Home of the third annual You Make The Card contest, where the community designs a card for an upcoming Virtual Expansion!

Start A new WOTC?

YES! LET'S DO THIS!
25%
NO!!! NEVER!!! LET IT GO!!!
66%
Let's talk about it and see what happens.
9%

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
It's time we start a convo and see about getting this up and going again! I believe it's time we find the right people to make another "Will of the Collective". :)

Who's with me?
Last edited by time4achange on Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

By Iron Mike
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
2E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
What do you mean by "right people?"

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Iron Mike wrote:What do you mean by "right people?"
People who are committed to this project. Not some half ass sh*t. We don't need another WOTC III. Let's make this something that will be positive for the game.

By Iron Mike
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
2E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
Didn't you just describe the group of people known as design?

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Iron Mike wrote:Didn't you just describe the group of people known as design?
Did you see what they designed in WOTC III? We need Hammers for this project, Not sticks and stones.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
The last three WotCs were disastrous. Let's not go there again.

Sent through subspace from the U.S.S. Enterprise.
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
jadziadax8 wrote:The last three WotCs were disastrous. Let's not go there again.
Wouldn't go that far. They've just morphed into other projects (Make it So, Follow that Card, etc.)

By Komitadji
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
It seems like a fun process for a lot of people in the community to build a card together. I totally understand the reticence, but still. Even though it didn't result in great, balanced cards, that shouldn't devalue the process. Maybe a personnel or ship would turn out better.
Second Edition Creative Manager
By Triumph (Jonathan)
 - Second Edition Creative Manager
 -  
Adventurer
WotC has produced one broken card (equipment), one card crazy-powerful-to-the-point-of-being-obnoxious card (dilemma), and one lame card that no one plays (personnel). Why do we want to do this again???

After looking at the results of the first three WotCs, I have no faith that the process has any potential to produce good 2E cards. I'd have to hear to some *really* good arguments for why round 4 would be different and how you'd make sure it turns out better before I'd consider supporting such a thing.

If "we" the 2E community really want more "popular" participation in design, I'd much rather lobby for another iteration of Make It So, a system where the public definitely gets to exert influence (either by being contestants or by voting on the contestants) and which I believe has been quite successful at elevating some excellent designers to positions of influence.

By chompers (Steve Hartmann)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
2E Australian Continental Semi-Finalist 2019
[S] * Construct Starship
[AQ] 30
2 Engineer, Physics, Transporters and Cunning >32
At the start of your turn, if opponent has a ship in play and you do not, you may download a non-unique ship (even from your discard pile or if it has been removed from the game).

Any affiliation may attempt this mission
Span 3

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
chompers wrote:[S] * Construct Starship
[AQ] 30
2 Engineer, Physics, Transporters and Cunning >32
At the start of your turn, if opponent has a ship in play and you do not, you may download a non-unique ship (even from your discard pile or if it has been removed from the game).

Any affiliation may attempt this mission
Span 3
I like it! I love the idea! :thumbsup:
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
All-Consuming Evil is a the type of card that should be getting designed, instead of nerfing 10 year old cards because design can't better Necessary Evil cards.

By Komitadji
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
In other words, All-Consuming Evil wouldn't be seen as such a problem if there were other powerful cards surrounding it? I don't disagree with that at all. I like powerful dilemmas, and each affiliation should have powerful cards within their own flavour. That would make for a better game.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Architect
The problem with ACE is that it takes what should be a drawback and turns it into a bonus. I'm not opposed to players finding creative ways to mitigate or even get an advantage from what should be a drawback, but ACE is as blunt as a baseball bat.

As for Will of the Collective, I quote James Tiberius Kirk: "Let them die."
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
GooeyChewie wrote:The problem with ACE is that it takes what should be a drawback and turns it into a bonus. I'm not opposed to players finding creative ways to mitigate or even get an advantage from what should be a drawback, but ACE is as blunt as a baseball bat.

As for Will of the Collective, I quote James Tiberius Kirk: "Let them die."
Like how Bajorans take what should be a draw back, discarding cards, and turns it into a bonus? It's called not having a boring game, ACE is good.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]