Home of the third annual You Make The Card contest, where the community designs a card for an upcoming Virtual Expansion!
Second Edition Creative Manager
By Triumph (Jonathan)
 - Second Edition Creative Manager
 -  
Adventurer
chompers wrote:Random idea, not linked to selling but making an old cards usable ....

When this personnel is at an opponents mission, he gains the skills required to complete that mission.

The idea is to make Smuggling Run and Kasidy Yates Maquis Smuggler useful. Not sure if is can be abused with Romulan trickery?? I don't tihnk it is overly thematic, but I am not particularly familiar with Mudd's storylines.
Ooh, very interesting! Mudd is totally the sort of fellow to make smuggling runs, and more or less is engaged in one when the Enterprise first encounters him.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
How about something like
'When this personnel is at an opponent's mission, if that opponent downloads a card, you may return this personnel to hand to reveal the downloaded card and download a card of the same type.'?

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
WeyounsLastClone wrote:How about something like
'When this personnel is at an opponent's mission, if that opponent downloads a card, you may return this personnel to hand to reveal the downloaded card and download a card of the same type.'?
I thought downloaded cards had to be revealed.
Rulebook wrote:Download: This word allows you to look through your deck for the specified card, reveal that card to all players so they can verify that the correct card was downloaded, place it in your hand, and shuffle the remaining cards in your deck. There is no penalty if you don’t find (or choose not to take) a card you are allowed to download.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
nobthehobbit wrote:
I thought downloaded cards had to be revealed.
Rulebook wrote:Download: This word allows you to look through your deck for the specified card, reveal that card to all players so they can verify that the correct card was downloaded, place it in your hand, and shuffle the remaining cards in your deck. There is no penalty if you don’t find (or choose not to take) a card you are allowed to download.
Hmm, I thought there were instances, for example if you can download 'any card' that you do not need to reveal. If you always reveal, it'd be great so the wording on my text could be a bit clearer.
By Triumph (Jonathan)
 -  
Adventurer
It reminds me vaguely of Bustling with Activity, in that the opponent does a download and I get a chance to download; that makes me think it has a cosmopolitan, business feel, which sort of fits Mudd. I just wonder if it's too niche of a card. By the time I get Mudd out and fly him to an opponent's mission, what if my opponent has finished downloading?

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
I still like the idea of having him set up random selections, to represent him working well with females, who often get bonuses for being randomly selected.
By Triumph (Jonathan)
 -  
Adventurer
GooeyChewie wrote:I still like the idea of having him set up random selections, to represent him working well with females, who often get bonuses for being randomly selected.
So that would mean some kind of "do X to exclude Y from a random selection?" thus leaving behind the females with the bonuses when they get randomly selected? Maybe, for some cost, he excludes a Smuggler and / or Thief (with the possibility of including himself) from one random selection?

By chompers (Steve Hartmann)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
2E Australian Continental Semi-Finalist 2019
Something like this?

When this personnel is facing a dilemma and a smuggler or thief is randomly selected by a dilemma, you may replace them with a smuggler or thief present.

and then maybe .... You may do this once each mission attempt ... to prevent every random selecton becoming a choice.

Just checked text on Smugglers and Thiefs and there is none that have "When randomly selected by a dilemma do X" so other than protecting key personnel it doesn't help trigger any (abusive) combos.

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
I'd like some sort of variant of Alien Gambling Device, possibly involving placing a (random?) card from hand on top of the deck as a cost, just for even more M'Pella fun.
By Triumph (Jonathan)
 -  
Adventurer
Harry's a sneaky chap, and he seems to have disappeared again. Anyone have idea where this process is? Should we (the Trek-playing public) continue brainstorming concepts for the 2E version? Has Design recaptured Harry to continue working him over?
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Hey guys,

It's been a very busy couple of months, but I'm aiming to get you guys some options for Harry here in another week or so. Please be patient with us as we get back on track with this process.

Thanks,
-crp
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Being clear, this will be like All-Comsuming Evil where we will democratically design every element of the card as opposed to Virtual Reality Headset where you took several choices from us.

Faithful Reader
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Faithful Reader wrote:Being clear, this will be like All-Comsuming Evil where we will democratically design every element of the card as opposed to Virtual Reality Headset where you took several choices from us.

Faithful Reader
Our plan at this point is to bring you options and let you choose from those options. After all, aside from Harry's game text and the required testing, he's done, isn't he?

-crp
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
MidnightLich wrote:After all, aside from Harry's game text and the required testing, he's done, isn't he?
There's also lore. Why does everyoen forget the lore.

Also, it would be a real [EXPLETIVE] move for us to design the card and not let us know the result or show it to us ahead of time. We didn't do all the work, but we made the final decisions. Sorry if I sound lemony, but I am still bitter and offended about not being allowed to write potential lore for VRH.

You'll also be doing both at the same time or will we be able to at least finish off 1E Harry?

Any chance we could make a card with Harry for tribbles?

Faithful Reader

Is it now that we talk about the dream card forum?[…]

German Nationals 2024 (1E)

Done. Your complete decklist. Can't have your […]

Unser Turnier in Köln gestern war ebenfalls[…]

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]