Home of the third annual You Make The Card contest, where the community designs a card for an upcoming Virtual Expansion!
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Iron Mike wrote:Haggling is irrelevant.

Deals are futile.
You will shop at Crazy Four of Three's Implant Emporium. (?)

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Faithful Reader wrote:
SirDan wrote:Maybe Will of the Collective IV should be a new Tribble?

Is there any specific reason why the Tribbles World Champion doesn't get to design a card?
I am perfectly fine with the notion that, at present, the Tribbles design team consists of Dan Hamman, Neil Timmons, Will Hoskin and Greg Dillon.
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Ought to put my son Ian on the design team, he's had a few good ideas :)
Shipping Manager
By SirDan (Dan Hamman)
 - Shipping Manager
 -  
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
Faithful Reader wrote:Is there any specific reason why the Tribbles World Champion doesn't get to design a card?
I think this is a silly prize.

By Frimmel
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
What would an event that any faction could use do? That would be a pretty significant meta changer wouldn't it? Unless it were something on the lines of Optimism. What does every faction need to do but doesn't have a way to do it?
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
Frimmel wrote:What would an event that any faction could use do? That would be a pretty significant meta changer wouldn't it? Unless it were something on the lines of Optimism. What does every faction need to do but doesn't have a way to do it?
I bet that'd be a Q card.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Not for nothing, but Magic just started their Make a Card 4.

We don't want to fall behind those Magic players, do we?

By Smiley (Cristoffer Wiker)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Could we maybe split this into 1E and 2E as it gets crazy after a while. Let's just agree on that the games are different and needs different solutions.

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Frimmel wrote:So I was looking at a Yesterday's Enterprise theme deck with Enterpise D, Battleship and [AU] [TNG] could use their own engagement card or engagement facilitating card or even just something like this.

I know there is the new Rachel to stop a fight and several generic start a fights but could all factions use some sort of start a fight/run away from a fight/help in a fight card?
Most have at least one such card. I think it's part of the [Fed] (and [SF] ) flavour that they have no such card.

By Frimmel
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
nobthehobbit wrote:
Frimmel wrote:So I was looking at a Yesterday's Enterprise theme deck with Enterpise D, Battleship and [AU] [TNG] could use their own engagement card or engagement facilitating card or even just something like this.

I know there is the new Rachel to stop a fight and several generic start a fights but could all factions use some sort of start a fight/run away from a fight/help in a fight card?
Most have at least one such card. I think it's part of the [Fed] (and [SF] ) flavour that they have no such card.
I get the flavor thing but maybe something keyed off [AU] for the various Mirror decks. Or maybe something where if you don't lose an engagement your opponent started you get bonus of some type.

Just throwing stuff out there. :)
Second Edition Creative Manager
By Triumph (Jonathan)
 - Second Edition Creative Manager
 -  
Adventurer
I've tried to figure out how to say this in a productive way. I posted once, deleted it, then started another post and didn't post it. Now I'm trying again.

I have no faith in WotC anymore. The first card it was produced was of...questionable power. The second was deemed broken and was revised into obscurity. The third...I disagree extremely vehemently with the choices of the voting public. I think it led to a card that, while not broken like its predecessor, is a terrible card that will see little play. Given the Collective's first three collective failures (though I will at least credit ACE as being somewhat creative), I don't see WotC as being good for the game. If more participation by the public in the design in strongly desired by the public, I'd rather see the CC run MiS again, or issue more design-a-card prizes. I think getting individuals involved, as individuals, is less likely to result in jumbled messes - such cards can be the work of one vision (at least at the outset - of course Design and playtesters will then shape it further) rather a confusing clamor. WotC 3 fuses a character (Mudd) with an element he had nothing do with (we never saw him doing commodities trading / dealing bulk goods like Tulaberry Wine) and then combines with an unrelated gameplay element (the personnel who like being randomly selected aren't prime for a Commodities deck) for something that is unhelpful to thief decks, to commodities decks, and yet requires too much commodity commitment to just splash in decks with good "if randomly selected" personnel. It's a bad card, as best I can tell.

This is just my :twocents: on 2E design - I have no knowledge or opinion of 1E, and won't comment on whether it should have WotC still. I hope I'm not insulting anyone who loves the new Mudd. I'm also not trying to insult Design - I think they made the best of a bad lot, working with what the public gave them. What I am doing is criticizing the WotC process. I hope this is constructive.

By Lejo
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Triumph wrote:I've tried to figure out how to say this in a productive way. I posted once, deleted it, then started another post and didn't post it. Now I'm trying again.

I have no faith in WotC anymore. The first card it was produced was of...questionable power. The second was deemed broken and was revised into obscurity. The third...I disagree extremely vehemently with the choices of the voting public. I think it led to a card that, while not broken like its predecessor, is a terrible card that will see little play. Given the Collective's first three collective failures (though I will at least credit ACE as being somewhat creative), I don't see WotC as being good for the game. If more participation by the public in the design in strongly desired by the public, I'd rather see the CC run MiS again, or issue more design-a-card prizes. I think getting individuals involved, as individuals, is less likely to result in jumbled messes - such cards can be the work of one vision (at least at the outset - of course Design and playtesters will then shape it further) rather a confusing clamor. WotC 3 fuses a character (Mudd) with an element he had nothing do with (we never saw him doing commodities trading / dealing bulk goods like Tulaberry Wine) and then combines with an unrelated gameplay element (the personnel who like being randomly selected aren't prime for a Commodities deck) for something that is unhelpful to thief decks, to commodities decks, and yet requires too much commodity commitment to just splash in decks with good "if randomly selected" personnel. It's a bad card, as best I can tell.

This is just my :twocents: on 2E design - I have no knowledge or opinion of 1E, and won't comment on whether it should have WotC still. I hope I'm not insulting anyone who loves the new Mudd. I'm also not trying to insult Design - I think they made the best of a bad lot, working with what the public gave them. What I am doing is criticizing the WotC process. I hope this is constructive.
Agreed.

By chompers (Steve Hartmann)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
2E Australian Continental Semi-Finalist 2019
Triumph wrote:I've tried to figure out how to say this in a productive way. I posted once, deleted it, then started another post and didn't post it. Now I'm trying again.

We could design a Klingon Borg Queen that helps Dominion solve missions in the Delta Quadrant. Something for everyone.

Is it now that we talk about the dream card forum?[…]

German Nationals 2024 (1E)

Done. Your complete decklist. Can't have your […]

Unser Turnier in Köln gestern war ebenfalls[…]

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]