Home of the third annual You Make The Card contest, where the community designs a card for an upcoming Virtual Expansion!

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Foreman wrote:
Triumph wrote: Maybe he says "Your opponent may spend one additional counter each turn," as his drawback
I realise its still the brainstorming phase, but this would not be a good ability to put on a card that is usually hidden from the opponent.
Maybe put it on the ship then?

Something similar to the Lakota, e.g. "While you command this ship's corresponding Commander, your opponent may spend 1 additional counter each turn". Then if you tie in Harry's ability to having to command the ship, then you can justify Harry's ability being fantastic.
Second Edition Creative Manager
By Triumph (Jonathan)
 - Second Edition Creative Manager
 -  
Adventurer
Trying to come up with a way to "sell" personnel to the opponent, and to come up with an interesting reward, here's another brainstorm (giving the opponent personnel in order to restore a ship's range actually parallels what happened in Mudd's Women):

When this personnel uses a skill to complete a mission, you may place your NA personnel present at an opponent’s headquarters mission (opponent now commands that personnel) to restore all range on your ships.
Shipping Manager
By SirDan (Dan Hamman)
 - Shipping Manager
 -  
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
At the start of your turn you may place your [NA] personnel present at your opponent's headquarters to spent additional counters this turn equal to that personnel's cost +2. That opponent now commands that personnel.
"Take my wife... please."
By Triumph (Jonathan)
 -  
Adventurer
I like it.

My reason for making Mudd's ability kick in when he helped solve a mission was so that he couldn't just camp out an HQ and never have to go anywhere. Something needs to make him venture out into the galaxy.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
SirDan wrote:At the start of your turn you may place your [NA] personnel present at your opponent's headquarters to spent additional counters this turn equal to that personnel's cost +2. That opponent now commands that personnel.
It's interesting, but the "take command" caveat should be integrated into the "cost". The way it's worded at the moment, if you command any Bashir, I can place my [NA] Bashir at your HQ to spend 8 additional counters that turn, but as you gaining command of him is an effect, rather than cost, I still retain command of him. I'm 8 counters up, and only have to retrieve him to do it again next turn.
Shipping Manager
By SirDan (Dan Hamman)
 - Shipping Manager
 -  
SirDan wrote:At the start of your turn, if this personnel is at an opponent's mission, you may place your [NA] personnel present that an opponent does not command at your opponent's headquarters to spent additional counters this turn equal to that personnel's cost +2. That opponent now commands that personnel.
Very wordy :(
By Triumph (Jonathan)
 -  
Adventurer
One solution might be to say a non-unique NA personnel. Solves the does not command issue.

However, I think we might be getting ahead of ourselves. We don't need to hash out exact wordings - Design can wrangle over that. We are supposed to ponder ideas for Mudd to follow - e.g. give command of NA personnel to opponent in exchange for counters (or ship range).

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Here's a thought based on the idea of selling your opponent personnel.
At the start of each of your turns, choose an opponent. You spend an additional counter for each personnel that player commands that you own.
Order - If this personnel is on an opponents planet mission, choose one of your [NA] personnel present. Your opponent now commands that personnel.You may do this only once per turn.
Shipping Manager
By SirDan (Dan Hamman)
 - Shipping Manager
 -  
Foreman wrote:At the start of each of your turns, choose an opponent. You spend an additional counter for each personnel that player commands that you own.
Order - If this personnel is on an opponents planet mission, choose one of your [NA] personnel present. Your opponent now commands that personnel.You may do this only once per turn.
Hahah. That's great. Assimilate a bunch of my people? No problem! I'll spend more counters!

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
SirDan wrote:
Foreman wrote:At the start of each of your turns, choose an opponent. You spend an additional counter for each personnel that player commands that you own.
Hahah. That's great. Assimilate a bunch of my people? No problem! I'll spend more counters!
It wasn't neccesarily an accident that he would be usefull against a borg assimilator :wink:
By Triumph (Jonathan)
 -  
Adventurer
I vote for Foreman's idea! It feels suited to Mudd's actions in Mudd's Women.

Also, the idea that Harry Mudd would be effective for countering the might of the Borg Collective is hilarious!

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
it's actually kinda awesome idea,

foreman you should be an assistant designer or something :P

By chompers (Steve Hartmann)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
1E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
2E Australian Continental Semi-Finalist 2019
Foreman wrote:
SirDan wrote:
It wasn't neccesarily an accident that he would be usefull against a borg assimilator :wink:
I like it but the [NA] personnel needs to go to headquarters mission (which means it won't work vs Voyager) or somewhere else.

One example ...
I am playing Bajoran Resistance with Mudd ... I give command of a [NA] personnel who remains on planet. I now attack him 3 times, and score 60 points (depending on cards in play).

By karonofborg13 (Matthew Hayes)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Okay, okay, okay, I gotta raise a question here...what was wrong with the first three versions (per Charlie's article) of Harry Mudd? If I read his text correctly, at least even for the third runthrough where he only affect(s)/(ed) [NA] Smugglers and [NA] Thieves [which is understandable/acceptable], he prevents the stop of said personnel by The Seen and the Unseen, but, not the dilemma itself. So, TSatU would still cause the Smuggler/Thief deck's player to lose 5 points and the dilemma owner to score 5 points. How is that not a win/win for the dilemma owner? Harry say(s)/(said) nothing about preventing/overcoming the dilemma. [to me, at least, a dilemma that costs 4 and changes the game by 10 points every time, is quite the balance, if I'm reading it right, am I not?]

???

Or did the playtesters not find this out?

By chompers (Steve Hartmann)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
1E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
2E Australian Continental Semi-Finalist 2019
Random idea, not linked to selling but making an old cards usable ....

When this personnel is at an opponents mission, he gains the skills required to complete that mission.

The idea is to make Smuggling Run and Kasidy Yates Maquis Smuggler useful. Not sure if is can be abused with Romulan trickery?? I don't tihnk it is overly thematic, but I am not particularly familiar with Mudd's storylines.

Wird erledigt : ). Es war übrigens wirklich[…]

I suspect that’s the usual forum badges you […]

Zwei Turniere und das schon im März ... Das L[…]

Is it now that we talk about the dream card forum?[…]