It all starts at home: local tournaments, local players. Keep track of events in your region, adjacent regions, and around the globe in this forum.

For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

By CaptMDKirk (Matt Kirk)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Hey folks! Here's your chance if you missed the Project Excelsior playtest @ North American Continentals - come out to test v0.2 on July 30th @ Arby's! Build your own deck and your lunch is covered (one Arby's combo or equivalent) as a thank-you for trying something new. Pre-constructed decks will also be available if you'd rather just show up and give the format a spin. We'll meet @ 2 pm, and stay until 6 pm; stay as long as you like.

Tribbles to follow if we've got a quorum. Click here for the v0.2 Excelsior playtest document.
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
Naetor wrote:... to pick up people off the street?
Just double wrap it and watch for the cops! (they're usually the clean looking ones)

TK

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Bosskamiura wrote:
Naetor wrote:... to pick up people off the street?
Just double wrap it and watch for the cops! (they're usually the clean looking ones)

TK
:lol:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Naetor wrote:I may be out of town, but will make it if I am not. Since you are making some pre-built decks, I wonder if it would be a good opportunity to advertise and play at one of the local game stores to pick up people off the street?
I will be taking flyers around to a few local game stores a couple weeks beforehand.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Nothing's ruined, this isn't a sanctioned event. It's just folks getting together and testing the new format. And it's not like it's the only time we're going to do this; I'd like to do another playtest for v0.3 when that's ready sometime in August.

If you can make it, great! If you can't, we hope that you can join us next time. :cheersL:
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
Naetor wrote:Ok. I think meeting at Arby's is a tough sell for new players, but if enough of the old guard is willing to play I don't mind where it happens. I just know, besides Regionals, we haven't been able to sanction an event for a few months.
I just stopped by Villanous Lair last weekend. I like it a lot actually, and even though I cant make it to this event, it wouldn't bother me to play events here.

The store is spacious, has AC, and is quite comfortable.

TK

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Bosskamiura wrote:I just stopped by Villanous Lair last weekend. I like it a lot actually, and even though I cant make it to this event, it wouldn't bother me to play events here.

I ran demos at Villainous Lair last year to promote the 50th anniversary of Trek, and while the store is pretty nice, it's hard to schedule events there because their table space is usually limited on the weekends (they have established groups that fill the room). That being said, I would like to have more events there in the future to promote the game.
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Bosskamiura wrote:
Naetor wrote:Ok. I think meeting at Arby's is a tough sell for new players, but if enough of the old guard is willing to play I don't mind where it happens. I just know, besides Regionals, we haven't been able to sanction an event for a few months.
I just stopped by Villanous Lair last weekend. I like it a lot actually, and even though I cant make it to this event, it wouldn't bother me to play events here.

TK
The best thing is no cats, right? :D
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
T-Ricks wrote:The best thing is no cats, right? :D
You know what Rick? That still haunts me to this day. I'm surprised you remember that LoL.

What a way to turn off visiting players. Yeesh!

TK

Good mornin' lads, just got me thinking: What w[…]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Yes, it was at Redeemer in Bartlesville. Unfortuna[…]

Apologies for the delays in the results. They will[…]

MW for doctorjoya over tykajada 35-0. GG! :cheers[…]