Home of the third annual You Make The Card contest, where the community designs a card for an upcoming Virtual Expansion!
Second Edition Creative Manager
By Triumph (Jonathan)
 - Second Edition Creative Manager
 -  
Adventurer
Ack!!! All the pictures of Mudd are TOO good! Kudos to Art Department! I can hardly bring myself to choose...leaning toward number 3 for the 2E version...but I like them all.

As for subtitles, I suggest Mustachioed Menace, "Harry" or Fast-talking Sidewinder.

By karonofborg13 (Matthew Hayes)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Had to go with Image two for both editions, the image two for 1E is the absolute best. Not just a boring face shot, and very colorful. While, the 2E image two is also nicely descriptive. Either would make a cool foil. The rest, are decent to bland face shots, admittedly with some bright 60's colors in them.

The other poster who suggested 'Hard Bargain' as his ship's title caught my interest, so that's my nomination.

My own expressed suggestion, 'Dirty Rotten Scoundrel' is my candidate for 2E subtitle of the man himself.

Can't wait for these to build my next 2E Thief deck around. x3 all the way. While the 1E one should be fun, too.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
For subtitle, I'm torn between:
  • "Simply an Honest Businessman" (or a contraction of that, maybe "Honest Businessman") or,
  • "Swindler, Con Man, Liar and Rogue".
2E image is easy, though; definitely number 2. :thumbsup:

By The Mad Vulcan (J)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Danny wrote: maybe "Honest Businessman"
This was what I suggested. Not sure if I'll end up liking other options better when the poll comes up.

I voted for picture 3 in 1E and picture 2 in 2E. I love that Harry has his feet up on the table in the 2E image. I chose the 1E one based on the sinister gleam in his expression.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Voted picture 1 and picture 3 respectively. Pictures #2 were a bit chaotic in my opinion and would better feature on an event or interrupt. I think especially #3 for 2E is a great headshot.

As for ship name, I went with 'Venture', and subtitle 'Entrepeneur'.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Danny wrote:...maybe "Honest Businessman"
The Mad Vulcan wrote:This was what I suggested. Not sure if I'll end up liking other options better when the poll comes up.
Sorry fella, didn't spot that in the other thread. In that case, I'll put my money behind "Swindler, Con Man, Liar and Rogue"; it's lengthy, but it fits both the card and his character.

By The Mad Vulcan (J)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I was trying to word my response right. I never suggested it (it's not my original idea or anything). I only thought of it when filling out the survey.

My intent of telling you that I suggested it was to allow you to suggest the other idea that you had, since they were both good.

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
I like Venture that is a good name. I can get behind that.

Pic #2 for 2e is not really a personnel card, it looks more like a verb, I'll probably pick #3 over #1.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Well... Memory Beta does have this to say about the HarryShip:

"By 2288, his notoriety had reached every known sector to such extent that his escapades were required study material in Starfleet Academy. One of the sophomore-junior year simulations was that of a mock rescue attempt which cadets were required to pass. In the simulation, the classroom/bridge was to protect his small freighter, the Stella, while also negotiate with a hostile Romulan warbird. (TOS video game: Starfleet Academy)"

So, personally I am actually going with Stella... :shifty:

And for his subtitle "Honest Trader"

In my mind there is no doubt that picture 2 in both edition is what truly makes Harry look like Harry... :thumbsup:

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
I'd said Aurum, but I switched to Stella upon seeing the above.

By jindrak
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I voted image #2 for both editions, was pretty simple choice :)

For Harry's ship, I chose the name:

Loaner- "Borrowed" Spaceship

And for his 2E subtitle, I went with:

Captain Leo Walsh

The alias he uses in Mudds Women.

Cheers!

By The Mad Vulcan (J)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
jindrak wrote: For Harry's ship, I chose the name:

Loaner- "Borrowed" Spaceship

And for his 2E subtitle, I went with:

Captain Leo Walsh
Those are both great suggestions. I don't know which had me laughing harder, well likely the ship name.
Second Edition Creative Manager
By Triumph (Jonathan)
 - Second Edition Creative Manager
 -  
Adventurer
makimachine wrote:Well... Memory Beta does have this to say about the HarryShip:

"By 2288, his notoriety had reached every known sector to such extent that his escapades were required study material in Starfleet Academy. One of the sophomore-junior year simulations was that of a mock rescue attempt which cadets were required to pass. In the simulation, the classroom/bridge was to protect his small freighter, the Stella, while also negotiate with a hostile Romulan warbird. (TOS video game: Starfleet Academy)"

So, personally I am actually going with Stella... :shifty:

And for his subtitle "Honest Trader"

In my mind there is no doubt that picture 2 in both edition is what truly makes Harry look like Harry... :thumbsup:
http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Harry_Mudd

There's a link to Mudd's page, if anyone is curious; the paragraph makimachine quoted is the last one of the entry. I'm wondering now two question. First, is it reasonable to assume the ship described in the simulation is the same as the ship in Mudd's Women? Second, if the answer yes, should we really even need to vote on what name to give ship, since it would already have a quasi-authoritatively established name?

After much back and forth, I've settled on Image 2 for 2E Harry, though Image 3 with that hat is still tempting. I'll be happy for either to win. For Harry's subtitle, I like Leo Walsh, the alias he used in Mudd's Women, but I also like my own latest idea: Mustachioed Mountebank. Uses alliteration (fun!) to bring in his mustache and his dishonest, swindling ways. :)
Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

I get the FW 100 - 100. Really good game!

Thermokinetic explosion

It would hit because your total attibutes at the t[…]

1EFQ: Random Releases

I'll add one more thing. If this becomes more of[…]

Klingon Neelix ponderings

I am collecting data at this point. Someone aske[…]