It all starts at home: local tournaments, local players. Keep track of events in your region, adjacent regions, and around the globe in this forum.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Hobie wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:38 am October sounds good to me. Gives time to put stuff together. :)
Maybe the weekend of October 10-12? (Monday the 12th is Columbus Day if people have that available).
Robert, do you think you can join us? Looking to be a pretty small gathering, and we could use you for sanctioning (2E) and / or making sure we draw 4. I am working on getting Lillian to play, if we need her. :cross:

By Hobie (Robert Petersen)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Yeah I will be there.
Thought there was an extra week in October for some reason. :(
I have a 2E deck together and will throw something legal at least for 1E.
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Hobie wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:17 am Yeah I will be there.
Thought there was an extra week in October for some reason. :(
I have a 2E deck together and will throw something legal at least for 1E.
Thanks again to Robert, Steve, Lillian, and Jason for coming out to the Regional last month.

It probably goes without saying, but I am putting in-person events back on hold indefinitely pending what is going on in MN with COVID these days. As many of you know, yesterday was a historic day for all the wrong reasons. Stay safe, my friends! :cross:
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
I think we're getting close. Cases are back down to where they were in October, the vaccine is rolling out... I can almost taste the in-person games.
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
BCSWowbagger wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:07 pm I think we're getting close. Cases are back down to where they were in October, the vaccine is rolling out... I can almost taste the in-person games.
I hope so too. I put a league into the system mostly out of hope, and expect we will just have a couple gigs that may count towards it. Personally, my metric is whenever Lillian can get vaccinated is when I would feel safe to venture forth. Here is hoping it is soon! :cross:

By Hobie (Robert Petersen)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Gives us some time to figure out what sort of event we want to have.

1E:
Constructed?
Block?
Cube/sealed?
Something crazy?

Not to mention what sort of 2E shenanigans are wanted to indulge in too. :)
 -  
Community Contributor
Gang, @LORE has been down for the count for a bit with surgery and so forth, and (as a direct result) we haven't gotten together for games in a bit. My current understanding (and correct me if I'm wrong) is that there's no "official" New Year's Charity Draft this year.

I know it's Christmastime right now, but how do your schedules all look in January? And what kind of Trek do you want to play at the moment? Maybe we could keep up the tradition and raise a little money for Kris's usual charities as well. (Does anyone want to play a Peldor Joi event?)

I'm open to anything; just would like a little in-person 1E.

@Hobie , @Commander Joe , @PantsOfTheTalShiar , @CrimsonRavage .
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
I am recovering from surgery ok, but would rather just play than try to run given all the circumstances around my restrictions. If something gets lined up, I'll do my best to be there to take ratings points off the World Champ. :shifty:

By Commander Joe (Joe Kallstrom)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
@lore I hope everything went as well as possible and your pain is gone (excluding recovery pains).

I'll be closing the shop for the last two weeks of the year :D . There will obviously be family activities during that time but could probably make something work when I don't have my girls, especially if it was on a weekday.

As far as January goes, I'm free the first weekend and every other weekend after that. Currently I don't have any ice fishing trips planned, but that may change soon.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Commander Joe wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:39 am Currently I don't have any ice fishing trips planned, but that may change soon.
This is sooooo Minnesota and I love it! :cheersL: :cheersR:

By PantsOfTheTalShiar (Jason Tang)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Sundays are free after Christmas, and Saturdays could work if given enough notice.

The Warp Speed Cube is always available whenever and wherever two or more players are available and interested in playing. (One of those players being me.) I know @Iron Prime had expressed interest. But that could be done in addition to a constructed event, possibly even a weeknight.
 -  
Community Contributor
WS Cube actually sounds perfect to me, as I will be hair-on-fire busy until roughly the 30th and any Constructed Complete deck I try to build will be a craptasm. Everyone else cool with that?

How does Sunday January 2nd or Sunday January 9th look for everyone?

(@Iron Prime , anything we can do schedule-wise to coax you out from The Distant Place?)

I'm happy to run it.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
If it’s the 2nd, make it a Peldor Joi event!
1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation