It all starts at home: local tournaments, local players. Keep track of events in your region, adjacent regions, and around the globe in this forum.

By Neelix (Scott Baughman)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
  Trek Masters 2E Champion 2024
Hey gang,

I'm hosting a tournament tomorrow (2/2) in Sector 001 in S.C. for the first time in about two years. I submitted the event to the database 7 days ago with a new venue address added as we are now playing at a local church fellowship hall. Is there anyone adding those new locations to the database these days? Whom should I bug about that now?

Thanks in advance,
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Neelix wrote:Hey gang,

I'm hosting a tournament tomorrow (2/2) in Sector 001 in S.C. for the first time in about two years. I submitted the event to the database 7 days ago with a new venue address added as we are now playing at a local church fellowship hall. Is there anyone adding those new locations to the database these days? Whom should I bug about that now?

Thanks in advance,
I'd sent a note to BCSWowBagger (sp?) He's an IT Wizard understudy of the great Mael, long may he reign.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
There's a TOOL?!

Show me so I can fix it, o great one. Because I am so sick of doing these manually.
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
Can we make The Dojo a real location in The Neutral Zone?

Given its status as TrekCC’s premiere destination for Online Play, I think it’s earned this and frankly, it’s time.

TK
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
bosskamiura wrote:Can we make The Dojo a real location in The Neutral Zone?

Given its status as TrekCC’s premiere destination for Online Play, I think it’s earned this and frankly, it’s time.

TK
Is it not one? When I look at a Dojo tourney, I see The Dojo listed in bright red text.

I can edit tournament hosts but (as seen above) I am not all that knowledgeable about the system, so let me know what's missing and I'll see what I can do. As a rule, I think the more we can do to support the Dojo here, the better for everybody.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
jadziadax8 wrote:
BCSWowbagger wrote:As a rule, I think the more we can do to support the Dojo here, the better for everybody.
+1
+2
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
BCSWowbagger wrote:
bosskamiura wrote:Can we make The Dojo a real location in The Neutral Zone?

TK
Is it not one? When I look at a Dojo tourney, I see The Dojo listed in bright red text.

I can edit tournament hosts but (as seen above) I am not all that knowledgeable about the system, so let me know what's missing and I'll see what I can do. As a rule, I think the more we can do to support the Dojo here, the better for everybody.
I would like The Dojo to be added onto the host list. Maybe: Online - The Dojo?

TK

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
bosskamiura wrote: I would like The Dojo to be added onto the host list. Maybe: Online - The Dojo?
The problem with this is that the Online host is hard-coded in a lot of places to ensure maximum visibility. So as soon as I detach the Dojo from that special host situation, it will basically disappear from everybody's view and nobody will be able to see those events at all anymore... which is the exact opposite of what you're going for. By being part of the "Online" tournament location, it means that it shows up as a local tournament for anybody, no matter what region, state, province, or country they live in. If you setup a new location for them instead, then it would only be visible to those players that live in South Africa and filter by "Regional events", but not for anybody else.

Hence, it's much better to just keep all Online events listed as Online events, no matter who is running them.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
LORE wrote:
jadziadax8 wrote:
BCSWowbagger wrote:As a rule, I think the more we can do to support the Dojo here, the better for everybody.
+1
+2
+3.

Thank you @bcswowbagger.

TK
Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]