It all starts at home: local tournaments, local players. Keep track of events in your region, adjacent regions, and around the globe in this forum.
  • 105 posts
European OP Coordinator
 - European OP Coordinator
 -  
It is my duty to inform each and everyone of you out there, that

Ensign Q

is banned from ALL TrekCC OP events until the end of 2022. This includes local events (registered on TrekCC), high level events, and online events.

It is a pity, that this step is necessary, but it is as it is. None of the CC members like to do something like this, we all hope, this won't be necessary to do again soon.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
If you're going to ban a player (from an admittedly already very small player pool), you should explain what sort of infraction necessitated such an action.

Secret courts are not good for society.
European OP Coordinator
 -  
Ensign Q received messages where all the reasons have been explained...

And as I told Ensign Q, this posting of mine is simply there for information, the decision is final.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
It seems wrong to ask a community to implicitly participate in the exile or exclusion of an individual, without at the very minimum explaining what the reasoning behind that exile or exclusion is.
European OP Coordinator
 -  
Very minimum it is...

his behaviour all over the place, including tournaments and chatting with participants before and after the games.

That's the minimum, there's more - again, Ensign Q knows about this

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
By what Authority are you issuing such a ban?

I just went and checked the OPG. There are penalties for misconduct up to and including disqualification from a specific event that can be issued at the discretion of the tournament director. But nothing indicates that any penalties prevent participation in future events.

I also checked the bylaws. From what I can tell, the only authority to remove anyone from anything involves revocation of membership standing, which prohibits the member from posting on the public forums, and even then it requires a unanimous vote by the board to effect such an action.

So again I ask: By what authority are you directing this ban?

Also, the fact that I heard rumblings of this action several days ago and it's only getting announced publicly now, the day AFTER the PoR vote closed, is REALLY not a good look.

@LORE where do you stand on this?

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Clerasil ToB wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:46 pm Very minimum it is...

his behaviour all over the place, including tournaments and chatting with participants before and after the games.
To be clear: Your reason for exiling Ensign Q is "his behavior all over the place, including tournaments and chatting with participants before and after the games." Correct?

Unless you are going to be more specific, I'm fairly certain that most of us are guilty of some kind of behavior in multiple places. And nearly anyone chats with participants before and after games.

Should we all be worried?
That's the minimum, there's more - again, Ensign Q knows about this
Yeah, but Ensign Q isn't the one asking us to exclude someone from tournaments. You are. So the onus is on you to explain why, not him.

A) What did he do to deserve being banned?

B) Do you have the authority to unilaterally ban someone from all tournaments, everywhere?

C) Why are you sending me private messages, much less in German? (Spoilers: I don't speak German).

This smells a whole lot like this locked thread: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=45451
European OP Coordinator
 -  
Takket wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:00 am Is he banned from posting here as well, or just the tournaments?
As I've written, the OP tournaments.
European OP Coordinator
 -  
DISCO Rox No More wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:07 am
Clerasil ToB wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:46 pm Very minimum it is...

To be clear: Your reason for exiling Ensign Q is "his behavior all over the place, including tournaments and chatting with participants before and after the games." Correct?

Unless you are going to be more specific, I'm fairly certain that most of us are guilty of some kind of behavior in multiple places. And nearly anyone chats with participants before and after games.

Should we all be worried?
Chatting with HIS BEHAVIOUR before and after the games... oh man :shifty:
European OP Coordinator
 -  
DISCO Rox No More wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:07 am

Yeah, but Ensign Q isn't the one asking us to exclude someone from tournaments. You are. So the onus is on you to explain why, not him.

A) What did he do to deserve being banned?

B) Do you have the authority to unilaterally ban someone from all tournaments, everywhere?

C) Why are you sending me private messages, much less in German? (Spoilers: I don't speak German).

This smells a whole lot like this locked thread: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=45451
I'm not asking, I give you the information here

A)
Again, Ensign Q knows the particular reasons, he could post them here if he wishes to.

B)
Yes

C)
It has been ONE message, not messageS, because I'm quite sure that you're also Ensign Q...

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
I can assure you that *I'm* not Ensign Q.

Do I get a response to my questions?

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
because I'm quite sure that you're also Ensign Q...
I’m glad you said this because I had that feeling for a while.

but I’m not really part of this situation so I’m backing back out of it.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Clerasil ToB wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:36 am A)
Again, Ensign Q knows the particular reasons, he could post them here if he wishes to.
Again, Ensign Q isn't asking us to exclude him from tournaments. The onus is on you.
B)
Yes
How does that work?

Your subtitle on my screen says "European OP coordinator." How does that give you jurisdiction over other regions (such as America) or online play? Shouldn't that be in the purview of the Director of Organized Play? The CC website says that's Kris Sonsteby.

Furthermore, I too checked the Organized Play Guide, and can confirm Armus's findings that there is no provision for banning a player for a length of time for any events - only for banning a player from a specific event for which he has violated rules.

So even if it was only in your jurisdiction, what gives you the authority to ban a player for 11 months? Certainly the Organized Play Guide doesn't. Is there another set of guidelines we should be checking?
C)
It has been ONE message, not messageS, because I'm quite sure that you're also Ensign Q...
Ok, well now I know you're not level-headed enough to be making these kind of ban decisions (even if you did have the authority and power), because I know for a fact that I'm not Ensign Q.

So I know for a fact that if you're "quite sure" of something, then you're "quite sure" without any evidence whatsoever (since there can't possibly be evidence that I am someone else, since I'm not someone else).

And if you can be "quite sure" of something without having any evidence, now I'm really curious as to what your reasoning for banning Ensign Q could possibly be, given how low your threshold for drawing conclusions apparently is.
European OP Coordinator
 -  
The thing with the PoR has been my fault, not intended in any way to change the vote - please blame me on that.

Done.

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]

Thermokinetic explosion

It would hit because your total attibutes at the t[…]

1EFQ: Random Releases

I'll add one more thing. If this becomes more of[…]