It all starts at home: local tournaments, local players. Keep track of events in your region, adjacent regions, and around the globe in this forum.

For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Less than two weeks until this ridiculous event! Sign up now!

I still have no idea what deck to build! Having (effectively) a universal treaty in place scrambles all my notions of how to design a deck!
 -  
Community Contributor
RULES CLARIFICATION:

The question was asked, "If I have 15 copies of Gorath in play, do I have 15 Klingon Warlords or just 1, because of the cumulative rule?"

Under the current cumulative rule (specifically, the part known as the Frool Rule), your Klingon Warlords must be different personnel in order to count towards your total. So 15 copies of Gorath = 1 Klingon Warlord for the purposes of victory conditions in this scenario.
 -  
Community Contributor
TIME CLARIFICATION:

The question I received was "Is this scheduled for 9:00 PM on Saturday?"

The answer is "Yes!" Nobody wants to play a format this crazy while fully awake, so we're playing late! (...also I have a wedding to go to that day.) And, yes, the event is on SATURDAY, not Friday as originally planned.

RULE CLARIFICATION:

Remember: there is effectively a universal treaty in play for this game. Everyone is both their default affiliation and Klingon. I am finding manifold ways to abuse this. I'm sure you are, too, but I don't want anybody to miss out on downloading Sinam to a Klingon Outpost with Defend Homeworld to start instant Duck Blind. It gives me great joy to do this.

PLAYER CLARIFICATION:

I'm told we have an unregistered fifth player coming, which is great. I'd love to get a sixth. Any takers?

By Hobie (Robert Petersen)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Family issues will keep me from attending this weekend but I hope everyone enjoys Klingon Warlords! Been looking forward to it for years and glad to see it happening.
 -  
Community Contributor
Sorry to hear it! We'll have to find some time to play it you and me, because I know how much you've wanted to do Klingon Warlords.
 -  
Community Contributor
We've got a sixth! Welcome Ben Johnson to the HALL OF KLINGON WARLORDS!

See you all tonight at 9 PM!
 -  
Community Contributor
Thanks to everyone who came out tonight! Our Ultimate Warlord is Jason Tang! Congratulations! You are a hero of the Empire!

Unfortunately, the real enemy was sleep, and, after a late start, we decided to call it after two rounds.

Some memorable moments from this ridiculous night in this ridiculous format (and everyone else please feel free to jump in with other silly bits):
  • Kevin trying to trigger his self-seeded Borg Cube but accidentally hitting Gomtuu.
  • James's deck with no dilemmas.
  • Jason actually using (!!) Orbital Bombardment.
  • Kevin putting tribbles on Starbase 247 right before blowing it up, to provide Matt with catharsis.
  • Kevin trying to trigger his self-seeded Borg Cube (again) in order to blow it up and score bonus points but forgetting that it actually goes to the end of the spaceline now because of the errata... so he does it, and happens to blow up Matt's Kronos One that's sitting there minding its business with 12 Warlords aboard.
  • The game where James tried to chase down Ben with his armada but Ben just ignored him and scored 185 points... which gave the full win to James, who had more Warlords.
  • The game where Jason had scored zero points but just after time was called managed to blow up one of Justin's ships to kill just one Warlord... which left Jason with just enough Warlords to steal the win.
  • James firing on Kevin's docked ships with 98 WEAPONS (most of it from Cardassian Freighters), and still having trouble blowing up the outpost because of frigging Strategic Base.
  • Okay, Matt, I guess Strategic Base isn't a totally useless card in this format.

By PantsOfTheTalShiar (Jason Tang)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Nice format where you can win without scoring any points whatsoever. Did anyone ever win a game while having more points than their opponent?

My highlights were Morn murdering Elim with a Bat'leth, and using the first function of Defend Homeworld. Though, the fun part of using DH was telling James about it afterward, who was surprised that I was actually seeding DH for this purpose and didn't need to download SECURITY to set up some play or draw engine. And yeah, Orbital Bombardment is ridiculous for being able to hit personnel inside a Headquarters.
 -  
Community Contributor
Commander Joe wrote:Sounds like an interesting night, wish I could have been there. Was it entertaining enough to do again some time? I'd like to try it.
It is entertaining the way Open format is entertaining: it's a complete train wreck, but it's fun making all the cars crash together anyway. I'd be more than happy to play it again sometime -- probably on Lackey or in one-on-one games rather than as a full-fledged event, though.
Nice format where you can win without scoring any points whatsoever. Did anyone ever win a game while having more points than their opponent?
Ummm... <__< >__>

(no.)
Crossover question

I was literally just typing up this question all[…]

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0