Home of the third annual You Make The Card contest, where the community designs a card for an upcoming Virtual Expansion!

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
It took me some time to realize this.

Why has the latest "Will of the Collective"-card had to become an erratum if the problem was more about a certain Vorta. That's just not fair - to the card or the community.

If there were inherent problems concerning the cards I just didn't fathom, please enlighten me ...
Second Edition Creative Manager
By Triumph (Jonathan)
 - Second Edition Creative Manager
 -  
Adventurer
I think it was because VRH hampered future design the most. All [TN] personnel forever who had order abilities might be subject to some kind of dangerous exploitation.

Also, the problem wasn't with Weyoun. It was with Weyoun who made people go away, and Friction which opponents' personnel before they could do anything, and VRH which let Weyoun cheat around Friction. No one of those cards was broken. But by their powers combined... :wink:

:twocents:

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Triumph wrote:But by their powers combined... :wink:
...that deck became Captain Planet?! :shock:

By ZodoJats
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I tend to agree, Weyoun not VRH should have got an errata, but oh well. And yes, Weyoun isn't broken by himself, but given that he was the last component in the broken cycle, and in a recently released set, it makes sense to change him (and make him more in line with similar cards).
Also, I'm not sure old-VRH really posed that significant a design restriction. Prior to this set, there were zero TN personnel with order abilities (unless I missed one...). Furthermore, the only order abilities that VRH really poses a problem with are abilities that get rid of your personnel so you can use that ability more than once per turn - such abilities are pretty rare overall. Plus, I don't think TN will be seeing all that much attention in the near future anyway.

By chompers (Steve Hartmann)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
1E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
2E Australian Continental Semi-Finalist 2019
The stop clause (and limitation on its use) on the errata VR headset pretty much breaks any future potential abuse. VR Headset has been diluted down so much it is probably not worth playing while it costs 5 counters.

By Iron Mike
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
2E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
chompers wrote:The stop clause (and limitation on its use) on the errata VR headset pretty much breaks any future potential abuse. VR Headset has been diluted down so much it is probably not worth playing while it costs 5 counters.
It's harder, but I think it can be worth it once you drop one or two of the Dominion five cost guys.

It bugs me that you now have to drop a guy who doesn't have the [TN].

By DJstormtrooper (Tyler Fultz)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Weyoun was not the problem. He was costed correctly and had a balanced ability. The problem was that the headset could be used to repeatedly play the same person over and over while simultaneously avoiding Friction. Toran has the same problem. The headset had to be changed becuase it meant that any Terok Nor person with an order ability was potentially abusable.

BTW,
Terok Nor is still good. Completing the two easiest missions in the game for a full win isn't shabby.
German Nationals 2024 (1E)

Done. Your complete decklist. Can't have your […]

Unser Turnier in Köln gestern war ebenfalls[…]

Both these ideas have elements that interest me as[…]

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]