Home of the third annual You Make The Card contest, where the community designs a card for an upcoming Virtual Expansion!

By Seanshank
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Foreman wrote:So I just wanted to clarify. are you suggesting that new sets be shown to the public for a lOnger period of time before they become tournament legal?
No. During the playtesting of the set it be allowed to be public.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Seanshank wrote:
Foreman wrote:So I just wanted to clarify. are you suggesting that new sets be shown to the public for a lOnger period of time before they become tournament legal?
Wow. That's about the stupidest idea I've ever heard. Sounds like you want to be able to armchair quarterback the playtesting process instead of actually DOING something.

Just as a thought experiment, let's explore what it would take to make that happen.

1. Say at any given time there are 100 cards being playtested to go into a 54 card set. Someone (Maelwys) would have to program all of those cards into the website somehow.

2. Then, whenever one of those cards got changed or cut, those files would have to be updated by that same someone.

3. Since playtesting would be public, we'd have to endure the whines of every person on here who didn't like the changes or didn't want the card to be cut. [sarcasm]That sounds great to me![/sarcasm]

Or, how about this? You don't like the cards that are coming out, apply to be a playtester. Then you'll be in on the changes, and the rest of us can see the final product without all the messiness.

By Seanshank
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote:
Seanshank wrote:
Wow. That's about the stupidest idea I've ever heard. Sounds like you want to be able to armchair quarterback the playtesting process instead of actually DOING something.

Just as a thought experiment, let's explore what it would take to make that happen.

1. Say at any given time there are 100 cards being playtested to go into a 54 card set. Someone (Maelwys) would have to program all of those cards into the website somehow.

2. Then, whenever one of those cards got changed or cut, those files would have to be updated by that same someone.

3. Since playtesting would be public, we'd have to endure the whines of every person on here who didn't like the changes or didn't want the card to be cut. [sarcasm]That sounds great to me![/sarcasm]

Or, how about this? You don't like the cards that are coming out, apply to be a playtester. Then you'll be in on the changes, and the rest of us can see the final product without all the messiness.
How is that stupid??? Put the cards on a pdf let people playtest the cards and get feed back every week or so. If Maelwys or whoever doesn't want to do that then shame on them for not. Why not make this game that we all come to play even better with more playtesting??? Remember this is not Decipher Jadia....

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
I think you missed the point.
those who volunteer their time to playtest commit to providing constructive feedback, opening up 'play testing' to the entire community would lead to 1M different opinions trying to decide on a card. when would we release the cards? when every last person is happy with every last card?

i.e. 6 years of play testing/ re-wording/ re-testing...etc

the point was, if you feel that you can provide helpful constructive criticism, apply to be a play tester. the play testers we have now commit to providing feedback on all cards, its a pretty arduous task.
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
MidnightLich wrote:I do apologize for (repeatedly) letting Mr. Mudd slip down the priority list. We will come back to him, I assure you of that.
Mud. Slip. He he.

Sounds like he won't be in Iron.
Seanshank wrote:Put the cards on a pdf let people playtest the cards and get feed back every week or so. If Maelwys or whoever doesn't want to do that then shame on them for not.
Sounds like at least one of us doesn't know how much work this is for someone that will result in few overall results adn take cards much longer to get out.

Why stop at game text? What about pictures? Lore?

Faithful Reader

Wird erledigt : ). Es war übrigens wirklich[…]

I suspect that’s the usual forum badges you […]

Zwei Turniere und das schon im März ... Das L[…]

Is it now that we talk about the dream card forum?[…]