Home of the third annual You Make The Card contest, where the community designs a card for an upcoming Virtual Expansion!

By Seanshank
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Honestly this has been insane that this topic hasn't even been mention for days... Are we going to get wotc going again or just the BIG shots going to keep making every card for TCC?

By chompers (Steve Hartmann)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
1E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
2E Australian Continental Semi-Finalist 2019
Given the last effort didnt work out I doubt we will see it again -- at least not in its current format :twocents:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
WOTC1: All consuming evil - Made TT piles go from rediculous to REDONKULOUS.
WOTC2: Virtual reality headset - Had a huge part in ruining a worlds for a small portion of the community.
WOTC3: Mudd - A card so powerful it was banned before it was released to the public. (killed in playtesting).

Unfortunately, we the players have a habit of designing cards that a fun, interesting and broken as hell. I'm pretty happy leaving design for the designers, they know what they are doing.
First Edition Art Manager
By jjh (Johnny Holeva)
 - First Edition Art Manager
 -  
Shanebrier wrote:WOTC1: All consuming evil - Made TT piles go from rediculous to REDONKULOUS.
All-Consuming Evil is the worst dilemma in the environment. Poorly cost, confusing, and easily recursive.

And that's the best WotC card.

By Lejo
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Seanshank wrote:
Honest wrote:Hopefully just the bigshots
The bigshots run this game....it's time the PLAYERS OF 2E help make this game be GREAT again...
I tried hard to let this slide...*

Players of 2E ALREADY DO make this game great - through the planning, design, playtest, and production process - not a bunch of tyrannical men repressing the community at large who play 2E any less than you or I.

Now settle down, Paul Revere, and enjoy the fact that we have the opportunity to still enjoy playing Trek.

*Guess I didn't try hard enough.

By Seanshank
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
JoelBray wrote:
Seanshank wrote:
Honest wrote:Hopefully just the bigshots
The bigshots run this game....it's time the PLAYERS OF 2E help make this game be GREAT again...
I tried hard to let this slide...*

Players of 2E ALREADY DO make this game great - through the planning, design, playtest, and production process - not a bunch of tyrannical men repressing the community at large who play 2E any less than you or I.

Now settle down, Paul Revere, and enjoy the fact that we have the opportunity to still enjoy playing Trek.

*Guess I didn't try hard enough.
The past 3-4 sets, the game has had issues with more cards than ever before, One BIG REASON is the fact that there is NO public playtesting. It's all a big f'n secret. There's plenty of people that would love to playtest the game and help make the game continue to Thrive again. The past 2 years it has not. I can see there being a "surprise" when the new stuff comes out. Just have more playtest with more people and get more advise on the new stuff and fix the current meta things would be alot more "smooth".

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Sean, I don't often flat out say this to people but you are wrong. The CC puts out a call for playtesters every year and I very much doubt that they turn people down that often. If so many people want to test, then why aren't they? The people you're talking about are more likely to be armchair commentators that have no idea how time consuming play testing can actually be.

Publicly playtesting the cards is an even worse idea. Just look at the amount of complaining on a single recent -minor- change to a card in restore errant moon. Everyone has a different idea of what it should be and how powerful it is. If we all got to have input into every new card, nothing would ever get done.

Also, I thought the last 3 sets were pretty good, what were the issues that you had with these sets?
First Edition Art Manager
By jjh (Johnny Holeva)
 - First Edition Art Manager
 -  
Seanshank wrote:The past 3-4 sets, the game has had issues with more cards than ever before
Sean, I'm trying to understand your perspective.

Taking into account the three sanctioned 2E games you've played in 2011 and 2012, what specific escalating issues do you see occuring?

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Seanshank wrote:The past 3-4 sets, the game has had issues with more cards than ever before
jjh wrote:Sean, I'm trying to understand your perspective.

Taking into account the three sanctioned 2E games you've played in 2011 and 2012, what specific escalating issues do you see occuring?
Ooh, burn!

By Seanshank
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
jjh wrote:
Sean, I'm trying to understand your perspective.

Do i have to go to santioned 2E tournaments or any kind of tournaments to find out what is wrong or what is needed for any kind of game? I play lots of games online on Skype and i've done a few on lackey but i prefer Skype over lackey. I have a roommate and 2 others who live not to far from me and we get together almost every week and play games.

What issues do i have for the state of the game? Many....

1. REM was a major issue i've had for quite awhile. Now with the new changes it's still pretty easy to complete. This weekend i will of course be playing REM and if i have some extra time over the weekend i'll explain what i've found. The best soluation would have been to lower the point value of the mission to 35. More and more people right now are going for the 40 point missions and i'm sure the way i see the distant future this is a glispe of what's to come for Worlds 2012.

2. Laura, was another but that's been fixed.

3.Kressari Rendezvous, This is one that still blows my mind why in hell have they never changed this mission to hand weapons that have a cost of 1 or more.

4. Quintessence, When you have 2 or more of this card, it's really a Goddess for setting up Back to Basics. Making it Unique would help plus [Bor] don't need anymore than one of these in play. It works great with just one.

5. Back to Basics, This dilemma should be removed from the game after it's been used.

6.Seven of Nine, Efficient Analyst: I know with FOW she is really good but she is still good and should get the axe for once each turn for her abilitys.

7.Leonard H. McCoy, Chief Medical Officer: With him and Shran who can just keep getting back Legacy, he should just be for when a mission is completed. Time will tell for this one but it's on my list.

8.Legacy, this one is still a very powerful card. I think remove from the game after it's been used would be fine. It might even change my mind with Leonard McCoy.

If i still lived in the Bay i would be going to much more tournaments. Hopefully that will change soon. It is nice that i do have a few peeps up here that do play and love to play 2E. My ultimate goal is to make 2E a better game than yesterday. The past few sets has not done that. I know i bash about what's going on with the game but in no means i'm i putting down the people that make this GREAT game. I believe 2E is the best balanced card game out there right now and has been for many years. I believe playtesting needs to be more public and the more testing of cards the less issues we would have for over powered cards going in the meta.

By Seanshank
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Danny wrote:
jjh wrote:Sean, I'm trying to understand your perspective.

Ooh, burn!
OUCH!
Question for noob

I still think I'm misunderstanding TMW. By saying […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]