It all starts at home: local tournaments, local players. Keep track of events in your region, adjacent regions, and around the globe in this forum.

For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Pants o.t. Tal Shiar wrote:I panicked last night because my side deck was missing. Then I saw that I shuffled it into my draw deck after my last test draw. After fixing that, I did another test draw and realized that I had forgotten how to play the deck. Oh, and I need to figure out dilemmas for both games.

Hoping my immune system has good matchups the rest of the week. :cross:
Full disclosure, James shamed me into building a new deck so I have done just that for the 1E gig. I am trying to refresh an older 2E design too this week, so both events I should be playing something newish or at least not something I ran this year already. That said, I am starting to feel like I am coming down with The Crud that is going around, so here is hoping I can physically make it to my own tournament in a few days. :?
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Pants o.t. Tal Shiar wrote:After fixing that, I did another test draw and realized that I had forgotten how to play the deck.
Sometimes people ask me, "James, why are your deck notes so long? Do you really think other people need or want that much information?"

And the answer is, no, absolutely not, but I do, because the odds I remember anything about my deck after six months are virtually zero.

As for dilemma strats: you can always just steal 'em!

https://www.trekcc.org/1e/decklists/ind ... emmastrats
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Pants' tournament report on Saturday's action is HIGH COMEDY. Sitting next to that game with Robert was a riot. And I want to point out that we both fail HARD at remembering what Misinterpreted History actually requires and how to pass it. I ran the guy who could help me pass it into the buzz saw while attempting a bunch at both this gig and the last local gig, so I have learned to try to come prepared. And by prepared I mean... I just let my persona LORE eat it whenever possible. Why, YES, he is the most cunning! Why, YES, he does have the most treachery! But NO he does not have Arch, Law, or Exo! :wink:
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
BCSWowbagger wrote:(1) I only just noticed the tournament scheduled for Saturday (thanks to Charlie's 1E Roundup). I've been checking this thread, but not the actual tournament listings, to see when the next gig would be. And now I feel stupid!

(2) Doubly stupid, because I booked this Saturday last week and wish I hadn't so I could play. Sorry, gang! Eat nuts and kick butts!
Cross-posted because... James... :wink:

Our next two league events are scheduled for Saturday November 30th at FFG. 2nd Edition goes first then 1st Edition as we close out the first half of league season. You gotta be there!

2E: https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... ntID=11318

1E: https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... ntID=11319
 -  
Community Contributor
LORE wrote:Cross-posted because... James... :wink:
Yeah, you got me. Turns out this is still the thread I check usually. Habits, man!

:thumbsup:

By Commander Joe (Joe Kallstrom)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
The cross posting helped me too through email notification. Thanks!

There's a good chance I'll be at this one. Once I know for sure I'll post on the other thread so I can get notified from there too :wink:
 -  
Community Contributor
I just remembered I'm having a dinner party that night. Can't make it.

(Nothing to do with you, Joe. I miss you!)

By Commander Joe (Joe Kallstrom)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:I just remembered I'm having a dinner party that night. Can't make it.

(Nothing to do with you, Joe. I miss you!)
How convenient, and I haven't even registered yet! I see how it is :wink: .
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Reminder - it is local gig week! If you have not pre-registered, get signed up today. See you all Saturday!
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Cross posting here because... James... and now Joe. :P

Good afternoon, 'trek fans! Your next dose of the T2E Tough Enough league is going down on Wednesday December 11th at Fantasy Flight Games as we breed some Tribbles to knock out the holiday season's league events. The first round will start around 6:30 p.m. and the second event will kick off around 8 p.m. Casual games will be sprinkled in throughout for those wishing to play with us but wanting something a little different. To pre-register, please click the links below:

Tribbles Round 1:
https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... ntID=11349

Tribbles Round 2:
https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... ntID=11350

And last but certainly not least on the ol' calendar is the annual New Year's Charity Draft! This year's event will be going down on January 4th also at Fantasy Flight Games. We are kicking it old school this year, with players receiving a First Edition Official Tournament Sealed Deck (OTSD) and several packs from which to craft an OTF legal deck (i.e. no mission stealing in this one, fellas.) To help out, players will also be given a treaty of their choice (as needed) after the draft finishes. Will anyone be brave enough to try something a bit off the beaten path, like Bajoran / Klingon? Tune in to find out!

First Edition Draft:
https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... ntID=11348
Last edited by LORE on Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Don't forget about Tribbles night at Fantasy Flight Games on Wednesday. I hope you can make it! Please pre-register if you intend to. Thanks!

By Hobie (Robert Petersen)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Isn't Tribbles a week from Wednesday, the 18th?

Good afternoon, 'trek fans! Your next dose of the T2E Tough Enough league is going down on Wednesday December 18th at Fantasy Flight Games as we breed some Tribbles to knock out the holiday season's league events.

If it is this Wednesday I don't think I will make it...
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Just a reminder that our next local gig is the charity draft coming up on 1/4/20 as we kick it old school with a First Edition OTSD+ draft. What does that plus sign mean, you ask? Well, thanks to the support of the Frozen Chosen whom have donated not just the OTSD's but also two additional booster boxes, we will be able to draft 8 packs / player from Premiere, Alternate Universe, and now Reflections! That is right, we have procured a booster box of good 'ol foil goodness to draft next month as well. Players will likely get 5 Premiere packs, 1 Alternate Universe pack, and 2 Reflections draft from which to make an OTF legal (i.e. no mission stealing) build for 3 rounds of fun as we raise money to help a family in need half a World away. I hope to see you there!
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
LORE wrote:Just a reminder that our next local gig is the charity draft coming up on 1/4/20 as we kick it old school with a First Edition OTSD+ draft. What does that plus sign mean, you ask? Well, thanks to the support of the Frozen Chosen whom have donated not just the OTSD's but also two additional booster boxes, we will be able to draft 8 packs / player from Premiere, Alternate Universe, and now Reflections! That is right, we have procured a booster box of good 'ol foil goodness to draft next month as well. Players will likely get 5 Premiere packs, 1 Alternate Universe pack, and 2 Reflections draft from which to make an OTF legal (i.e. no mission stealing) build for 3 rounds of fun as we raise money to help a family in need half a World away. I hope to see you there!
If someone plays a ❖ or 40-point mission, it can be stolen.

That came up in the Cube Draft yesterday.
Last edited by jadziadax8 on Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Good morning and happy holidays! Just a reminder that the Charity Draft will be going down on 1/4/20 at Fantasy Flight Games in Roseville, MN and that this year we will be kicking it old school with an OTSD+ draft! If you have not pre-registered, please do so to ensure we have enough sealed product for everyone. Rumor has it, the South Dakota crew will be joining us this year, so it should be a great day of gaming for an amazing cause! See you there!

https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... ntID=11348

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]