It all starts at home: local tournaments, local players. Keep track of events in your region, adjacent regions, and around the globe in this forum.

For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

• 231 posts
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Commander Joe wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:13 am Sorry for the inactivity lately. Added an event for April 23rd.

1E event
https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/?mode ... ntID=12482
Dang, I missed this earlier. Joe, can you add a Tribbles gig behind your 1E gig? If so, that will close out the entire league season as we seem to presently be one event short even after adding these two as league events. :?

By Commander Joe (Joe Kallstrom)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
LORE wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:40 pm
Commander Joe wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:13 am Sorry for the inactivity lately. Added an event for April 23rd.

1E event
https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/?mode ... ntID=12482
Dang, I missed this earlier. Joe, can you add a Tribbles gig behind your 1E gig? If so, that will close out the entire league season as we seem to presently be one event short even after adding these two as league events. :?
Sure, I'll get on that tomorrow.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
karonofborg13 wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:21 pm I’m signed up. I pulled my cards out of both the cabinet and the storage tub parked in the under the stairs closet and began sorting card types. I’ve got lots of prints to cut and work ahead of me, but, damn, the nostalgia is strong. Benny and I will be there. I will do my best to catch up on any/all errata and bannings/unbannings since we last played (late Summer or early Fall of ‘22 or ‘21…?!?!)
All errata since 2021: https://www.trekcc.org/1e/index.php?mode=errata

(suggestion: at the top, where it says "No-Impact Errata", click "Hide". There was a TON of errata in Motion Pictures Remastered, but it was mostly just typos and named-in-lore fixes, and you really don't need to read through it. In fact, I'd probably just search for "major" and "moderate" errata.)

Major rule changes since September 2021: https://www.trekcc.org/1e/ruleChanges.p ... ailLevel=0

All active rule changes since September 2021: https://www.trekcc.org/1e/ruleChanges.p ... ailLevel=1

I wrote these tools very much with you in mind!

NEW BANS (since Sept. 2021):
Double Dumbass On You
Smoke Bomb
Temporal Narcosis
The Final Frontier
The Ultimate User

UNBANNED:
Quite a Coincidence
Amanda Rogers: Protector
Dixon Hill (!)
Excalbian Surak

I'm probably just gonna grab one of my decks off the shelf, but I won't bring my Q-Flash Borg deck. :P

Can't wait to have you -- and Brian!

By PantsOfTheTalShiar (Jason Tang)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:17 pmLast time I was there (for their new playground in the basement), it seemed to me that they've drastically cut down on the number of the tables in the atrium, or I'd say we go for it. As it is, I'm sincerely unsure we'd have any space to play. I might send a scouting expedition to Woodbury this weekend (i.e. my daughters to that playground).
Any report from the scouting team?
 -  
Community Contributor
PantsOfTheTalShiar wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:28 pm
BCSWowbagger wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:17 pmLast time I was there (for their new playground in the basement), it seemed to me that they've drastically cut down on the number of the tables in the atrium, or I'd say we go for it. As it is, I'm sincerely unsure we'd have any space to play. I might send a scouting expedition to Woodbury this weekend (i.e. my daughters to that playground).
Any report from the scouting team?
Yes. They, unfortunately, agree with me: there's no space to play at The Jungle anymore unless you get a room.

However, fortunately, I have talked to the landlord (my wife) and am pleased to announce that JAMES'S SUBTERRANEAN LOUNGE AND CARD ROOM is expanding above ground: we'll run a game on the kitchen table upstairs if there's enough bodies to require it, and we'll add a table in the Playroom if we need it.

We can therefore comfortably accommodate 10 players on Sunday, April 16th. Come one come all.

Medium-term, we need to forge some new local relationships and find some new local places to play. Just looking around my local zone: Galaxy Games in Eagan looks like it has a nice space in back, but rigid Sunday hours (12-4). Red 6 Games in St. Paul may not have a game room at all; I must check that out. The Wescott library in Eagan has ample conference space, IIRC, but I wonder whether we might need two rooms for a proper event.

This is probably all too far south and east for Hobie or @Iron Prime , but I'm certainly open to hearing suggestions from the other side of the river. (Maple Grove is generally too far for me, but Eden Prairie / Hopkins / Edina or even St. Louis Park could work.)
 -  
Community Contributor
For whatever reason, I can't change the Event Description any more, so I can't delete the part about how the event location might change...

...but the event location is 100% locked in. First Edition will be played at my house, 1329 Bidwell Street, West Saint Paul, MN, 55118, at noon on Sunday April 16th. With three rounds to play, I expect to be finished around 4:30.

Prize support currently consists of Some Star Trek Books I Own and possibly An Extra Foil Or Two I Can Dig Out From My Currently Largely Uncatalogued Collection.

I'm not worried about capacity anymore, now that I've figured out some more table space, but I'm still curious who is coming. I'm currently expecting:

1. Me
2. Matt Hayes, Ancient Rival
3. The Notorious Brian S, Agent of Chaos
4. Ben Johnson, Always a Chess Master
5. LORE, Chairman of the Chosen (maybe)

I don't know whether Jason, @Hobie, or anyone else is coming. (I know Joe can't and Kevin can't and DVK can't.) Feel free to come, but I'd love a heads-up.

By PantsOfTheTalShiar (Jason Tang)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:02 amI'm not worried about capacity anymore, now that I've figured out some more table space, but I'm still curious who is coming. I'm currently expecting:

1. Me
2. Matt Hayes, Ancient Rival
3. The Notorious Brian S, Agent of Chaos
4. Ben Johnson, Always a Chess Master
5. LORE, Chairman of the Chosen (maybe)

I don't know whether Jason, @Hobie, or anyone else is coming. (I know Joe can't and Kevin can't and DVK can't.) Feel free to come, but I'd love a heads-up.
I wish I could help welcome our visitors but I've gotta spend the afternoon working on some applications.
 -  
Community Contributor
Good and healthy. (And the 23rd is the big one anyway.) Thanks for the rsvp!
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Reminder of the local gigs @Commander Joe is putting on this weekend at FFG! We will have several out-of-town players in attendance, with Kev and crew coming from SD and @JeBuS still in town from Chicago. Get in on the league finales, boys and girls and non-binary friends!
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
If anyone is not going to use their $10 coupon from the day-pass, I'd be willing to take them off your hands. I'll probably pick up some LotR LCG packs while I'm there. So coupons could be useful.
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Attention Frozen Chosen and adopted brethren! Let's start talking about getting our act together for Regional season. Is there interest / preference in hosting it this month, next month, the month after that, etc.? As of today, we can host them all the way up through September although anyone looking to travel to Seattle for Continentals may want to get them in earlier rather than later. I have no strong preference on game nor format, just would remind everyone I do have a silver tin I have been sitting on which would work for a 1E Draft Regional if folks are so inclined. So, let's hear it!

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
LORE wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 12:18 pm Attention Frozen Chosen and adopted brethren! Let's start talking about getting our act together for Regional season. Is there interest / preference in hosting it this month, next month, the month after that, etc.? As of today, we can host them all the way up through September although anyone looking to travel to Seattle for Continentals may want to get them in earlier rather than later. I have no strong preference on game nor format, just would remind everyone I do have a silver tin I have been sitting on which would work for a 1E Draft Regional if folks are so inclined. So, let's hear it!
At this point our SD group will defer to whatever you guys want to do - just keep in mind that the 2nd weekend of June is SD regional and go from there. Maybe the last weekend of June? Or the 2nd weekend of July?

By Mugato
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Runner-Up 2023
Is there any interest for June 24 & 25th? I'm likely attending a conference on the 26th and should be able to come day or two before.
 -  
Community Contributor
I may have some difficulty getting two Saturdays for Trek in the same month; that's quite a bit to put on my wife. So I'm most likely to be able to come in July.

Saturdays that work for me in July: 8, 22.
Sundays that work for me in July: 9, 16, 23, 30

Of course, that's just me. It feels like it would be a tragic waste of @Mugato's trip out here if nobody played Trek with him.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation