It all starts at home: local tournaments, local players. Keep track of events in your region, adjacent regions, and around the globe in this forum.

By Newski (Nellie Bly Workman)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
So I have been waiting for like for years with my cards waiting for an opportunity to come down to the Chicago Area to play, and in the last four or five or so I never was able to get off any days tournaments took place. Maybe when I change my job I'll be able to, but not yet.

I'm taking this opportunity to see if there is enough interest in a South Eastern Wisconsin game. Either a regular tournament or just a casual group that gets together.
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
Play online from the comfort of your home. The group who plays online is pretty big and you’ll meet people from around the world who play all three games.

TK

By Newski (Nellie Bly Workman)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I've been looking to get into online play and would definitely like more information but at the same time I HAVE ALL THESE PHYSICAL CARDS.

I was a big collector as a kid, and still pick up a bunch whenever I find them about.
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
Newski wrote:I've been looking to get into online play and would definitely like more information but at the same time I HAVE ALL THESE PHYSICAL CARDS.

I was a big collector as a kid, and still pick up a bunch whenever I find them about.
Yeah - that’s all of us basically and unfortunately. And now that everything is printable, it hurts even more.

Well when you’re ready, you can find us on our discord channel. There’s about 90 of us Trek fans there. The links to it are in my signature. You can find some of them here by their forum badges too. Dojo Masters, Tribbles Champs, League Champs, etc.

TK

By Nerdopolis Prime (Nerdopolis Prime)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hi Nellie.

I hope you will find some fellow Star Trek nerds in your new neighbourhood. Having the printed cards at hand for me is pure gold. It reminds me of older, better times. Well, I guess I´m getting pretty old, saying that :wink: But it still is a blast from the past and fills me with joy and wonderful memories.

Cheers

Nerdo
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Schedule a tournament. I’ll try to make it happen.

You might want to try getting ahold of warpaw. He’s in Green Bay, which I know is not close, but is still reasonable.

Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Wisconsin is not a bad place to be. It's not rich in players, but it's not a complete player desert like the entire Mountain Time Zone, either. (Sorry, Mountain Timers.)

9of24 lives up in Green Bay. I have a friend who keeps meaning to play who lives in Brillion, but he never quite has the chance to make a six-hour drive to St. Paul to play with us. He might be willing to be cajoled out of hiding for a closer event.

And you've got a very nice situation in having two large playgroups (Chicago and Minneapolis) within a few hours of you. Chicago has the Chairman of the CC and Minneapolis has the Director of Organized Play: two people who are highly motivated to see you succeed. You won't get everyone from either group, but you're likely to get one or two out-of-state players -- enough to sanction, at least.

I'd suggest coordinating with 9of24 aka Jeremy (and warpaw, if Jeremy can cajole him out of retirement), find a date and location that works for you both, schedule an event, and see who else shows up. Odds are, you'll get enough players for a sanctioned event. Worst-case, you get a nice game in with a quality player and cool guy.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation