It all starts at home: local tournaments, local players. Keep track of events in your region, adjacent regions, and around the globe in this forum.

For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
I'm getting married in Vegas on July 17th. The night before is my "bachelor party" and I was given permission to hold a Trek event that evening - because, really, what else would I do?

Event will take place at the Hilton Grand Vacation (where I'm staying). Exact start time subject to change, as well as exact location (probably will just take place in my room, unless I can find an open conference room or restaurant tables or something).

The format is currently listed as a 2E constructed event, but it's likely to be changed to some form of sealed event, as I have at least one player attending with no 2E experience. Tribbles might follow, time permitting. I'll bring a few special prizes along but prize support will not be extensive.

Please note that although all are welcome to attend the tournament, entry into this event does not provide access to the wedding ceremony itself. If you are interested and have not been invited, I am sorry. We have a hard cap on the number of guests and we are at capacity. (That said, for those that can't make it, the ceremony will be live streamed; more information on that later.)

By Honest
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E Australian Continental Champion 2019
My first trip to Vegas I stay at the Hilton Grand resort, in 2005. It was a good place (though a lot of the surrounds have changed now.

I'd like to be there, but the tyranny of distance, and recent pandemics, will prevent that.

I am sure it will be a fantastic night, and a weekend that starts a fine new era for you.

Enjoy Brother!

Honest
 -  
Honest wrote:My first trip to Vegas I stay at the Hilton Grand resort, in 2005. It was a good place (though a lot of the surrounds have changed now.

I'd like to be there, but the tyranny of distance, and recent pandemics, will prevent that.

I am sure it will be a fantastic night, and a weekend that starts a fine new era for you.

Enjoy Brother!

Honest
Thanks man! I've never been there so I'm really looking forward to the whole experience. And don't worry - we'll be taking proper precautions.
 -  
Polling the audience for feedback. I'm likely changing the format as I have at least one player that has never played 2E. Here are my ideas from most to least likely.

1. Beginner Sealed. Players are randomly assigned (or get to choose) one of Lucas's beginner starter decks, then supplement with virtual packs.

2. Infinite Diversity Draft. A little wary here as drafting can take time and we may not have a lot of extra time, but the rounds would likely be shorter.

3. Forget 2E and play 1E Warp Speed. My new player has played that before, though I doubt he remembers.

4. Something else or keep it at constructed.

To those attending, there may be Tribbles. We may do Tribbles first, for friends that want to make an appearance before leaving for Allison's bachelorette party.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
As someone with zero dogs in this fight, go with the Lucas decks. Give the n00b TOS or Klingons (probably the latter) and just go.

Supplementing with packs is optional, but those decks are sit-and-go friendly. My kids picked them up no problem.

Congrats on the wedding, BTW! :cheersL:
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E American National Champion 2023
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
I'm down with any of the options.

For the newbie that would still want to play normal 2E, cadets would probably be the easiest option to play with fyi.

Michael
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
I think beginner sealed would be fine. I’ve had n00bs at IDIC draft before and it did not go well. There was a lot of frustration because they didn’t know the cards to draft them.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
I vote beginner decks and all players other than the n00b must have a drink or 3 before it starts. Maggie gets to drink MVBs allotted "nourishment." :wink:
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E American National Champion 2023
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
LORE wrote:I vote beginner decks and all players other than the n00b must have a drink or 3 before it starts. Maggie gets to drink MVBs allotted "nourishment." :wink:
Hey, I can drink... like milkshakes or something, that counts...

Michael,
who doesn't bring all the boys to the yard
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
LORE wrote:I vote beginner decks and all players other than the n00b must have a drink or 3 before it starts. Maggie gets to drink MVBs allotted "nourishment." :wink:
Bring it on!

By Honest
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E Australian Continental Champion 2019
MVB's milkshake brings all the boys to the yard.

I believe for a new player Lucas's beginner decks with a couple of V decks add is the way to go. Those things can be fun for experienced players also.

I would love to be there, but not this time around.

Have a great weekend, and stay safe all

Honest
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote:I think beginner sealed would be fine. I’ve had n00bs at IDIC draft before and it did not go well. There was a lot of frustration because they didn’t know the cards to draft them.
Heavy leaning this way. Will decide very soon. (Looks like I have some printing to do.)
 -  
I think it's going to look something like this:

I'll print Lucas's eight beginner starters. (I'm not sure how many players I'll have in total, but it's looking like somewhere between 5 and 8.) I'll diplomatically hand them out (less experienced players get first choice). On top of that, I'll throw in a few physical boosters for each player. I have to check what I have available - probably something like "pack of Premiere, pack Strange New Worlds, pack of To Boldly Go."

Still a bit subject to change but that's the current framework.

Is it now that we talk about the dream card forum?[…]

German Nationals 2024 (1E)

Done. Your complete decklist. Can't have your […]

Unser Turnier in Köln gestern war ebenfalls[…]

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]