It all starts at home: local tournaments, local players. Keep track of events in your region, adjacent regions, and around the globe in this forum.

For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Folks, my wife has given birth, we have settled in to life with two kids, everyone is finally healthy again, our basement is clean (ish), and it's time for a return to Friday Night Follies in James's Basement!

The next event is going to be a Sealed Warp Speed Voyager-logo Deck Lottery event (with a little bit of No Such Thing As Luck), because there's no technical limit on the number of weird formats you're allowed to smush together.

As always, it will be on a Friday night, it will be in my Twin Cities, MN basement, there will be snacks, and we will be playing 1E when It Is Way Too Late To Be Playing 1E What's Wrong With You I'm Slowly Losing My Mind.

Here's how the event will work:

* I will buy a box of Voyager starters from Hill's Wholesale Gaming.

* Players pick and open a deck at random for the first round.

* You have five minutes to construct a Warp Speed deck out of your starter. (You shouldn't even need that. Voyager Sealed Warp Speed isn't complex or diverse.)

* Warp Speed rules are here: https://www.trekcc.org/op/1e_warpspeedrules.pdf

* Each round has a 30 minute time limit. Yeah, 30-MINUTE FIRST EDITION.

* End of the round, you can either (a) open a new starter or (b) take your opponent's starter. (Your choice.) You MAY NOT play two rounds with the same starter, or you will be sent to the corner.

* There will be another five minutes to build a new deck out of your new starter.

* We are going to play three rounds (NOT TWO). I'm open to a fourth if there's time and people are wanting to, but odds are -- according to my prior experience -- you're going to be sick of Voyager Sealed Warp Speed after three games of it and ready to call it a night.

* End of the night, everybody can take home some of the starters (so if we have 4 players, everybody gets 3 of the 12 starters in the box).

* $5 entry fee covers this and... other prizes???? (I honestly don't know; I have to check my basement for prizes.)

What I need to know is: who wants to come and what dates work for you? It has to be a Friday night in February or early March. It can't be February 8th because I probably won't have the cards from Hill's yet.

We'll most likely start at 8:30, because I know the 9 PM start time has been tough on certain weakliindividuals in the past. All told, we should be done by, like, 11 PM instead of the usual after-midnight.

Other than that, I'm wide open, so come at me with your preferred dates.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
BCSWowbagger wrote:You MAY NOT play two rounds with the same starter, or you will be sent to the corner.
Not the corner! It's full of people who post non-questions during Q&A threads!
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
BCSWowbagger wrote:Folks, my wife has given birth, we have settled in to life with two kids, everyone is finally healthy again, our basement is clean (ish), and it's time for a return to Friday Night Follies in James's Basement!

By PantsOfTheTalShiar (Jason Tang)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
This is a great idea, and will bring back memories of my first CC-era tournament, which was Warp Speed Sealed at JAMES'S POOLSIDE LOUNGE & CARD ROOM.

On the 15th I could do a 9pm start time but wouldn't quite make an 8:30 start. Other Fridays I have about a 70% chance of being able to attend.
 -  
Community Contributor
LORE wrote:I may even bring the OP guide for you to type up for me in between rounds. :wink:
You offer the OPG to me freely.

I do not deny that my heart has greatly desired this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OVYatF4sFM
 -  
Community Contributor
We are on for the 22nd of February! Tournament is attached. I ended up setting the start time at 9 PM after all, because it was easier with scheduling in my household. The games should go fast, though.

I have not registered a secondary TD at this time because I am commencing an immediate nationwide search for a CELEBRITY SECONDARY TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR! If we encounter a rules problem or dispute in a game where the primary T.D. is playing, we will immediately call the CELEBRITY SECONDARY T.D. wherever he or she is in the world and whatever time it is in his or her time zone and demand an immediate ruling without checking the rulebook or Glossary or anything but his or her own gut!

(A complete lack of 1E rules knowledge is a plus, so any 2E-exclusive players should feel free to volunteer for this coveted position. Your avatar will be printed and posted above the bar in my basement throughout the event as a token of our esteem.)
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
In!

Oh wait, does that mean I have to stay awake past 9:00 pm?

Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise
 -  
Community Contributor
CELEBRITY SECONDARY TD CONFIRMED! What greater celebrity could we get than the freshly minted chairman of the Continuing Committee?
Oh wait, does that mean I have to stay awake past 9:00 pm?
No, it means we will wake you from a dead sleep at 10:30 with a phone call asking for a ruling. You can go back to sleep after. PM me your digits! :D
 -  
Community Contributor
We are a week away from this silliness!

MONDAY: I print out the picture of our CELEBRITY SECONDARY T.D. for posting over the bar!

TUESDAY: I cajole my daughter into cleaning up her toys in the basement!

WEDNESDAY: Nothing!

THURSDAY: Nothing!

FRIDAY: I remember I need snacks and frantically go out and buy snacks, cursing myself for not doing this Thursday!

AND THEN WE GAME!
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]