It all starts at home: local tournaments, local players. Keep track of events in your region, adjacent regions, and around the globe in this forum.

Which night(s) work best for Worlds practice?

Monday
6%
Tuesday
11%
Wednesday
6%
Thursday
17%
Friday
22%
Saturday
22%
Sunday
17%
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Frozen Chosen! We closed the books on the MN Regional this weekend, and it is time to turn our attention to the upcoming World Championships in Chicago. Jason, Jeremy and I were talking at different times this weekend, and we felt it would make more sense to have a couple casual get togethers at FFG prior to Worlds over the next couple of months so we can all sharpen our skills before the big dance. No tournaments, no ratings, just getting together to punch eat other in the mouth with our latest creations. The 1E players can play 1E, the 2E players can play 2E, and we can all change decks or cards in decks on the fly with no penalty. Let's iron out the kinks here at home, and bring our A-game to Chicago in a few months.

So, what night(s) work best for everyone?
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
It looks like Thursday is the most popular day so far. Is anyone available to start the WCW throw downs next week at FFG with me?

By PantsOfTheTalShiar (Jason Tang)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
LORE wrote:It looks like Thursday is the most popular day so far. Is anyone available to start the WCW throw downs next week at FFG with me?
I'm up for it assuming I can get a deck built this weekend. 6pm or earlier would be best for me.
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Sorry, guys. My health has not been the best lately so I will have to punt on this until next week. Does next Thursday the 26th work for Steve and Jason? What about Joe, James, Robert, etc?

By Boratus (Steve Nelson)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
LORE wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:10 pm Sorry, guys. My health has not been the best lately so I will have to punt on this until next week. Does next Thursday the 26th work for Steve and Jason? What about Joe, James, Robert, etc?
The 26th works for me anytime past 5pm.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Toooootally missed this thread until just now, which is why I haven't responded. (You do not ever have to hesitate to @ me if you want to be sure I see something important like this.)

I remain my usual night-owl self, so hopefully one or two of you will be staying late for the punching sessions.

This Thursday will not work for me at all.

Next Thursday might.

After that, my Thursdays open up a bit. I should generally be able to arrive by 9:30. Which, I dunno, may be too late anyway. But I could certainly use some practice!
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
BCSWowbagger wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:23 am Toooootally missed this thread until just now, which is why I haven't responded. (You do not ever have to hesitate to @ me if you want to be sure I see something important like this.)

I remain my usual night-owl self, so hopefully one or two of you will be staying late for the punching sessions.

This Thursday will not work for me at all.

Next Thursday might.

After that, my Thursdays open up a bit. I should generally be able to arrive by 9:30. Which, I dunno, may be too late anyway. But I could certainly use some practice!
@BCSWowbagger , @Boratus , @PantsOfTheTalShiar the 3 of us could also do casual games on Lackey, if that fits best in addition to these local gatherings. I know I could play James for sure some evening later than what FFG is probably open on a school night. I just want to make sure those of us that are going to Worlds are prepared. That includes anyone yet to respond like @Commander Joe and @Hobie !
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Boratus wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:42 pm If it's Lackey or in person at FFG I'm in. Just need to know if it's a go and when we start.
I can't seem to catch a break lately, as my laptop is on the fritz and my health is still crappy. I hope someone from MN can go meet with Steve and Jason tonight, and if not I hope you folks will try to get something lined up soon.

I will try to make the next one.

By PantsOfTheTalShiar (Jason Tang)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
LORE wrote:
Boratus wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:42 pm If it's Lackey or in person at FFG I'm in. Just need to know if it's a go and when we start.
I can't seem to catch a break lately, as my laptop is on the fritz and my health is still crappy. I hope someone from MN can go meet with Steve and Jason tonight, and if not I hope you folks will try to get something lined up soon.

I will try to make the next one.
Tonight is a no-go for me. Maybe Sunday or next Thursday.
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Yeah, I am sorry folks - my health just has not improved these past few weeks (in fact going the opposite direction) and I have been relegated to Lackey for Worlds prep. Let me know if you want to get in a game!

By Commander Joe (Joe Kallstrom)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Life has been (and still is) crazy and I just now logged in to find this. I have 2 worlds deck ideas that are not quite ready but have at least 1 similar deck that would provide some practice in the meantime. This Sunday evening would be the soonest I could get on Lackey.
Thermokinetic explosion

It would hit because your total attibutes at the t[…]

1EFQ: Random Releases

I'll add one more thing. If this becomes more of[…]

Klingon Neelix ponderings

I am collecting data at this point. Someone aske[…]

Keep in mind that it doesn't stop anyone itself, m[…]