It all starts at home: local tournaments, local players. Keep track of events in your region, adjacent regions, and around the globe in this forum.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
This is your friendly neighborhood tournament correspondent coming to you NOT live from South Georgia, but I do have some breaking news!

After 4 Rounds of Intense Competition, Michael Van Breemen (@The Ninja Scot) finished atop an 11 person field to take the title of Mark Phillips Greater Cardassia Open (aka South Georgia Masters) Champion!

Here are the full standings as they've been reported to me:

1) MVB
2)William Moody
3)Nathan Miracle (@GooeyChewie)
4)Michael Shea (@The Prefect)
5)Matt Scruggs (@IQ542)
6)Will Raiman
7)Scott Baughman (@Neelix)
8)Simon Lee
9)Mike Gillespie (@durgforaday)
10)Keith Gibson
11) William D.

All reports subject to change based on official final standings/ tiebreakers/ etc. when the results are formally entered, but that's what I got so far.

I've been told the affiliation breakdown is coming, but there's a lunch break in effect at the moment, and I know better than to get between hungry nerds and their food, so more to follow as this story develops!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Another update from last night:

6 players were present for the Birmingham Draft. MVB won with the Starfleet deck. Other decks played were Cardassian, DS9, TNG, TOS, and Klingon.

Dilemma pool was up to 315 total cards, and was by all accounts a big hit!

If it was as good (or better) than the inaugural Birmingham Draft last month, we might have a thing here... Hopefully others will give it a try!

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
1) MVB - Ferengi
2)William Moody - Maquis
3)Nathan Miracle (@GooeyChewie) - TNG (Telepathy)
4)Michael Shea (@The Prefect) - Terok Nor
5)Matt Scruggs (@IQ542) - TNG (Cadets)
6)Will Raiman - Voyager
7)Scott Baughman (@Neelix) - Klingon
8)Simon Lee - Original Series
9)Mike Gillespie (@durgforaday) - Klingon Species 8472
10)Keith Gibson - Romulan
11) William D. - Klingon Smugglers

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Wow. Zero Cardassian?!

Must be saving that for tomorrow...

I figured somebody would bring the [TNG] / [Car] Dissident cheese.

So much for my Affiliation HQ picks this time around! :x

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Armus wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:36 pm Wow. Zero Cardassian?!

Must be saving that for tomorrow...

I figured somebody would bring the [TNG] / [Car] Dissident cheese.

So much for my Affiliation HQ picks this time around! :x
In today’s event, we have three [Dom] Cardassia, two [Car] Cardassia, [Car] / [TNG] Dissident, and [Car] [TN] Dissident Mill.

Mine is one of the [Dom] Cardassia, specifically Commodities. I beat Scott’s [Car] [TNG] Dissidents in round 1, then the [Car] [TN] mill in round 2. In round 3 (which is still going on), MVB’s Inglatu used my own commodities against my “make you need Acquisition” dilemma pile, so our game is done while everybody else plays on.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Results from last night's Hall of Fame Event:

MVB [Kli]
Matt S [Holo]
Mike G [Baj] Resistance
Scott B [Voy] Equinox
Nathan M [DS9]
William DeVault [Dom]
William Moody [TOS]
Simon [TOS]
Will Raiman [DS9-E]
Mike Shea [TN] (I'm assuming Terok Nor... I was told "Mouth of the Wormole")

I gotta say it's great seeing Holos and Bajoran Resistance finish on the podium... that's the best part of Hall of Fame: Empowering decks that don't see play in Standard and allowing them to contend!

By Neelix (Scott Baughman)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
  Trek Masters 2E Champion 2024
Yes, there were quite a few weird decks as part of the HoF event. While I had a good time, I don't know that HoF really accomplished what it wanted to here in that decks weren't terribly underpowered, there was just different cheese and in some cases without any available answers. Also, it was very difficult to make sure that all of our decks met the criteria for being HoF legal. I missed that Polywater Intoxication wasn't legal until just after I played it on someone in round 1, LOL! Happily the TD let us make quick edits as several other people ended up playing cards they didn't know were illegal.

I hope we can modify the deck builder to have a "is this HoF legal" check for decks in the future.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Neelix wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:53 pm Yes, there were quite a few weird decks as part of the HoF event. While I had a good time, I don't know that HoF really accomplished what it wanted to here in that decks weren't terribly underpowered, there was just different cheese and in some cases without any available answers. Also, it was very difficult to make sure that all of our decks met the criteria for being HoF legal. I missed that Polywater Intoxication wasn't legal until just after I played it on someone in round 1, LOL! Happily the TD let us make quick edits as several other people ended up playing cards they didn't know were illegal.

I hope we can modify the deck builder to have a "is this HoF legal" check for decks in the future.
Totally agree and a big +1 on a deckbuilder HoF check... @eberlems how doable is that?

As for the "Different cheese"... how much of the cheese isn't HoF-eligible yet, vs. how much cheese is eligible but just hasn't yet been retired?
Chief Programmer
By eberlems
 - Chief Programmer
 -  
Explorer
2E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E  National Second Runner-Up 2023
Armus wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:57 pm
Neelix wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:53 pm Yes, there were quite a few weird decks as part of the HoF event. While I had a good time, I don't know that HoF really accomplished what it wanted to here in that decks weren't terribly underpowered, there was just different cheese and in some cases without any available answers. Also, it was very difficult to make sure that all of our decks met the criteria for being HoF legal. I missed that Polywater Intoxication wasn't legal until just after I played it on someone in round 1, LOL! Happily the TD let us make quick edits as several other people ended up playing cards they didn't know were illegal.

Totally agree and a big +1 on a deckbuilder HoF check... @eberlems how doable is that?

As for the "Different cheese"... how much of the cheese isn't HoF-eligible yet, vs. how much cheese is eligible but just hasn't yet been retired?
That's a feature of the premium deck builder.
Switch the Format on top and then the searches use that format.

But that format is not saved with the deck.

By Neelix (Scott Baughman)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
  Trek Masters 2E Champion 2024

A solid question...I know I was hating how many times I saw The Weak Will Perish (but then, I hate how many times I see that in a Standard tournament these days, too.) and I know that TWWP is not yet HoF elligible. That day cannot come soon enough, LOL! Although, perhaps an eratta is more in order to make it cost 1 more or be Planet Only or something?

Wow! I never thought about that for the deckbuilder format switch - outstanding, thanks @eberlems

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
eberlems wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:06 pm

That's true for searching for cards while building a deck, but I just put a standard deck in, flipped on the HoF switch, checked legality and it told me my deck was legal.

Can we get format legality checks like exist in the 1e Deckbuilder? How hard would that be to implement?

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Seconded. Checking decks card by card isn't fun and it can take a few passes before you catch all of them. I know I have been taking standard decks and modifying them to HoF so the deck builder function wasn't something I used.

Armus wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:19 pm
eberlems wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:06 pm

That's true for searching for cards while building a deck, but I just put a standard deck in, flipped on the HoF switch, checked legality and it told me my deck was legal.

Can we get format legality checks like exist in the 1e Deckbuilder? How hard would that be to implement?
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E American National Champion 2023
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
The way that I usually get the deckbuilder to work is -

Create New Deck
Give it a Title
On the Deckbuilder Page, go to Format and Select Hall of Fame.
Then Save

It always stays in that format and will sort cards accordingly from that point forward.

Michael

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Personally, I'd like there to be a button that you can press and it tells you Legal Card Pools for the deck listed in green or red like on individual card pages.
Armus wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:57 pm As for the "Different cheese"... how much of the cheese isn't HoF-eligible yet, vs. how much cheese is eligible but just hasn't yet been retired?
I will use this opportunity to repeat my belief that 10 years is too long of a wait period. It should be 5 years max.

Done.

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]

Thermokinetic explosion

It would hit because your total attibutes at the t[…]

1EFQ: Random Releases

I'll add one more thing. If this becomes more of[…]