It all starts at home: local tournaments, local players. Keep track of events in your region, adjacent regions, and around the globe in this forum.
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
This might come as a shock to some, but I'm actually going to hold a 1E tournament next month. While it will only be an OTSD sealed deck with some added boosters, playing the cards as written, it's a first for me since 2E came out. I have played in two OTSD tournaments in the past couple of years and thought it might be fun to try to hold one myself. Big shout out to Sean O'Reilly (Jono) for being my safety net on it and to James Heaney (BCSWowbagger) for his invaluable updated basic 1E rules guide. Reading that makes the idea of playing 1E exciting.

It will be held on August 18, a Saturday, starting at Noon at Sci-Fi City in Orlando. We are going three rounds and all the sealed product will be provided free of charge to all participants, at least as much as I have available anyway. Plus, you get to keep all the cards you get. All the details are on the 1E tournament page for Cardassia. Since we don't play 1E here in Orlando, I won't have any prize support available for this one, but the cost is free so you don't have anything to lose by joining in.

So, wish me luck, but more so the players for having to put up with a TD that has never run a 1E tournament in the 2E era. Hope to see all my regulars there and anyone else that wants to give it a shot.

I have also scheduled a regular Tribbles tournament to follow, but that depends on how long the sealed deck runs as to whether or not we'll have time to play it. So bring a deck anyway, just in case.
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
I'm going to miss this one because I'll be at a concert that night, but I can't wait to hear how it goes!
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
OKCoyote wrote:I'm going to miss this one because I'll be at a concert that night, but I can't wait to hear how it goes!
I'm sure it will be a comedy of errors on my part. :D Well, I hope the guys laugh it off. :cross:
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
T-Ricks wrote:For what it's worth, I had more players attend the OTSD event than my normal 2E tournaments. :)
I was pleasantly surprised to see that!
Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Congrats to Mugato for going 4-0 in the tournament[…]

Jared Hoffman FW Mathew McCalpin 100-12

Card of the Day: Dumb Waiter

Does Dumb Waiter still work if you don't comma[…]

I just booked my flight for Thursday afternoon arr[…]