It all starts at home: local tournaments, local players. Keep track of events in your region, adjacent regions, and around the globe in this forum.

For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

By Commander Joe (Joe Kallstrom)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I'll be there for 1E and I'm working on recruiting a friend to join us.

Are you thinking of picking dates a month or two in advanced? Especially now that it's fall, most weekends will work form me given enough notice. I can also make some week nights work too if anybody wants to do that.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
I'll probably have to drop Round 3, but hey, it's still 2 games of Trek. Maybe if I play fast I can still win with Kris and Kevin both gone!

By PantsOfTheTalShiar (Jason Tang)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Commander Joe wrote:I'll be there for 1E and I'm working on recruiting a friend to join us.

Are you thinking of picking dates a month or two in advanced? Especially now that it's fall, most weekends will work form me given enough notice. I can also make some week nights work too if anybody wants to do that.
Awesome! If you need to borrow an extra deck just let us know.

I am something like 80% for 1E so I won't preregister until that improves.

If we're going to go with the Nth weekend of the month, I would suggest N = 1, 2, or maybe 3 since we have holidays coming up on weekends 4 and 5. It also spaces things out nicely since we have an event in a week and the Charity Draft takes place just after New Years.

It seems like Saturdays have worked out fine, and that's the best day for me anyway. Sunday 1pm or later would also work, but James you tend to have something else late afternoon/early evening on Sunday, right?
BCSWowbagger wrote:I'll probably have to drop Round 3, but hey, it's still 2 games of Trek. Maybe if I play fast I can still win with Kris and Kevin both gone!
I kind of want to try to win, but I've also been told that I should play a Halloween-themed deck, so I'm not sure what to do. Speaking of Kevins, how about our own local Kevin? Does he know about these events?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Get HYPED!

In the tradition of King of the Ring* comes the low-budget knockoff, Monarch of the Mat. With The Old Pro scoping out retirement homes in Orlando, the title is anyone's for the taking. Will Joe command an impressive lead? Will Justin ravage the field? Will James emerge with another win in the bag? Will Jason make it back from his college reunion? Will there be any showing from anyone whose name doesn't start with J?

It all goes down this Sunday SUNDAY Sunday!!!

*King of the Ring is a trademark of Money, Inc.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Fleet Admiral
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Pants o.t. Tal Shiar wrote:Get HYPED!

In the tradition of King of the Ring* comes the low-budget knockoff, Monarch of the Mat. With The Old Pro scoping out retirement homes in Orlando, the title is anyone's for the taking. Will Joe command an impressive lead? Will Justin ravage the field? Will James emerge with another win in the bag? Will Jason make it back from his college reunion? Will there be any showing from anyone whose name doesn't start with J?

It all goes down this Sunday SUNDAY Sunday!!!

*King of the Ring is a trademark of Money, Inc.
LOLOLOL

Nice work. I hope you all have a beer at FFG for me in honor of my Worlds win. :shifty:
 -  
Community Contributor
I'm officially coming.

I have no deck, but am coming.

Matt, don't know if you can get away, but we'd love to have you!
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Fleet Admiral
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Any idea when the next set of local (now league) gigs will be? Late this month would be ideal for me! I can also host some if needed to fill out the league roster, either with Tribbles on a week night or with the November / December local Saturday events now that life is starting to settle down just a bit.
 -  
Community Contributor
How would people feel about a 1E tournament in some weird format with a start time of Friday at 9:30 PM? (Not this Friday; just some Friday.)

Good opportunity for heavy drinking and general insanity as we all descend into sleepiness. We'd finish around 1:30 AM.

"Some weird format" is as-yet undecided (Block? Voyager Warp Speed? KLINGON WARLORDS??? Open?), but I wanted to float a trial balloon before scheduling anything.

Would be at my new place.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
BCSWowbagger wrote:How would people feel about a 1E tournament in some weird format with a start time of Friday at 9:30 PM? (Not this Friday; just some Friday.)

Good opportunity for heavy drinking and general insanity as we all descend into sleepiness. We'd finish around 1:30 AM.

"Some weird format" is as-yet undecided (Block? Voyager Warp Speed? KLINGON WARLORDS??? Open?), but I wanted to float a trial balloon before scheduling anything.

Fed vs. Borg battle for Earth! It's already a fun scenario. Add alcohol for a total drunken hilarity assimilation-filled evening! :cheersL: :borg: :cheersR:

By Commander Joe (Joe Kallstrom)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:How would people feel about a 1E tournament in some weird format with a start time of Friday at 9:30 PM? (Not this Friday; just some Friday.)

I'm down for some shenanigans.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
LORE wrote:Any idea when the next set of local (now league) gigs will be? Late this month would be ideal for me! I can also host some if needed to fill out the league roster, either with Tribbles on a week night or with the November / December local Saturday events now that life is starting to settle down just a bit.
Two gigs in a month? I'm down with that.

I'm down with this, too. I can also suggest the Impose Order format and cube draft as "weird formats", dependent on me actually putting it together. I'll have some extra time these next two weeks so I may actually make some progress.

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0

2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]