It all starts at home: local tournaments, local players. Keep track of events in your region, adjacent regions, and around the globe in this forum.
  • 105 posts

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
just a bunch of pms i received during my time here:
translated by google
You must have been kicking ass because I still have more friends here than you :) . If I had gone through the permaban action, which I'm too soft on, you'd be out of here forever.
So was the apology actually meant seriously :) ? That makes me happy. Then unlock me again on skype, everything is fine again. I have admittedly very strong narcissistic tendencies. Covert narcissists work differently. They are extremely vulnerable. And the stupid alcohol didn't make it any better, when I cross a mirror I can be very nasty and inedible indeed. Jut. Peace. I also find it better than war, which costs me energy that I no longer have. VG, Seppel
there are also varios fuck off messages which im not crawling up
Last edited by Ensign Q on Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
stressedoutatumc wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:11 pm stuff
people will welcome you as long as you play on the casual ranks. once you challenge the "elite", war is upon you

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Given that now Ensign Q is posting (defending?) about the particulars, I feel this conversation has split two-ways. One conversation is about Ensign Q's banning (is it justified?). The other is about the way it is being handled (is this an acceptable way to ban someone?). If mods would like to split the threads, perhaps that makes things easier?

Anyway, "process" is something I'm more interested in, as I neither play in Europe nor do I know Ensign Q, so my response is going to be along the lines of the second conversation - since the way in which the community is affected is more meaningful to me. And since, up until the point of LORE's post, has been all this thread's really been about.
LORE wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:32 am As a point of clarification, is anyone in this thread defending Ensign Q's actions or just vilifying us for our response?
Up until your post, how could anyone possibly have been defending Ensign Q's actions, when you and your colleagues had refused to actually name what those actions were? Even if someone wanted to defend Ensign Q's actions, it would have been impossible without even knowing what those actions are.

I think you need to take a step back. Look at the messaging up until your post. Replace the name "Ensign Q" with any other name, in your head, if necessary, so you can be more level-headed about it. Is this really the manner in which you want your organization to handle something as serious as globally banning a player for nearly a year?

-If you're going to ban someone like that, you need to have serious reasons. Like, serious as fuck. I think your predecessor got caught cheating for the World Championship once, but I don't think his punishment was as severe - so it's got to be something worse than that, no? To my mind, I don't think your organization *ever* issued a punishment this severe, for anything. Has it?

-If you're going to ban someone like that, you need to *explain* your reasons. You can't just handwave it away with something like "There were behaviors, so he's banned. There were chats with his opponent, so he was banned." That's what Clerasil did, multiple times.

-If you're going to ban someone like that, it's got to come from the top. I get that maybe you thought it was best if Jules (who I assume is Clerasil) communicates the message personally to Ensign Q, since apparently they both know one another and speak German. But Jules' post here wasn't a message for Ensign Q - it was a message to us. This isn't a German board and this was a message for the community, not a one-on-one relationship. This message, given its wider jurisdiction and its seriousness, needed to come to us from you.

I don't think it was unreasonable to ask - multiple times - for the reasons behind the call for a global ban (especially since the last call for a ban was understandably and rightfully locked and thrown away - see my post above).

I also don't think it's reasonable when, after asking multiple times for some kind of explanation, the response not only isn't an explanation, but is in fact a paranoid, baseless accusation that somehow I'm the one being banned.

It certainly gives the feeling that the person making the call here is behaving in the manner befitting a paranoid, raving lunatic. And it certainly doesn't instill confidence that the reasoning behind the ban - whatever it may be - is reasonable, objective, and sensible. Especially when that reasoning is being kept secret.

Like, holy shit, do you not see how absolutely bonkers that is?

tl;dr: Ensign Q often behaves immaturely, perhaps even as a troll. But your department's response has been equally abysmal. Clerasil's behavior has not only been unprofessional, I'd argue it borders on trolling as well (given his position).
Finally, I must stress that we did not take this action lightly and since we have weak jurisdiction here, T.D.'s may ignore it as they see fit.
So, it sounds like this isn't so much a "Global ban" as a "Blessing for T.D.s to deny Ensign Q the ability to participate in their own tournaments if they desire." Would that be more accurate?

Certainly that seems more reasonable. I'm surprised T.D.'s can't make those calls unilaterally already. As Armus said, you can deny someone entry into your home or store as you see fit.

Perhaps that power should be enshrined in the OPG. Or if your objective is to prevent T.D.s from making those decisions, perhaps the OPG should be amended to reflect that (with the provision for your organization to add exemptions for specific players, when seen fit, if necessary).

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
sadly i cant find my goodbye topic from early 2020 or 2019 where i first left the forums and reasoned me feelings about the community. it seems deleted.

i had to quit the game a couple of times, because it was too taxing on my own mental health to deal with the massive harassement here.

they were just looking for an excuse to ban me.

and yeah, i start fights when i get cornered. place has given me no chance to react otherwise. its mob mentality par excellence

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Well... I am not on trial here. I do not comment on EnsignQ's so called "evidence". As usual he is ripping messages out of content and is presenting them selectively.

I am willing to get a sanction which is appropriate. I am even not playing on that low level in revealing what he wrote.

I won't comment any further on his futile attempts to somehow justify his behaviour since he took away my illness by wishing me death :) . That was even the most ridiculous part in his line of defense.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
sometimes you have to play borders to trick the psyche my friend.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attack_therapy
have you ever asked yourself how does it feel, when youre friend is killing himself in front of you?

how come you played dozens of games with me, when im so horrible?

pulling stuff out of context is the base for this whole theatre btw
Last edited by Ensign Q on Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
they were just looking for an excuse to ban me.
Sigh... Poor little you... Victim of a conspiracy... You simply do not get, that you brought all this on yourself. It is simply a waste of energy.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
DISCO Rox No More wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:00 pm *snip*
On the other hand, if I ever did something bad enough that it warranted Organized Play banning me from organized play for 10 and a half months, I think I would prefer to be able to present my own side of the argument rather than having OP drag my name through the mud. I do think OP needs a very compelling reason to ban somebody from organized player; I don't think those reasons should necessarily be made public, at least not without the player involved being the one to initiate it.

More to the point, I think if OP had made their reasons public, people would complain about them violating Ensign Q's privacy. So they were darned if they did and darned if they didn't.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
GooeyChewie wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:24 pm
DISCO Rox No More wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:00 pm *snip*
On the other hand, if I ever did something bad enough that it warranted Organized Play banning me from organized play for 10 and a half months, I think I would prefer to be able to present my own side of the argument rather than having OP drag my name through the mud. I do think OP needs a very compelling reason to ban somebody from organized player; I don't think those reasons should necessarily be made public, at least not without the player involved being the one to initiate it.

More to the point, I think if OP had made their reasons public, people would complain about them violating Ensign Q's privacy. So they were darned if they did and darned if they didn't.
i leaked the message i got earlier.
i asked for evidence
there was none

it has shown mulitple times, the board will blindly follow the advice of a board member. so im not surprised about the outcome
i dont care too much about the ban, i just wanted to play armus release.
but some transparency doesnt hurt here

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
GooeyChewie wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:24 pm On the other hand, if I ever did something bad enough that it warranted Organized Play banning me from organized play for 10 and a half months, I think I would prefer to be able to present my own side of the argument rather than having OP drag my name through the mud.
Sorry, but the original post was presented as a statement, not an investigation, or argument, or claim. At that point (had you been the one being banned), it would have been too late for you to present "your side" of the argument, because apparently the decision had already been made.

Think of the ban as a "sentence." The trial is already over. At that point, if a sentence is being handed out, it has to be associated with a specific crime.

Do you really want to be part of a community where someone can be sentenced for unspecified crimes?
I do think OP needs a very compelling reason to ban somebody from organized player; I don't think those reasons should necessarily be made public, at least not without the player involved being the one to initiate it.
I guess I disagree; if you're going to ask someone to ban someone, you need to explain why.

Clerasil was asking each and every TD, worldwide, to ban Ensign Q. If I were a TD, I would want to know why you want me to ban someone from my events before I go ahead and do it.
What privacy? I would presume that if a player was being banned, it was based on actions that were made publicly (i.e., in a tournament).

If it was based on actions that were being made privately (i.e., sending harassing, racist messages to a player outside of a tournament), then wouldn't the fact that there was an outside, affected party (i.e., the target of harassment) make any claim to "privacy" defunct? And even if not, can't there be some amount of specificity without violation of privacy (i.e., "X player was reported and verified to have sent racist, harassing messages to other players"?)
Last edited by DISCO Rox No More on Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
have you ever asked yourself how does it feel, when youre friend is killing himself in front of you?
Thank you, my friend, that I failed to interpret your insults and death wish as genuine concern and effort to help me in regards of an illness which does not have 98% chance to be survived... :) You are a hero.

But do not try to take this to the sideline. Your behaviour as a whole made sanctions necessary fmpov.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
i was banned because julius didnt want me at world or kaiserfest.
thats all

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
i was banned because julius didnt want me at world or kaiserfest.
thats all
You were banned cause of your actions. Nothing else. Stop posing as a martyr.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Architect
DISCO Rox No More wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:35 pm Sorry, but the original post was presented as a statement, not an investigation, or argument, or claim. At that point (had you been the one being banned), it would have been too late for you to present "your side" of the argument, because apparently the decision had already been made.
I'm not talking about presenting "your side" in an effort to overturn the ban. I'm talking about choosing whether or not you want the specifics of what led to your ban to be public knowledge.
DISCO Rox No More wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:35 pm Think of the ban as a "sentence." The trial is already over. At that point, if a sentence is being handed out, it has to be associated with a specific crime.
Sure, but that specific crime doesn't have to be announced to the whole world.
DISCO Rox No More wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:35 pmDo you really want to be part of a community where someone can be sentenced for unspecified crimes?
I would want those crimes to be specified to me, not to the whole world.
DISCO Rox No More wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:35 pm I guess I disagree; if you're going to ask someone to ban someone, you need to explain why.
You need to explain why to the person who is being banned, and let them decide if the rest of the world gets to know why.
DISCO Rox No More wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:35 pm Clerasil was asking each and every TD, worldwide, to ban Ensign Q. If I were a TD, I would want to know why you want me to ban someone from my events before I go ahead and do it.
OP has asked every TD, worldwide, to ban Ensign Q from sanctioned events. Having Ensign Q involved doesn't mean you can't have your event; it means OP isn't sanctioning your event.
DISCO Rox No More wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:35 pm What privacy? I would presume that if a player was being banned, it was based on actions that were made publicly (i.e., in a tournament).
Ensign Q's privacy. By your own admission, it's an assumption that what Ensign Q did was public. Even if the actions were taken publicly, that doesn't mean everybody who hears about the sanction will know about those actions. I certainly didn't know anything about them.
DISCO Rox No More wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:35 pm If it was based on actions that were being made privately (i.e., sending harassing, racist messages to a player outside of a tournament), then wouldn't the fact that there was an outside, affected party (i.e., the target of harassment) make any claim to "privacy" defunct? And even if not, can't there be some amount of specificity without violation of privacy (i.e., "X player was reported and verified to have sent racist, harassing messages to other players"?)
No, a person does not give up their right to privacy just because they did something inappropriate. I would consider even "X player was reported and verified to have sent racist, harassing messages to other players" a violation of privacy.

By DarkSabre (Austin Chandler)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Just going on record as supporting this decision. I have been the target of Ensign Q’s toxicity and I had been forced to essentially not play in any online tournaments. There are many people who have had toxic experiences with him. If his name had been John Corbett he would have been banned ages ago.
Thermokinetic explosion

It would hit because your total attibutes at the t[…]

1EFQ: Random Releases

I'll add one more thing. If this becomes more of[…]

Klingon Neelix ponderings

I am collecting data at this point. Someone aske[…]

Keep in mind that it doesn't stop anyone itself, m[…]