It all starts at home: local tournaments, local players. Keep track of events in your region, adjacent regions, and around the globe in this forum.
  • 105 posts

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
DarkSabre wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:54 pm Just going on record as supporting this decision. I have been the target of Ensign Q’s toxicity and I had been forced to essentially not play in any online tournaments. There are many people who have had toxic experiences with him. If his name had been John Corbett he would have been banned ages ago.
huh? i have 2 tournament records in my pms
cage in jul 19 and tnz release in april20
only scheduling.
i dont even remember you

out of curiosity i looked up the tournament reports.
in tnz you beat me with dominion.
i remember now we both were laughing how silly we were to skip our first turns.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Seems that you made quite an impression :) . You simply do not realize how you insult, repulse and annoy. Either that or you simply do not care, which I think is the case.

Well, you try to drag me into mud to save your neck. You left out that I always told you: Please reform. You are a good player and your input is valuable. But please question yourself. Never happened.

And if you think that Austria, I or Julius or whoever is pulling the strings here to get rid of you, which is obviously your favourite fairy tale, read LORE's statement again.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Hey here's a thought.

Whatever you think of him or his past actions or comments, John Corbett is not involved with anything going on in this thread.

So how about we not drag him through the mud when a) this isn't a Corbett issue and b) he's not able to defend himself.

Whatever this whole thing is, that part isn't cool.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Caretaker's Guest wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:18 pm

And if you think that Austria, I or Julius or whoever is pulling the strings here to get rid of you, which is obviously your favourite fairy tale, read LORE's statement again.
You must have been kicking ass because I still have more friends here than you :) . If I had gone through the permaban action, which I'm too soft on, you'd be out of here forever.
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=45451

for someone who got so annoyed of me, you played A LOT of games with me

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Again a futile attempt of diversion. Feel free to open up a new thread where you summarize all my quotes. This is off-topic here. As I said, I am not on your low level. I will not quote here what you wrote.

I was annoyed. But I have a very high self-restraint and self-control. And as I stated to all parties, even those who you insulted the most back then, it is productive, he is a good player, give him a chance.

But again: What you are doing here is a standard tactic. Trying to pose as a victim and then trying to frame someone else.

This post is reserved for you, not me. Feel free to create one for me :) .

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
youre right, im the victim here and the mob is on me. no way to defend myself.
sure i made mistakes, but who doesnt?

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
GooeyChewie wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:50 pm
DISCO Rox No More wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:35 pm Think of the ban as a "sentence." The trial is already over. At that point, if a sentence is being handed out, it has to be associated with a specific crime.
Sure, but that specific crime doesn't have to be announced to the whole world.
What? Absolutely it has to be public information (and generally is).

That's the only way that the public can feel secure that the justice system is fair and unbiased.
DISCO Rox No More wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:35 pm
I guess I disagree; if you're going to ask someone to ban someone, you need to explain why.
You need to explain why to the person who is being banned, and let them decide if the rest of the world gets to know why.
Was Ensign Q asked (before the announcement was made, and in a timely manner) whether or not he wanted the reasons to be made public?

I have no idea, but if I had to guess, I'd err on the side of "No," given both Clerasil's wildly inappropriate behavior and the fact that Ensign Q is talking about it quite a bit and seems to be of the impression that the ban is baseless.
DISCO Rox No More wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:35 pm Clerasil was asking each and every TD, worldwide, to ban Ensign Q. If I were a TD, I would want to know why you want me to ban someone from my events before I go ahead and do it.
OP has asked every TD, worldwide, to ban Ensign Q from sanctioned events. Having Ensign Q involved doesn't mean you can't have your event; it means OP isn't sanctioning your event.
You're making a distinction without a difference.

"If you want your event to be sanctioned, you have to exclude this specific player, but we're not going to tell you why you have to exclude them" is not acceptable.
DISCO Rox No More wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:35 pm By your own admission, it's an assumption that what Ensign Q did was public.
If what Ensign Q did was in public, then there's no "right to privacy," because the actions were knowingly made in public and were, by definition, never private. If what Ensign Q did wasn't in public, then I'm not sure that OP has any right to take actions.

OP's jurisdiction is their events, not what happens between players, in private, outside of events. I guess you could make the argument that OP should step in for certain private exceptions for the sake of protecting the community (i.e., players being harassed in private), but at that point the harassee would have stepped forward, so the events would no longer be private.
Even if the actions were taken publicly, that doesn't mean everybody who hears about the sanction will know about those actions. I certainly didn't know anything about them.
Public doesn't mean "everyone knows about them." Public means "There's a way for anyone to find out about them" or "The action was taken in the view of others, or in a situation where privacy was not a de facto expectation." If I go outside on the street and yell something nasty out loud, you won't know about it because you live in a different part of the world. But my action was still public, because I had no right to expect what I do in the street is to be kept private and not talked about by witnesses.

Incidentally, looking at all the other petty replies here, I would say there are at least 4 people here behaving toxically or like a troll, and Ensign Q is only one of them.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Ensign Q wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:43 pm youre right, im the victim here and the mob is on me. no way to defend myself.
You were given an official warning about your tournament behavior in March of 2021. You were then issued a tournament penalty in April of 2021. You then "quit the game" only to resurface a few months later and continued the behavior, which has been actively monitored by both the Organized Play team and the larger Player's Committee since you came back. I personally also know of 1/2 dozen people that either reached out to you or spoke to you about it, in some instances multiple times since then, and your behavior has still not changed.

Please stop pretending you are the victim here. You forced our hand.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Ensign Q wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:43 pm youre right, im the victim here and the mob is on me. no way to defend myself.
Serious question: have you reached out to anyone who's claimed that you've wronged them to discuss the issue? Maybe apologize for hurting their feelings even if you didn't mean to?

I know it's not always easy to admit when you're wrong, or if you've caused offense, but I've found that a little [SD] Diplomacy can go a long way.

You and I have had several conversations during which you were perfectly civil and reasonable, and the one time we played each other in a tournament game I had zero issue with any of your behavior.

If you want to play in tournaments, then I'd suggest starting with trying to mend fences. It may take a little time, as there's clearly some raw feelings right now, but I would hope that the department of OP would be open to revisiting this decision if you show that you're sincere about wanting to be part of the community and not an antagonist (intentional or not, you've clearly rubbed more than a few people the wrong way).

And if you don't think that's worth your time or effort, that's OK too. You have a right to be you, regardless of others' opinions - but you have to accept that that choice also comes with consequences.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
nobody told me yet who accused me of anything

all i know, seb suddenly jumped on me and julius had an issue ever since

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Ensign Q wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:05 pm nobody told me yet who accused me of anything
Would you like the specific reasons for your ban (and/or potentially any supporting evidence) to be made public here?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
If what Ensign Q did was in public, then there's no "right to privacy,"
You seem to have failed to notice that EnsignQ just quoted private PMs. He again claims a right which he deliberately violates.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Caretaker's Guest wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:12 pm You seem to have failed to notice that EnsignQ just quoted private PMs. He again claims a right which he deliberately violates.
You seem to have failed to notice that Ensign Q never claimed a right to privacy.

"Right to privacy" was just the lame excuse given by others to justify not justifying the ban.

EDIT: At least, he certainly never claimed a right to privacy here, in public. I have no idea if he claimed it privately.

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I'd put forth to the mods that this thread may have run it's course. Just my opinion. But it seems to be accomplishing little other than giving the banned player and his "compatriots" a forum to brew toxicity. Equally so, it's probably not useful to give a forum for people to continue to take shots at the banned. Neither, for what it's worth, is useful unless the decision has the possibility to be reversed or length truncated. I think those things can probably be done through PM's.

Not trying to tell anyone how to do their jobs, just wanted to throw out my :twocents:

Is it now that we talk about the dream card forum?[…]

German Nationals 2024 (1E)

Done. Your complete decklist. Can't have your […]

Unser Turnier in Köln gestern war ebenfalls[…]

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]