For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

• 94 posts
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Just about a week left to get pre-registered for this gig. @Clerasil ToB are you going to join us? What about some of the other ID Draft regulars, like @kaiten619 ? Anyone else want to jump in? I am working on the packs this week and should have plenty of extra cards I can make more packs with, should we get more than 8 folks. :cross:
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
With Markus jumping in we are currently at a nice even 8 players for the two pods, but we can always use more! So far, only Maggie has claimed that Ruby's are a girl's best friend, but if anyone has a strong desire to play either pod please let me know over the weekend. I have all the mission and draw deck / dilemma packs for 8 players set to launch already, so if we get a straggler that is ok! The more the merrier. :cheersL:

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
I did claim Amethyst in direct opposition to Maggie, lol.
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Not trying to Hard Sell anyone on this gig, but I gotta say all the thankless work that went on behind the scenes into revising what comes out in the pack creator is going to create a very dynamic and different draft than we have seen over the past few months. Most of the mission packs have a couple new missions in them, and that will create some super cool interactions. Anyone want to start with Boreth, Place of Questions and go fetch Mack Daddy Kahless, The Greatest Warrior of Them All? Or is anyone interested in picking up points from the U.S.S. Yamato, Contagious Explorer when they solve Galorndon Core, Execute Surreptitious Operation? Those are both now possible, and those are just a few things I noticed when I was putting everything together. I am sure there are a lot more cool options to discover! :cheersL:
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Attention, tributes, attention...

Her majesty, High Queen Lillian, has made the pod selections today for the ID Draft Regional and they are as follows:

Amethyst Pod:
[Baj] , [DS9-E] , [Fer] , & [Kli]

Player A - Remo
Player B - Michael
Player C - Mathew
Player D - Kris

Ruby Pod:
[Car] , [Dom] , [Maq] , & [TNG]

Player A - Maggie
Player B - Adam
Player C - Markus
Player D - Steve

Should we have any late registration(s), The Asian Sensation will decide which pod the tribute(s) are to be assigned to as Player E, Player F, etc. Good luck, tributes! And may the odds be ever in your favor...
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
edgeofhearing wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 4:36 pm I will be watching the results of this event with great interest; I'd love any feedback people have for me about the current (updated) state of the ID card pool.
The changes to the mission selection alone greatly helped me when putting together the packs, as I did not have to delete 2 or 3 30-pointers in every one like usual. To say nothing of how they will shake up the subsequent draft as folks look to find their own Hot New Tech (tm) mission pairings. The draw deck / dilemma packs ultimately still needed to be quite edited, if only because I try to have every pack have at least 2 (usually 3) dilemmas and at least 1 person of each affiliation in order to avoid the feel bads that come with trying to draft Dominion (as an example) and starting with a pack that has 3 Ferengi in it instead. That said, first impressions are largely positive on my end - most of the verbs that are now showing up (e.g. I Need A Little Counseling) should add interesting dynamics, I would just caution against cards like Accession. Both because it has a really powerful effect but more so because it is highly unlikely a participant is ever going to have 6 of a specific affiliation in play. :twocents:

That all said, consider this LAST CALL for registration! We technically start this gig at midnight, and given the rainy weather in MN I may get the missions out to folks this evening. :shifty:
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
And... we're off! Everyone should have their fixed cards and mission pack shortly. Please let me know if you do not see it and be sure to check your spam folder.
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Greetings, ID Drafters! It sounds like the mission packs have hit some snags, so please check your spam filter to see if that is where they landed. @eberlems I used the email I had on file for you, but it is possible you no longer use it so I can resend everything to you if needed. @Professor Scott and @doctorjoya , please let me know if either of you are having issues as I believe one of you must have all our pod's packs since neither Michael or I have seen them.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
Yep. looks like Michael sent all 4 to me at once and the spam filter caught it. Odd that when he previously sent 1 it came right though. I will pick and pass post haste.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
LORE wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 11:42 am Greetings, ID Drafters! It sounds like the mission packs have hit some snags, so please check your spam filter to see if that is where they landed. @eberlems I used the email I had on file for you, but it is possible you no longer use it so I can resend everything to you if needed. @Professor Scott and @doctorjoya , please let me know if either of you are having issues as I believe one of you must have all our pod's packs since neither Michael or I have seen them.
I sent my passes to that email for @eberlems as well.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
Professor Scott wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 11:57 am Yep. looks like Michael sent all 4 to me at once and the spam filter caught it. Odd that when he previously sent 1 it came right though. I will pick and pass post haste.
Sent

By Boratus (Steve Nelson)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
eberlems wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 12:23 pm Received my packs on sunday and passed them (C, B and A) on on monday. @Boratus did you get them?
I see them on my e-mail. I'll pass them later today.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]