Home of the third annual You Make The Card contest, where the community designs a card for an upcoming Virtual Expansion!

By soggy_amphibian (Mark)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Maje
After "Gambit", "Venture" and "Hard Bargain", I'm tempted to suggest another ship name that falls into that entrepreneurial spirit.

Unfortunately, on reflection, calling it Enterprise would complicate things in both editions :shifty:

By Tim (Tim Davidson)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
For his ship, I just went with "Class J Cargo Ship." I think a universal ❖ [NA] [1E-AU] [OS] freighter would be a cool addition to the game. Being able to use more than one would make cargo runs more viable. Plus, his ship was never really unique or given any background, it was just a random "small, class J cargo ship."

For 2E subtitle I gotta go with "Simply an Honest Businessman," or "Honest Businessman." Irony is funnier.
Last edited by Tim on Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Timo wrote:For his ship, I just went with "Class J Cargo Ship." I think a universal ❖ [NA] [1E-AU] [OS] freighter would be a cool addition to the game. Being able to use more than one would make cargo runs more viable. Plus, his ship was never really unique or given any background, it was just a random "small, class J cargo ship."
I really like this logic, not bad...
Last edited by Maelwys on Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Maelwys wrote:
Timo wrote:For his ship, I just went with "Class J Cargo Ship." I think a universal ❖ [NA] [1E-AU] [OS] freighter would be a cool addition to the game. Being able to use more than one would make cargo runs more viable. Plus, his ship was never really unique or given any background, it was just a random "small, class J cargo ship."
I really like this logic, not bad...
:thumbsup:
Last edited by AllenGould on Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By commdecker (Matthew Zinno)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Arbiter
Community Contributor
After looking at all the images, the one thing that just struck me about all of them is that the man exudes confidence. No matter what situation is thrown at him, he's just very confident about his abilities.

So with a nod to that, and a touch of a pun, I called him "Confidence Man". (In case you don't know, that's the full phrase that's often shortened to "con man".)

I had put "Confidence" for the ship too, but now I can't pass up the opportunity for him to drive a Hard Bargain.
Second Edition Creative Manager
By Triumph (Jonathan)
 - Second Edition Creative Manager
 -  
Adventurer
commdecker wrote:After looking at all the images, the one thing that just struck me about all of them is that the man exudes confidence. No matter what situation is thrown at him, he's just very confident about his abilities.

So with a nod to that, and a touch of a pun, I called him "Confidence Man". (In case you don't know, that's the full phrase that's often shortened to "con man".)

I had put "Confidence" for the ship too, but now I can't pass up the opportunity for him to drive a Hard Bargain.
Nice! Although "Confidence Man" sort of sounds like a superhero name, too... :D

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
commdecker wrote:After looking at all the images, the one thing that just struck me about all of them is that the man exudes confidence. No matter what situation is thrown at him, he's just very confident about his abilities.

I'm a sucker for a play on words, so I love both of these ideas. ;-)

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
commdecker wrote: I had put "Confidence" for the ship too, but now I can't pass up the opportunity for him to drive a Hard Bargain.
I love that name for the ship. It sounds like a ship's name.

The Hard Bargain.
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Is there any chance we could take the second image for 2E and use it with a smug look on his face rather than a laugh? That would be a winner and tell you everything you need to know about his character but as it is know, the image screams verb. It's the perfect pose if we just put a banana sticker over his face.

Faithful Reader

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Architect
I voted for Picture 1 for 1E and Picture 3 for 2E. For 1E, I feel like the picture should match the special skill. I know 1E doesn't do "snapshot" personnel like 2E does, but it still felt odd to have the picture/special skill mismatch. For 2E, it was between Picture 1 and Picture 3. Picture 2 felt more like a verb than a personnel. I would be happy with Picture 1 or Picture 3, but Picture 3 looks a bit more like "the" Harry Mudd to me.
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
Personally, I love personnel pictures that aren't just head-shots. This is especially true for TOS, where the backgrounds for the sets tend to just be oddly-colored walls. I too think that picture #2 would be great as an Uninvited AI, but I think that's also what makes it the most interesting character picture.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I like "True Businessman".

I don't like "on the bottom of [] owner's deck". Shouldn't it be "at the bottom"? I know this was done thus several times on other cards, but it's never too late to learn from mistakes. I know we all know what's meant by "on the bottom" but it's kinda awkward, to say the least.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]