Home of the third annual You Make The Card contest, where the community designs a card for an upcoming Virtual Expansion!

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
ZodoJats wrote:Didn't we already vote on the ship thing?
We did, yeah.
ZodoJats wrote:I'm actually against him having a ship...
:thumbsup:
ZodoJats wrote:...but if that's what people want, that's what they want.
Power to the people! :wink:

A concern of mine is, if the ship's any good, then people will be tandeming this with CotB for a 1 cost personnel who can stop their Thieves/Smugglers (of which there are plenty of decent ones) getting the axe, while another concern is, if the ship's no good, what's the point?

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Danny wrote:A concern of mine is, if the ship's any good, then people will be tandeming this with CotB for a 1 cost personnel who can stop their Thieves/Smugglers (of which there are plenty of decent ones) getting the axe, while another concern is, if the ship's no good, what's the point?
I know exactly what the ship (maybe) does. The question is... is it any good, or no good?
(see S31 e100 for a spoiler)

By Mugato
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Runner-Up 2023
Danny wrote: A concern of mine is, if the ship's any good, then people will be tandeming this with CotB for a 1 cost personnel who can stop their Thieves/Smugglers (of which there are plenty of decent ones) getting the axe, while another concern is, if the ship's no good, what's the point?
CotB + Trip to Romulus to get him back.

Of course a theif/smuggler deck may have the same dilemma busting ability as Terok Nor.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Let's all relax before we start predicting gloom and doom, okay? The cards just entered playtesting. There is plenty of time (and plenty of quality testers) to catch any abuse.

-crp

By thsch (Thomas Schneider)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Faithful Reader wrote:Item the first: Why must we wait for the art department? Yes we need an image eventually and the lore might follow that, but we can get work done in the meantime. I don't see the harm of working on the last bits first, unless this breaks some cardinal rule of design.
Since it is possible that the people want to have a lore that is somewhat connected to the image, we want to do this decision first. Also the art department is working really fast and voting on the suggestions should start Monday or Tuesday.
ZodoJats wrote:Didn't we already vote on the ship thing?
Yes we have decided that there will be a ship. We still need to decide what the name of this ship will be.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
thsch wrote:Yes we have decided that there will be a ship. We still need to decide what the name of this ship will be.
And oddly, according to Memory-Alpha *and* Memory-Beta, no-one has ever given that ship a name. That means we get a clear shot at it.

I'm going to suggest "Gambit".

By charlie
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
How about Fool's Bargain? Remember how Harry was just a bit arrogant in his dealings with Kirk? He always wanted to make those around believe he was more important than he was.
Second Edition Creative Manager
By Triumph (Jonathan)
 - Second Edition Creative Manager
 -  
Adventurer
As egotistical and arrogant as Mudd could be...I actually think Harryship is a name HE would have considered.

Other ideas:
Hard Bargain
Dark Deal (couldn't resist a SWCCG reference for old time's sake)
Flight of Fortune
Mudd Corporate Yacht (going for the pretentious facade that Harry likes)

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Pyrite.

Pyrite is known as Fool's Gold, which I think fits Mudd.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
History's often a good place to get names from. How about "Hermes", after the God of thieves and travelers.
Second Edition Creative Manager
By Triumph (Jonathan)
 - Second Edition Creative Manager
 -  
Adventurer
Danny wrote:History's often a good place to get names from. How about "Hermes", after the God of thieves and travelers.
On that note, Janus was the two-faced god, which might be fitting for Harry.

Ooh, what about Clear-as-Mudd?

Is it now that we talk about the dream card forum?[…]

German Nationals 2024 (1E)

Done. Your complete decklist. Can't have your […]

Unser Turnier in Köln gestern war ebenfalls[…]

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]