It all starts at home: local tournaments, local players. Keep track of events in your region, adjacent regions, and around the globe in this forum.

For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

• 231 posts

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Boratus wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:10 pm Parking is going to be crowded here with a Lord of the Rings card tournament here.
That's still a thing?! :shock:

I haven't played LOTR in 20 years!

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Armus wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:01 pm
Boratus wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:10 pm Parking is going to be crowded here with a Lord of the Rings card tournament here.
That's still a thing?! :shock:

I haven't played LOTR in 20 years!
There's a new one that our own Caleb Grace is on design for with FFG. It's become a big deal in MN area I'm told.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Thank you, @BCSWowbagger and @Hoss-Drone for the practice games yesterday. Certainly lots to think about and possibly change before the big dance next weekend! :cheersL:
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Congrats to our local crusty ol' vets Kris and Steve on winning the league gigs yesterday, which puts a wrap on the 1st half of league season. Joe, you are doing a fantastic job running things! :cheersL:

Stay tuned for the 2nd half, which will kick start with the return of the Charity Draft!
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Greetings, 'trek fans!

The COVID-delayed 14th installment of the New Year's Charity Draft is slated as our next T2E Tough Enough League event, going down on NYE this year. I hope to see many of you over at Fantasy Flight Games Gamezenter on Saturday 12/31/22 for our annual charitable giving shindig. If you think you can make it, please pre-register below:

https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/?mode ... ntID=12307

By Commander Joe (Joe Kallstrom)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
LORE wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:04 am Greetings, 'trek fans!

The COVID-delayed 14th installment of the New Year's Charity Draft is slated as our next T2E Tough Enough League event, going down on NYE this year. I hope to see many of you over at Fantasy Flight Games Gamezenter on Saturday 12/31/22 for our annual charitable giving shindig. If you think you can make it, please pre-register below:

https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/?mode ... ntID=12307
5 days left and only 5 people are registered?!
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Lillian "The Asian Sensation" will be there as will the Tang-ster. Not sure who else, but I have plenty of stuff for an up to 10-person gig. Hopefully, some of our ol' vets come out of the woodwork for this gig. :cross:

By Commander Joe (Joe Kallstrom)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
For the first pick your poison pairing, I challenge Lillian "The Asian Sensation" 8) !!!

Would this be a new player friendly event for a 2e virgin? I've got a guy that has a few 1e games under his belt and may be down.

By flrazor (Jeremy Benedict)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Commander Joe wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:25 pm Would this be a new player friendly event for a 2e virgin? I've got a guy that has a few 1e games under his belt and may be down.
Usually sealed like this is a great way to try out the game. We might have some gently bent rules (anyone can report regardless of HQ) but the game's the same and we're glad to go over the gameplay. If they've been playing 1E already it's probably even easier to pick up.
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
@Hobie you gotta post your deck list from the 1E event yesterday. I have told some folks of the craziness you came up with, but they gotta see it for themselves. Who stocks Dead in Bed in high quantities? WHO? That's not real! That's not a real thing that happened in a tournament!

My hat is off to you, my friend, for your inspired deck designs! :cheersL:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
LORE wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:39 pm @Hobie you gotta post your deck list from the 1E event yesterday. I have told some folks of the craziness you came up with, but they gotta see it for themselves. Who stocks Dead in Bed in high quantities? WHO? That's not real! That's not a real thing that happened in a tournament!

My hat is off to you, my friend, for your inspired deck designs! :cheersL:
Was he playing attack of the Killer Whale Probe?

I think that's something I pondered in the lab at one point, but it never got any further than the drawing board.

That somebody made it a real thing is amazing, and definitely a deck list I'd be interested in seeing!
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
I'm also interested in his deck. I've considered that approach in the past, too, for something whacky. But never really got any further than Whale + DiB.
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Hobie wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:47 am Sorry for the delay, deck is posted 😃. The Whale Probe + Dead In Bed spam is actually fun and effective.

One change I would make is adding a third copy of Whale Probe to the Dyson Sphere and more copies of Disrupted Continuum to the draw deck to ensure it hits. Can always then swap a Whale Probe in or out if needed.
Cool deck, you mad genius you.

My favorite moment of Saturday was when you asked me "are you gonna be mad if I do something?" right before you captured my 6-man away team at Escape Gulag with Commander Uhura. Never, dude! The gloves are always off in a Frozen Chosen event because we will all still be friends afterwards. :cheersL:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Disrupted Continuum is probably the single most "player's card" in the entire game. I love that thing!

And Commander Uhura capture to boot?! That's a Nerd bucket list item for me!

Well done, sir! :cheersL:
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation