outpost, you draw no cards that turn. How does that work with the Warp Speed "even up / down to 7" rule? (My pool is weird enough that this is viable.)

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
I would say the turn it's rebuilt, (remember it seeds built), you would not take your end of turn draw. The Even Up is a rules function not a draw function. So if you are at 7 cards, you would not draw to 8, then even up back to 7. You would just even up to 7, which is no change. If you loose the draw AND the Even Up, I think that's too big a disadvantage, especially since that may be your only outpost. In this format most folks playing with them are probably doing so out of necessity, not out of tactics.
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
JeBuS wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:10 pm @pfti Another rules question (sorry!):
The Mission II outposts on the reverse side say that if you build the outpost, you draw no cards that turn. How does that work with the Warp Speed "even up / down to 7" rule? (My pool is weird enough that this is viable.)
Talked to the Rules Master.
Here is his reply
Okay, my instinct is that draw no cards this turn means you don't get to "even up" at turn end. And it turns out Decipher agreed:

Glossary 1.8: At the end of each of your turns, you must
draw one card (plus any extra draws allowed
or required by a card such as The Traveler:
Transcendence or Ancestral Vision). Then, if
you do not hold exactly seven cards in your
hand, you must “even up” by drawing or
discarding cards to bring your hand back to
seven (if possible). Card draws required to
“even up” your hand may not be converted
to downloads. If you use game text that says
“draw no cards this turn,” you may not draw
cards to “even up” your hand.
While it isnt current rules text, we will hold by that old ruling as it is the most clear
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
In related news, I jumped in to even numbers.
If people have a problem with that let me know.

How I made decks is I created 8 card pools then randomly assigned them to us. I have not looked inside anyone's pool and deleted all of them after I sent them out.

If people want someone outside the tournament to send me a pool, I will take the new one.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
It's an online Warp Speed Regional not Worlds, stakes are not THAT high. I have no issues.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
pfti wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:14 pm If people want someone outside the tournament to send me a pool, I will take the new one.
I do! I do! Cheater! CHEATER! :P j/k j/k j/k

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
pfti wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:07 am
JeBuS wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:24 am

@pfti Another rules question. Warp Speed rules allow us to ignore quadrant reporting restrictions. Does that extend to quadrant seeding restrictions?
Lets go with yes
So to be clear... since this might be relevant... lol I can have a [1E-DQ] mission on my spaceline with alpha missions, and I can seed and use an alpha outpost at my [1E-DQ] mission........
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Takket wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:10 pm

@pfti Another rules question. Warp Speed rules allow us to ignore quadrant reporting restrictions. Does that extend to quadrant seeding restrictions?
Lets go with yes
So to be clear... since this might be relevant... lol I can have a [1E-DQ] mission on my spaceline with alpha missions, and I can seed and use an alpha outpost at my [1E-DQ] mission........
I think so.
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
Takket wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:10 pm

Lets go with yes
Correct
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
I agree with other folks that this is a cool format but might need tweaking, so <putting OP hat on> I would be kind of curious as to the random packs everyone received and if one set of four ends up being head and shoulders better than others. Or if one set / expansion tends to be gawd awful.

Without double-checking I believe I got Dominion, Blaze of Glory, Holodeck Adventures, and Rules of Acquistion. Sounds like @JeBuS must have a Q Continuum pack, perhaps a First Contact and Deep Space Nine one too?
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
LORE wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:05 amWithout double-checking I believe I got Dominion, Blaze of Glory, Holodeck Adventures, and Rules of Acquistion. Sounds like @JeBuS must have a Q Continuum pack, perhaps a First Contact and Deep Space Nine one too?
Looks like I got Q Continuum, First Contact, Deep Space Nine, and Dominion.
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E American National Champion 2023
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
LORE wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:05 am I agree with other folks that this is a cool format but might need tweaking, so <putting OP hat on> I would be kind of curious as to the random packs everyone received and if one set of four ends up being head and shoulders better than others. Or if one set / expansion tends to be gawd awful.

Without double-checking I believe I got Dominion, Blaze of Glory, Holodeck Adventures, and Rules of Acquistion. Sounds like @JeBuS must have a Q Continuum pack, perhaps a First Contact and Deep Space Nine one too?
If I'm reading it correctly -

DS9
Mirror Mirror
Voyager
Motion Pictures

Michael
1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation