It all starts at home: local tournaments, local players. Keep track of events in your region, adjacent regions, and around the globe in this forum.

For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
MINNESOTANS

WE VAXXED

IT TIME

LET'S PLAY

@Hobie @PantsOfTheTalShiar @LORE @Commander Joe @Boratus @CrimsonRavage @Iron Prime @Kerlingonoas

(apparently I'm not allowed to tag anyone else, so can someone please tag @mindmage and anyone else I forgot?)

Format: For our first time back, I figure everyone is most comfortable with something nice and simple: OTF Complete, 3 rounds.

(Maybe later we can try a TNG-Only tourney or something, but OTF Complete is what we've all been missing for a year, right?)

Location: I don't know whether Fantasy Flight Games in Roseville is back in operation. If it is, obviously we can play there. Otherwise, I'll offer JAMES'S SUBTERRANEAN LOUNGE AND CARD ROOM, in West Saint Paul, as a fallback location.

Dates: this is the tricky bit! Please answer this Doodle Poll: https://doodle.com/poll/z4kwn6hxag9vyze ... edium=link

I plan to have an official date on the calendar by this coming Sunday, so we can all start prepping for our return event!

Covid Protocols: I will check with FFG on this, but I presume that we will be required to wear masks until Gov. Walz lifts the mask mandate (which I expect will happen in mid-June). Vaccination is not required to attend this event. (I'm not even sure OP allows vaccine passports or whatever.) There will be no six-foot social distancing rule, since that would make playing pretty impossible (and, again, I'll check with FFG about their current policy on this... but, worst-case scenario, we'll play in my basement).

P.S. I am a 1E player. I am happy to manage the 1E logistics and entry. If someone wants to play 2E / Tribbles before or after the 1E event I am trying to get scheduled, go for it. I am even willing to let 2E / Tribbles continue hanging out in my basement after 1E is over. (But hopefully we'll be at FFG.) But, for right now, I'm scheduling a 1E tournament.

P.P.S. For those of you who are able to travel, you can AND SHOULD get yourselves out to @Hoss-Drone Kevin Jaeger's event on June 5th in South Dakota. That weekend is a blackout date for Twin Cities OP to support hoss and the SD community.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Fyi- I voted for sat the 22nd times. It's the off weekend for our dnd group. 2 weeks from the SD regional, etc and with those things in mind I might be able to make the trip and maybe even drag Mark along. Saturdays work best for me. I can travel Friday after work or early sat morning then head back Sunday easier.

So take it as you will, you can count my vote or throw it out if you want - no worries. :D

*Edit: Mark is definitely in he says.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
I voted as well. I am a unilateral "maybe" although thankfully James' dates do not conflict with my 2 June vacations. So, there is that.
 -  
Community Contributor
Hoss-Drone wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 11:02 am Fyi- I voted for sat the 22nd times. It's the off weekend for our dnd group. 2 weeks from the SD regional, etc and with those things in mind I might be able to make the trip and maybe even drag Mark along. Saturdays work best for me. I can travel Friday after work or early sat morning then head back Sunday easier.

So take it as you will, you can count my vote or throw it out if you want - no worries. :D

Your vote absolutely counts. I want maximum bodies, and you're voting for two right there.

Unfortunately, I just found out that my wife scheduled a thing that day, so do any of the other Saturdays work for you? (The ones late in June?)

If May 22nd ends up being the most popular day with everyone, FAIR ENOUGH, I'm the one who put it on the calendar, so I'll still try to make it happen. I just probably won't be able to be there for very much of it.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 5:47 pm
Hoss-Drone wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 11:02 am Fyi- I voted for sat the 22nd times. It's the off weekend for our dnd group. 2 weeks from the SD regional, etc and with those things in mind I might be able to make the trip and maybe even drag Mark along. Saturdays work best for me. I can travel Friday after work or early sat morning then head back Sunday easier.

Your vote absolutely counts. I want maximum bodies, and you're voting for two right there.

Unfortunately, I just found out that my wife scheduled a thing that day, so do any of the other Saturdays work for you? (The ones late in June?)

If May 22nd ends up being the most popular day with everyone, FAIR ENOUGH, I'm the one who put it on the calendar, so I'll still try to make it happen. I just probably won't be able to be there for very much of it.
Late June works for us afaik.
 -  
Community Contributor
Excellent. Now just gotta get some of those other Tagged Personages to jump in.

I think even @Iron Prime is supposedly back around late June?

By phaserihardlyknowher (Ben Daeuber)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I don't want to vote since I can't promise anything, but if something happens in late June, I might be able to make it down. My daughter's hopefully getting vaccinated soon and if so, we should be free by late June.

Everyone's itching to get out of Fargo at that point, so swinging a trip to the Cities shouldn't be too difficult.
 -  
Community Contributor
It is now officially the weekend, so I was about to declare Sunday June 27th at 11 AM, but I just realized that that might be too late in the weekend for you to make it. Can you do a tourney on Sunday, or does it need to be Saturday to work for you and Mark?

Sunday's better for me, but I'm not travelling six hours, plus I owe you one for missing your June 5th event, so I'll make it Saturday if Saturday is better for you.

In any case, definitely it will be that weekend. It's the one weekend everyone on the Doodle could do, and I got a couple of "soft commits" from other players who didn't answer the Doodle supporting a late-June weekend.

I need to verify the location and then I can get it into the system.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 3:16 am It is now officially the weekend, so I was about to declare Sunday June 27th at 11 AM, but I just realized that that might be too late in the weekend for you to make it. Can you do a tourney on Sunday, or does it need to be Saturday to work for you and Mark?

Sunday's better for me, but I'm not travelling six hours, plus I owe you one for missing your June 5th event, so I'll make it Saturday if Saturday is better for you.

In any case, definitely it will be that weekend. It's the one weekend everyone on the Doodle could do, and I got a couple of "soft commits" from other players who didn't answer the Doodle supporting a late-June weekend.

I need to verify the location and then I can get it into the system.
I will say this: if it's early enough in the day Sunday that we can be back in SF at a reasonable hour it's fine but we DEFINITELY prefer Saturday.

Either way, I'll be planning golf with @LORE Lore and Mr Harrington for around the event :D. So I guess that being said, schedule it for the Sunday and then I plan a full day of golf for Saturday.
 -  
Community Contributor
Event is posted! I can't pre-register myself for some reason, but that's been a problem for weeks and seems to only affect my account. The rest of you should be able to pre-reg!

https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... ntID=11805

By PantsOfTheTalShiar (Jason Tang)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Interesting to read about the FFGC to Gamezenter rebrand. I thought the food was fine before (my standards are not particularly high) but from looking at the menu, it looks like the kitchen is run by someone who has a better idea of what they're doing now. (Menu was way too big before.)

But also the hours are extended, until 6pm Sundays and 11pm other days. Gives us more options for alternative events (e.g. Warp Speed Cube).

By phaserihardlyknowher (Ben Daeuber)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
PantsOfTheTalShiar wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 2:35 am Interesting to read about the FFGC to Gamezenter rebrand.
It's nice to see someone salvaging something from the ashes of Asmodee's purchase of FFG. It's been sad to see FFG wither as more products get canceled or moved to other imprints.

I'm penciling this in, pending getting lodging. The whole family should be vaccinated by that weekend.

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I'm late to the thread but I should be able to make it. :thumbsup:

Unser Turnier in Köln gestern war ebenfalls[…]

Both these ideas have elements that interest me as[…]

Done.

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]