Home of the third annual You Make The Card contest, where the community designs a card for an upcoming Virtual Expansion!

By stoovie (Matthyas Kiraly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Foreman wrote:Also one thing that was mentioned during Make-It-So it is that abilities that can brodcast from the HQ are not a great idea.
#2,3,5,6,8,9,10 can all be used with mudd just sitting at the HQ.

Now that we live in the of Weyoun and Holding cell, the problem of brodcasting abilities isn't as bad, but it is still something to keep in mind when choosing an ability that it may be hard for the opponent to counter it.
I'll just leave this here...

Second Edition Creative Manager
By Triumph (Jonathan)
 - Second Edition Creative Manager
 -  
Adventurer
Yeah, I voted Choice #1. It would definitely be useful, it seems pretty balanced already, and won't require any kind of absurd costing (like VRH ended up with).

Also...I fail to see the relevance of Harvest Drone to this thread; could someone elaborate?

By stoovie (Matthyas Kiraly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Triumph wrote:Also...I fail to see the relevance of Harvest Drone to this thread; could someone elaborate?
Read the quote above the image for the context.

(Foreman was talking about abilities that can be broadcasted from an HQ, where a personnel could supposedly be left "safe" - he pointed out Holding Cell and Weyoun beats this, but so does Harvest Drone for a Borg player).

I'm sure there are other ways too. No-one is safe in this game, no matter where they are.
By Triumph (Jonathan)
 -  
Adventurer
Oh!!!! So you can leave the Harvest Drone at an opponent's HQ, and assimilate anyone left there! Aha! Thanks! :D

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Even though I created entry #2, it does seems a bit overcomplicated. I created it specifically to address the runner-up theme of selling things from your discard pile. That said, I think entry #10 is a much better way to represent "selling" something. It gets my vote, though it absolutely needs to say "present" to be balanced. It's just too bad Mudd's Women isn't a Crime event. :D
By Triumph (Jonathan)
 -  
Adventurer
How much hope can we have that some of the less balanced gametexts will tweaked as we want? E.g. Number 10 as Goo-Chew suggests?

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Triumph wrote:How much hope can we have that some of the less balanced gametexts will tweaked as we want? E.g. Number 10 as Goo-Chew suggests?
Given the following quote:
MidnightLich wrote:I expect that - once we've picked a winner - we'll find out more about exactly how to word it, and what the implications for the cost might be.

Also keep in mind that the final card still has to go through testing.

-crp
I'd say pretty near 100%.
By Triumph (Jonathan)
 -  
Adventurer
Hmm...assuming the "present" issue can be fixed, then I'm changing my vote to 10. Balance aside, I like the concept best.

By ZodoJats
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I still like no. 1 better, but if 10 said present that would be a good alternative. I still think he could end in quite messy gameboards, and the mirror matchup would be terrible. I think the lack of decent Crime events is a bit of a worry too, although that could certainly be remedied by the design team at the same time, which would be a nice community/designer interaction.

By thsch (Thomas Schneider)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Current Standings:

1. Gametext 1: 12
2. Gametext 10: 8
3. Gametext 9: 6
3. Gametext 4: 5
5. Gametext 8: 5
6. Gametext 3: 4
7. Gametext 6: 3
8. Gametext 5: 2
8. Gametext 7: 2
10. Gametext 2: 1

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
1. (1) Gametext 1 : 17 (+5)
2. (2) Gametext 10: 8 (0)
3. (3) Gametext 9 : 7 (+1)
4. (4) Gametext 8 : 6 (+1)
5. (4) Gametext 4 : 5 (0)
6. (6) Gametext 3 : 4 (0)
7. (7) Gametext 6 : 3 (0)
8. (8) Gametext 5 : 2 (0)
8. (8) Gametext 7 : 2 (0)
10. (10) Gametext 2: 1 (0)

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
1. (1) Gametext 1: 18 (+1)
2. (2) Gametext 10: 9 (+1)
3. (3) Gametext 9: 7 (0)
4. (4) Gametext 8: 6 (0)
5. (6) Gametext 3: 5 (+1)
5. (5) Gametext 4: 5 (0)
7. (7) Gametext 6: 3 (0)
8. (8) Gametext 5: 2 (0)
8. (8) Gametext 7: 2 (0)
10. (10) Gametext 2: 1 (0)
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
MidnightLich wrote:I expect that - once we've picked a winner - we'll find out more about exactly how to word it[.]
It would be more preferable to have a more finalized choices. This requires either a great deal of work durring a rather short period of time or having this portion of the process come closer to a natural break, such as an expansion release.
MidnightLich wrote:[... A]nd what the implications for the cost might be.
One of the cooler things about WoTC II was we had choices for what the card would do as a varient with the cost.

Faithful Reader

Wird erledigt : ). Es war übrigens wirklich[…]

I suspect that’s the usual forum badges you […]

Zwei Turniere und das schon im März ... Das L[…]

Is it now that we talk about the dream card forum?[…]