It all starts at home: local tournaments, local players. Keep track of events in your region, adjacent regions, and around the globe in this forum.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
... if you're lucky enough to live in Cape Town, that is.

Come try out the new Excelsior format for STCCG on Boxing Day! Beginners especially welcome, just show up and I'll give you a deck. I'll also throw in a lunch, just let me know if you're coming so I can plan.

Excelsior is a small card pool (only 450 cards total), carefully selected to make for enjoyable games without too much brain strain, and the games are shorter. It's also a storyline format. The more you win with your favorite deck, the better your heroes will do in the Excelsior story. You can read Act 1 of the story here:

https://www.trekcc.org/articles/index.p ... ticle=2159

For more details on the format, check out the launch article:

https://www.trekcc.org/articles/index.p ... ticle=2160

Hope to see you there, 10:30 - 15:00 on December 26th AKA Boxing Day.

PM me (Fritzinger) for details of location if you're in the area :).
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor

Word on the street is that there might be an Excelsior event hosted by The Dojo just in case you do not live in South Africa.

Discussions among The Dojo Elders are still ongoing.

TK
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
Armus wrote:
monty42 wrote:What the hell is "Boxing day"?
Ask the Canadians. The only thing I know is that it's their thing. :P
Commonwealth thing actually. I didn't really know what it was about just that it was a holiday until this year actually. If I remember correctly it had something to do with 'rich' people packing "boxes" with left over food and or presents for their servants after Christmas or for people that regularly serve them but they don't employ eg. postman or milkman.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Latok wrote: Commonwealth thing actually. I didn't really know what it was about just that it was a holiday until this year actually. If I remember correctly it had something to do with 'rich' people packing "boxes" with left over food and or presents for their servants after Christmas or for people that regularly serve them but they don't employ eg. postman or milkman.
Huh. Didn't know that. Boxing day has always just been the name for the 26th. That feels a bit more awkward.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
Latok wrote:
Armus wrote:
monty42 wrote:What the hell is "Boxing day"?
Ask the Canadians. The only thing I know is that it's their thing. :P
Commonwealth thing actually. I didn't really know what it was about just that it was a holiday until this year actually. If I remember correctly it had something to do with 'rich' people packing "boxes" with left over food and or presents for their servants after Christmas or for people that regularly serve them but they don't employ eg. postman or milkman.
That's pretty much it. You box up your old things and give them to the less fortunate.

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0

2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]