It all starts at home: local tournaments, local players. Keep track of events in your region, adjacent regions, and around the globe in this forum.

By Nerdopolis Prime (Nerdopolis Prime)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
KillerB wrote:What/who are "members"?
"Member" means an individual or entity having membership rights in a corporation in accordance with the provisions of its articles of incorporation or bylaws.

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Community Contributor
Nerdopolis Prime wrote:
KillerB wrote:What/who are "members"?
"Member" means an individual or entity having membership rights in a corporation in accordance with the provisions of its articles of incorporation or bylaws.
They've been debating on what constitutes a "member" since becoming a non-profit. So to toss it around at me in corporate cosplay is disingenuous.

Pretend Chairman #2's fake lawyer talk doesn't scare anyone.

By Nerdopolis Prime (Nerdopolis Prime)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
man, you got to set your priorities straight.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
JeBuS wrote:We hope you have a good time at your meeting in Vegas. Your post was once again changed to prevent misleading members about a tournament.

Should you further attempt to mislead members about the nature of your local tournament, the thread will be locked.
By what right does this organization, which has been spreading nonsense about its own “bid process” for years, and which has expressly abdicated any claim it may have had to the name, tell us who can and can’t use the name “World Championships”?

How dare you denigrate our event as a “local”, or a “meeting”, you who aren’t even attempting to run your own event? I didn’t exactly expect help in promoting it from you people, but things have come to a pretty fucking grim point when the CC is actively trying to suppress turnout for a STCCG tournament event.

I wouldn't be so quick to throw around words like “mislead” or “misinformation” about whether this event is the 2020 STCCC World Championship. We’ve got a legal document that says it is.

SEE YOU IN COURT MOTHERFUCKER

Mod Edit [Boffo97]: Rule 11 breaking content hidden.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
The Continuing Committee doesn't claim ownership of the terminology. The CC is a sanctioning body and it hasn't sanctioned this event as such. So, advertising it in that way here would be misleading to anyone on our site.

Threats of legal action against The Continuing Committee are not taken lightly and have led to termination of membership. Ben Hosp's post will be reviewed and action may be taken in that regard.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
JeBuS wrote:The Continuing Committee doesn't claim ownership of the terminology. The CC is a sanctioning body and it hasn't sanctioned this event as such. So, advertising it in that way here would be misleading to anyone on our site.

Threats of legal action against The Continuing Committee are not taken lightly and have led to termination of membership. Ben Hosp's post will be reviewed and action may be taken in that regard.
Better men than you have banned me for less.

#FreeBenHosp

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
88837787-CD40-4521-AB37-78AF326A7790.jpeg
88837787-CD40-4521-AB37-78AF326A7790.jpeg (86.25 KiB) Viewed 5221 times

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
867F127D-EF93-432E-8AF6-A6B402BF4265.jpeg
867F127D-EF93-432E-8AF6-A6B402BF4265.jpeg (50.7 KiB) Viewed 5216 times

Mod Edit [Boffo97]: Rule 11 breaking content removed.
1EFQ: Random Releases

I'll add one more thing. If this becomes more of[…]

Thermokinetic explosion

Then why do we specify unused on outclassed? […]

Klingon Neelix ponderings

I am collecting data at this point. Someone aske[…]

Keep in mind that it doesn't stop anyone itself, m[…]