It all starts at home: local tournaments, local players. Keep track of events in your region, adjacent regions, and around the globe in this forum.
Second Edition Balance Manager
 - Second Edition Balance Manager
 -  
  Trek Masters  Participant 2024
Greetings!
You are invited to Valdosta Georgia February 24th, 25th and 26th for The Marc Phillips Greater Cardassian Open! The event will be held at the Wingate by Wyndham meeting room just off I-75 exit 18 in Valdosta Georgia. This will be a weekend filled with 2E Trek and some great fellowship. Hope you will make plans to attend.
FRIDAY- a 2E draft event. Pick 1 save 2. We will have starter decks printed and sleeved and they will be chosen at random. We will then have a box of well assorted dilemmas that will be passed around and you will pick 3, keeping 2 and putting one back. We will continue around till everyone has saved 24 then we play! How good a dilemma pile can you draft? This event will start at 6pm and be limited to the first 10 people who enter. Anyone not in the draft is welcomed to join us for free play and socializing!
SATURDAY - standard 2E tournament. This will begin at 9am. Bring your best and let’s sling cardboard!
SATURDAY - HOF 2E tournament. This will begin at 5:30pm and run till 10:00pm or just slightly after. That is the time they would like us to finish with the room in the evenings. Construct your best deck from eligible cards that have not been inducted into the Hall of Fame.
SUNDAY- Cardassian on Cardassian violence! This event will begin at 9am. Construct your best Cardassian deck and let’s get it on! Cardassia Prime must be one of your HQ. This could be a little too much for you non-Cardassians but everyone is welcome to enter and rumor has it a bottle of Kanar is up for grabs!
We hope we have peaked your interest! Please make plans to join us! We have secured a good room rate($89 per night+ tax) with this hotel for each night. Please email me and I will forward you the letter with the link for securing your lodging with them. You are free to stay where you like but the event will be at this hotel. It has breakfast provided and seems to be a very nice place.
Hope to see you in Valdosta, Ga on the last weekend of February!!
Mike Gillespie mistergillespie@yahoo.com 205.542.2121 :cheersL:
 -  
Greetings!
You are invited to Valdosta Georgia February 24th, 25th and 26th for The Marc Phillips Greater Cardassian Open! The event will be held at the Wingate by Wyndham meeting room just off I-75 exit 18 in Valdosta Georgia. This will be a weekend filled with 2E Trek and some great fellowship. Hope you will make plans to attend.
FRIDAY- a 2E draft event. Pick 1 save 2. We will have starter decks printed and sleeved and they will be chosen at random. We will then have a box of well assorted dilemmas that will be passed around and you will pick 3, keeping 2 and putting one back. We will continue around till everyone has saved 24 then we play! How good a dilemma pile can you draft? This event will start at 6pm and be limited to the first 10 people who enter. Anyone not in the draft is welcomed to join us for free play and socializing!
SATURDAY - standard 2E tournament. This will begin at 9am. Bring your best and let’s sling cardboard!
SATURDAY - HOF 2E tournament. This will begin at 5:30pm and run till 10:00pm or just slightly after. That is the time they would like us to finish with the room in the evenings. Construct your best deck from eligible cards that have not been inducted into the Hall of Fame.
SUNDAY- Cardassian on Cardassian violence! This event will begin at 9am. Construct your best Cardassian deck and let’s get it on! Cardassia Prime must be one of your HQ. This could be a little too much for you non-Cardassians but everyone is welcome to enter and rumor has it a bottle of Kanar is up for grabs!
We hope we have peaked your interest! Please make plans to join us! We have secured a good room rate($89 per night+ tax) with this hotel for each night. Please email me and I will forward you the letter with the link for securing your lodging with them. You are free to stay where you like but the event will be at this hotel. It has breakfast provided and seems to be a very nice place.
Hope to see you in Valdosta, Ga on the last weekend of February!!
Mike Gillespie mistergillespie@yahoo.com 205.542.2121 :cheersL:

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Please keep the Organized Play announcements in the pertinent Organized Play subforum.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
jadziadax8 wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:56 pm This sounds like it needs to be a Masters-level event.
My understanding is that is already in the works per conversations with the organizers and MVB.

-  
edgeofhearing wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:35 pm
nobthehobbit wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:34 pm Please keep the Organized Play announcements in the pertinent Organized Play subforum.
Please don’t move 2e content about people playing 2e games out of the 2e gameplay forum.
Gameplay (2E) is not a place for tournament announcements by its own description. This subforum is such a place.
 -  
No disrespect or stepping on toes intended! I was trying to put the announcement where I thought the most 2E players would see it. I get this is the place for such announcements. Someone suggested I put it under 2E gameplay to get more eyes on it. Will not happen again. :cheersL:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
durgforaday wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:59 am
Just gonna pop in hear real quick to plug this event. Me and my boys met up with the Birmingham crew today for a run of this format and I gotta say it's *really* fun!

There were over 200 dilemmas in the draft population, some singletons, some multiples, but it was a great mix, and the pick one to save two aspect really added a degree of strategic depth that I was pleasantly surprised by.

We started out with a 12 round draft (so we each had 24 dilemmas) and had to make a legal dilemma pile. Then after each round we did a "supplemental draft" of one round each.

The Lucas decks were pretty well balanced against each other so a lot of games came down to draft strategy and dilemma draws.

I would encourage anyone who is going to this shindig to make the time Friday night to play in this thing - you should have a good time with it!

Props to @durgforaday and @IQ542 for putting this thing together! :cheersL:

Also, if it becomes A THING (tm), I propose a new title: Birmingham Draft!

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
nobthehobbit wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:47 pm
edgeofhearing wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:35 pm
nobthehobbit wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:34 pm Please keep the Organized Play announcements in the pertinent Organized Play subforum.
Please don’t move 2e content about people playing 2e games out of the 2e gameplay forum.
Gameplay (2E) is not a place for tournament announcements by its own description. This subforum is such a place.
Why can't it be both?
I'd say in this case your sense of order works against the greater good of the continuum.

-  
monty42 wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:49 pm Why can't it be both?
I'd say in this case your sense of order works against the greater good of the continuum.
I cannot say more without disclosing private communications.
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Probs atlanta airport then bus (greyhound_

I would give you a ride, but alas, I have to go to alabama that weekend
 -  
Just a quick plug and reminder: THE MARC PHILLIPS GREATER CARDASSSIAN OPEN will begin next Friday evening February 24th at 6 pm est at the Wingate hotel in Valdosta, Georgia!! The Wingate hotel is extending us a nice group room rate but you have to book your room by this Saturday February 18th to get the rate. We would love to have any and everyone that can join us to do so! Shoot me an email:
mistergillespie@yahoo.com and I will forward you the link to secure the better rate. Looking forward to seeing and meeting all those who dare to venture onto Cardassian soil! Mike Gillespie 205.542.2121 :cheersL:

Is it now that we talk about the dream card forum?[…]

German Nationals 2024 (1E)

Done. Your complete decklist. Can't have your […]

Unser Turnier in Köln gestern war ebenfalls[…]

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]