Home of the third annual You Make The Card contest, where the community designs a card for an upcoming Virtual Expansion!
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
Smiley wrote:
KazonPADD wrote:Personally, I voted for Data. I'm a 1E player and I've always loved TNG characters, but their skills don't do them justice compared with more modern cards.

As a character, Data's skill level's should outstrip everyone. He's been a matching commander for the Enterprise ("Gambit", demonstrating Leadership and Diplomacy), he can (with little or no prompting) tell you boring details of another cultures traditions and behaviours (Anthropology), created another Soong-type Android (Cybernetics / [DL] Lal) and HOW has the scientific mastermind of the NCC-1701-D never been given the skill of SCIENCE?

And if ANY character ever deserved Computer Skill x 3, it's Data (given the numerous and unwarranted Computer Skill x 2 personnel out there who are clearly inferior to him)! Let's give him a Persona to fill the holes in his 1E skill set!
So you'r talking about pure and unadulterated power creep that will make the old Data even less used? Or just a version with a new skill set the Old data didn't have?

Because I could get behind the second version of this.
Definitely meant an uber super Data!

By The Mad Vulcan (J)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
For purposes of avoiding power creep and a binder fodder version of Data. The same effect could be done with events which act as upgrades. I.E. Data's Emotion Chip could be made as an upgrade which showed the growth he made post TV series. As such, Data could become overpowered but at the cost of multiple card plays (balance).

It could also be done via persona swap.
Thermokinetic explosion

The question is: if I fly to a 3 span space missio[…]

1EFQ: Random Releases

I'll add one more thing. If this becomes more of[…]

Klingon Neelix ponderings

I am collecting data at this point. Someone aske[…]

Keep in mind that it doesn't stop anyone itself, m[…]