It all starts at home: local tournaments, local players. Keep track of events in your region, adjacent regions, and around the globe in this forum.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Look Armus, you and I both know it's intellectually dishonest to claim that a poster that says "North American Championship" posted on this forum isn't misleading. You can toe that line to test where it is. That's well-worn path here. You know where the line is: Don't label a tournament here in a way that would be misleading by a reasonable measure. This post is the 3rd from the top in the Organized Play forum. The last one was front and center in another forum. The main content of both was an image which is misleading as to the level of the tournament. Mislabeling a tournament isn't allowed.
Last edited by JeBuS on Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
Armus wrote:Dude. It's a Level 1 event in CC-world. If I have to get permission from the Director of OP to run locals, this is a much bigger issue than I thought it was....
If every tournament was advertised as a championship, yes, you'd need permission from OP. If you're running a local, call it a local.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
JeBuS wrote:
Armus wrote:Dude. It's a Level 1 event in CC-world. If I have to get permission from the Director of OP to run locals, this is a much bigger issue than I thought it was....
If every tournament was advertised as a championship, yes, you'd need permission from OP. If you're running a local, call it a local.
Do I really need to go pull all of the times somebody called a local a "Championship" of one kind or another?

If I did, it would demonstrate fairly clearly that these enforcement mechanisms are... inconsistent, to say the least.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
Armus wrote:
JeBuS wrote:
Do I really need to go pull all of the times somebody called a local a "Championship" of one kind or another?

If I did, it would demonstrate fairly clearly that these enforcement mechanisms are... inconsistent, to say the least.
"The Dallas-Area Youth Group's Impeccable Championship" is not going to be misleading by any reasonable measure. Whereas advertising a North American Championship here is misleading. It pains me to say that if you cannot tell the difference, you may not be using reasonable judgment on the matter.

-- Both Armus and sandy have had their avatars removed for attempting to evade this policy. --
-- The thread has been locked, as it clearly became about evading the policy. --
-- by JeBuS --

Is it now that we talk about the dream card forum?[…]

German Nationals 2024 (1E)

Done. Your complete decklist. Can't have your […]

Unser Turnier in Köln gestern war ebenfalls[…]

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]