Greetings, Mr. McMahon!
What a nightmare this all must be for our devoted local OP organizer. Unconnected thoughts:
* I have strong doubts that our stay-at-home order will end in May as scheduled. Minnesota's case counts are bizarrely high
and our test positivity rate is pretty bad
. I guess we'll find out tonight when Walz gives his talk.
* When it ends, I'll be keeping a really close eye on statewide conditions, and will make decisions about in-person events based on the facts at the time. Once stay-at-home ends, a lot of people are going to get sick; the state knows and accepts this this. I'm determined that my parents (who I normally see a lot of) do not catch it, certainly not from me.
* I can't imagine I will be willing to set foot in the FFG game center in the next few months, even once stay-at-home legally ends. Games in people's basements might
be doable, because of the smaller number of exposures, but we'll just have to see how Minnesota's epidemic evolves.
* Once we can play in person again, my schedule is basically unchanged. Most weekends work for me. Most nights work for me. Saturdays and Sundays I am busy from ~5-9 PM. June is iffy because my family has a TON of June birthdays on both sides, but that's true every year.
we can play in person again, my schedule is (ironically?) much more restricted than usual. My wife is handling a lot
of being trapped in the house with the kids / managing "distance learning" while I work full-time in my home office, and weekends are her only time off now. This means I am basically only able to play at nights or during the kids' nap times (a two-hour block that starts some time after 1 PM and before 4 PM).
* So if we do a 1-day online event during the day, I can probably play 1 game. And I will!
* But I've been playing mostly night games for the past month. I've been thinking about doing another 1-day online Friday Night Folly event during the pandemic -- the late-Friday scheduling perfect for me -- but the TNG playtest sorta messed up my plans. Would there be any interest around here in a Friday night tournament in some unspecified weird format? I could start it as early as 8:30 PM, since I know they've gone a bit too late in the past.
* Jason, what times are you available on Sunday? You know I've wanted to play your Cube for ages.