It all starts at home: local tournaments, local players. Keep track of events in your region, adjacent regions, and around the globe in this forum.

For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

By PantsOfTheTalShiar (Jason Tang)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Now that we're playing again, I'm wondering if there's any interest in some Low Effort Trek (TM); i.e. Warp Speed Cube. I'm thinking of a Sunday at 1pm, since that's what works best with my work schedule.

But also, I see that we're having some out-of-town visitors for the tournament on the 27th, so would people be interested in Warp Speed Cubing the night before on the 26th? I can't commit to that fully yet, but if there's interest, I can try to make it happen.

We were able to draft plus play 4 rounds in 3 hours or so. If there's only a couple people, we can do Sealed Deck or Grid Drafting.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
PantsOfTheTalShiar wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:37 pm Now that we're playing again, I'm wondering if there's any interest in some Low Effort Trek (TM); i.e. Warp Speed Cube. I'm thinking of a Sunday at 1pm, since that's what works best with my work schedule.

But also, I see that we're having some out-of-town visitors for the tournament on the 27th, so would people be interested in Warp Speed Cubing the night before on the 26th? I can't commit to that fully yet, but if there's interest, I can try to make it happen.

We were able to draft plus play 4 rounds in 3 hours or so. If there's only a couple people, we can do Sealed Deck or Grid Drafting.
This would be fun, especially if it just an unsanctioned screw around.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
PantsOfTheTalShiar wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:37 pm Now that we're playing again, I'm wondering if there's any interest in some Low Effort Trek (TM); i.e. Warp Speed Cube. I'm thinking of a Sunday at 1pm, since that's what works best with my work schedule.

Saturday evening after a day of Golf sounds like it would be a fun time especially if it is just a non sanctioned screw around.

By phaserihardlyknowher (Ben Daeuber)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
PantsOfTheTalShiar wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:37 pm But also, I see that we're having some out-of-town visitors for the tournament on the 27th, so would people be interested in Warp Speed Cubing the night before on the 26th? I can't commit to that fully yet, but if there's interest, I can try to make it happen.
I'll make it if I can, but I highly doubt I can. The plan for the weekend is still up in the air, but I suspect my family won't be happy with me being scheduled both Saturday and Sunday. That said, who knows? Maybe they'll just want to relax on Saturday and I can get away. I'd certainly like to give draft a shot.

By 9of24 (Jeremy Huth)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
PantsOfTheTalShiar wrote:Now that we're playing again, I'm wondering if there's any interest in some Low Effort Trek (TM); i.e. Warp Speed Cube. I'm thinking of a Sunday at 1pm, since that's what works best with my work schedule.

Sorry for the late reply (didn't check the thread till now), but I would be down for this on Saturday night.
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Jason, let us know if you are cool hosting the Warp Speed Cube Draft Saturday night. If you can, I would certainly be down for it. Probable venue being FFG, and if not either the SD guys' hotel or House Chansteby perhaps? What time is everyone thinking works best?

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
LORE wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:18 am Jason, let us know if you are cool hosting the Warp Speed Cube Draft Saturday night. If you can, I would certainly be down for it. Probable venue being FFG, and if not either the SD guys' hotel or House Chansteby perhaps? What time is everyone thinking works best?
The SD crew is down for whatever location and time assuming we are talking 6pm and after.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hoss-Drone wrote:The SD crew is down for whatever location and time assuming we are talking 6pm and after.
Just curious, how many are in the SD crew this weekend?

Glad to hear folks are interested in some draft! I'm going to be figuring out my weekend plans over the next day or two, so I'll keep you updated.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
PantsOfTheTalShiar wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:46 pm
Hoss-Drone wrote:The SD crew is down for whatever location and time assuming we are talking 6pm and after.
Just curious, how many are in the SD crew this weekend?

Glad to hear folks are interested in some draft! I'm going to be figuring out my weekend plans over the next day or two, so I'll keep you updated.
Mark, z and I are making the trip.
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
I am thinking Saturday night we host a tournament (in name only) at FFG, and I can be the secondary T.D. behind Jason. We can just label it "A Cool Tournament" or something so it stays unrated. If nothing else, this will at least help us keep track of wins / losses for round pairings, or if we want to just do call out matches, we can do that as well. Should be fun!
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
I can't do this draft (it's my daughter's birthday party that afternoon, which will occupy my full day in effect), but it sounds fantastic and I'm glad it's happening.

Jason, will we see you on Sunday (even as a late arrival)? Scheduling at a time that worked for both you and the Dakotans was tricky but I hoped to have struck a good balance.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Okay. How does 6:30pm at Gamezenter (FFG) this Saturday sound? I think that's the best time for people with poor time management skills (i.e. me). I'll get the "tournament" in the system tonight. No entry fee, no ratings, no prizes except for the fun of playing games with each other.

There might be a problem, but it's a good one. The Warp Speed Cube was only designed for 4-6 players. It looks like we may have more than that, so I will prioritize the visitors, followed by players who are not me. We can also have players tag team, i.e. alternate rounds. Or if someone is feeling ambitious, they can sleeve up another copy of the cube (don't remember the exact numbers, but it was 300-400 cards) and we can split into two pods.

I'm at a point in life where I have to limit how much time I spend on card games, so I won't have time to make any major changes to the cube since the last (first) time it was played. But even though there's stuff I want to rework, it was still fun enough to play again as-is.

On a related note, I've budgeted 2 hours for building a deck for Sunday (not completely from scratch, though). Can I do it? We'll find out!

Is it now that we talk about the dream card forum?[…]

German Nationals 2024 (1E)

Done. Your complete decklist. Can't have your […]

Unser Turnier in Köln gestern war ebenfalls[…]

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]