It all starts at home: local tournaments, local players. Keep track of events in your region, adjacent regions, and around the globe in this forum.

For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Just putting as many adjectives in front of "draft" as possible there!

Tournament info is linked. Jason Tang will bring the Cube, so no need to worry about bringing cards. Post here with questions, comments, whatevers.

Two questions for the MN gang:

(1) Tournament is currently rated. Do we want that, or do we want it unrated? I'm indifferent, as my rating has officially peaked. (Happy to be a ratings pinata for you.)

(2) Tournament is in Peldor Joi season. Do we want to play with Peldor Joi donate-food-for-in-game-advantage or nah? (Seems like we should, in the grand tradition of the New Year's Charity Draft.)

By PantsOfTheTalShiar (Jason Tang)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1) Yeah, I kinda of feel unrated would be most appropriate since not only am I modifying the Warp Speed rules, I haven't completely settled on how I'm doing that. I think this time we'll try 12 or 13 seed slots (mostly likely 12). I also want players to experiment instead of just playing conservatively, and I will be coming up with achievements to try to encourage that.

2) I would prefer to not do the in-game Bend The Rules, since that would skew feedback for the cube. The one thing I would be okay with is if we started off with a 10-card seed limit, and then players could donate canned goods to get up to 2-3 extra seed slots. (i.e. We do exactly what I was planning to do with seed slots anyway, but justify it as a donation bonus.)

I don't really want to deal with canned good logistics so I will delegate that to James or any other willing party. :) Alternatively we could just write a check to Second Harvest Heartland or whomever.

Anyway, looks like I have some homework to do. Hopefully Santa will bring the sleeves I asked for. :)
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
PantsOfTheTalShiar wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:37 pm 1) Yeah, I kinda of feel unrated would be most appropriate since not only am I modifying the Warp Speed rules, I haven't completely settled on how I'm doing that. I think this time we'll try 12 or 13 seed slots (mostly likely 12). I also want players to experiment instead of just playing conservatively, and I will be coming up with achievements to try to encourage that.

2) I would prefer to not do the in-game Bend The Rules, since that would skew feedback for the cube. The one thing I would be okay with is if we started off with a 10-card seed limit, and then players could donate canned goods to get up to 2-3 extra seed slots. (i.e. We do exactly what I was planning to do with seed slots anyway, but justify it as a donation bonus.)

I don't really want to deal with canned good logistics so I will delegate that to James or any other willing party. :) Alternatively we could just write a check to Second Harvest Heartland or whomever.

Anyway, looks like I have some homework to do. Hopefully Santa will bring the sleeves I asked for. :)
For what it is worth as an attendee (read nothing to do with my CC title) I am also in favor of unsactioned play to try and help Jason with feedback on the Cube. We haven't really played it enough for him to nail it down, and I really like that this has become "the thing" we can gravitate to when we want to coax the 2E crew to come play 1E and / or draw in other returning players.

I also can't really commit to the canned goods thing, both logistically and as a result of my lifting weight restriction. But in the charity spirit, I will be making a donation to ISPM as usual this year and would be grateful if anyone else wanted to.

P.S. Jason, I am almost certain I grabbed some older sleeves at Worlds that were laying around as giveaways after the final day of action. They are yours if you need them.
 -  
Community Contributor
Okeedoke! Tournament is now "Public Playtesting," which is (as far as I am aware) unrated.

And we will forego the Bend The Rules element, and I would be JUST FINE not having to handle any non-perishables if everyone else would rather just bring cash or check.
 -  
Community Contributor
So it turns out they aren't joking about Omicron and immune evasion! My wife tested positive for covid this morning. Under the latest CDC guidelines, I am required to isolate until the end of the day on January 2nd. Pretty sure I'm getting a sore throat myself now, so probably more like January 5th before I actually get to emerge.

I am not a covid alarmist at this point in the pandemic, I think we're all going to get it eventually... but I am not so jaded that I'm going to show up at a tournament while likely infectious.

Two options:

(1) Reschedule tournament for January 16th. (Joe is busy the 9th.)

If that works for everyone, I would love that, because I really want to play Warp Speed Cube Draft and Fate keeps preventing me from doing so.

(2) Y'all hold the tournament without me, Jason becomes primary T.D., and you all have a wonderful time while I salve my sorrow by signing up for an online event or something.

So, question to the pre-registered: Could you attend a rescheduled January 16th tourney?

@Commander Joe @LORE @PantsOfTheTalShiar @Hobie @Boratus

If you all say "yes, that works for me" by Friday, I'll reschedule. But I won't reschedule if it means somebody else misses the event -- that would make no sense.

P.S. DANG I have having an awful week. "Our house catches covid (again)" is only the fourth-worst thing to happen this week! Thank goodness Christmas was in the middle there or I'd be deeply depressed right about now.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Due to the rescheduling, I would be happy to flag this event as Peldor Joi, even if it ends up being outside the original window of time.
 -  
Community Contributor
That's everyone. I'm rescheduling. Thanks, all, for your flexibility and quick responses!

(@Maggie: please do mark it Peldor Joi, if that's alright. We won't play Bend The Rules but we will do some charity stuff.)

I DID come down with it today. Hopefully over soon.

Is it now that we talk about the dream card forum?[…]

German Nationals 2024 (1E)

Done. Your complete decklist. Can't have your […]

Unser Turnier in Köln gestern war ebenfalls[…]

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]