Home of the third annual You Make The Card contest, where the community designs a card for an upcoming Virtual Expansion!

By robbie4boy (Robin Bielefeldt)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
There should be a card for the ability of Galaxy and Sovereign Class ships to separate.
Something like a Galaxy-class star drive ship card with stats like 7-10-9 and can download the Galaxy-class saucer with 5-5-9.
Same for the Sovereign but with 8-11-10 stats for the star drive and 5-5-10 for the saucer.
Make it a captain's order and design tactics for my battle bridge side deck.
Has noone thought of this before?

-  
robbie4boy wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:07 am There should be a card for the ability of Galaxy and Sovereign Class ships to separate.
Something like a Galaxy-class star drive ship card with stats like 7-10-9 and can download the Galaxy-class saucer with 5-5-9.
Same for the Sovereign but with 8-11-10 stats for the star drive and 5-5-10 for the saucer.
Make it a captain's order and design tactics for my battle bridge side deck.
Has noone thought of this before?
I actually recently designed a card like this, I didn't include Sovereign as an option simply because after doing research, there is no mention of a saucer sep on that class ship. I didn't use those exact stats I don't think for it. I can send you the dream cards for it if you like

By boromirofborg (Trek Barnes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Since the Saucer section does not have warp drive on its own, any range is fairly problematic. Maybe a range of 1 and "Can only move within regions"

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
In some of my dream cards I give the keyword "in system only" to ships that don't have faster than light capabilities. I am working on a better keyword since that is very funky possibly "sublight"

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
boromirofborg wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:57 am Since the Saucer section does not have warp drive on its own, any range is fairly problematic. Maybe a range of 1 and "Can only move within regions"
I dunno... how far was the Q net from Deneb IV? The saucer section seemed to be able to make it to the Farpoint Colony fast enough.

But we all know that spaceships travel at the speed of plot over all in-universe considerations, so how much does it *really* matter if we give a saucer range 5 or whatever?

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
I seem to recall reading something in the TNG Technical Manual about the saucer section of a Galaxy-class ship having a warp drive, but I read that book decades ago now and only dimly recall it, and I've never seen it mentioned elsewhere.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
saucer is impulse only. No warp drive.

i'd see this more as a verb to protect personnel than a ship of its own.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
nobthehobbit wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:35 pm I seem to recall reading something in the TNG Technical Manual about the saucer section of a Galaxy-class ship having a warp drive, but I read that book decades ago now and only dimly recall it, and I've never seen it mentioned elsewhere.
And you didn't reach behind you on the bookshelf to look it up?

(Doesn't everyone have the TNG Tech Manual on the shelf right behind them? Only me? Oh. :D)

Short answer: the saucer "coasts" on the residual warp field if it separates at warp. Book says two minutes, so either they were very close to Farpoint or they changed their mind.

But I think we've already crossed this bridge anyway - TOS and Enterprise shuttles 100% don't have warp, and they have RANGE 4 and 2 respectively.
Thermokinetic explosion

It would hit because your total attibutes at the t[…]

1EFQ: Random Releases

I'll add one more thing. If this becomes more of[…]

Klingon Neelix ponderings

I am collecting data at this point. Someone aske[…]

Keep in mind that it doesn't stop anyone itself, m[…]