Home of the third annual You Make The Card contest, where the community designs a card for an upcoming Virtual Expansion!
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Welcome to Will of the Collective 3, where you - the community - will design and develop a new card for our favorite card game!

This year, the process will be co-hosted by myself and Mr. Thomas Schneider (thsch) to ensure it's smooth and consistent. We're looking forward to working with you and the design teams to create not one, but two new cards - one for Second Edition, and one for First Edition!

In 2008 and 2009, we used what's known as "bottom-up" design - writing the game play first, and matching story to the card later. So far, we've made a dilemma and an equipment. This year, we're mixing it all up and we're going to make either a personnel or a ship using "top-down" design.

In "top-down" design, you start with a bit of story (an image, a title, a quote, a character) and you develop game text to match. In my opinion, "top-down" design is significantly harder that "bottom-up," because you can easily get led astray trying to make the card exactly match the story.

I think that most of the "best" cards in the games come from "bottom-up." However, with a game like Trek that's based on a property, you have to make cards using "top-down" design in order to capture the moments people really want to see.

Still, it's a hard process. In order to make it easier, and to ensure we're doing something in WotC3 we haven't done before, we'll be making either a personnel or a ship - for both editions of the game. And we're inviting you to submit ideas for which personnel (or ship) we should make!

You have until next Friday morning to submit your ideas, so hit up that article and enter your suggestions! It's time to get the ball rolling, and we need you to start us off!

Feel free to post ideas, suggestions, and questions here, and we'll do our best to answer!

-crp

By The Mad Vulcan (J)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
MidnightLich wrote:...and one for First Edition!
Dude. :cheersR:

By TyKajada (Alexander Schmitz)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Call me crazy.. but I actually voted for Kathryn Janeway. Wasn't she part of the Borg Collective for a short while?

With an interesting gametext boosting Borg at [DQ] missions, a [Bor] version of Janeway could be a great opportunity to make Borg [DQ] decks a valid choice again.. kinda tired seeing Annexation Drone in all Borg decks.
:)

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
My first thoughts are for a non-unique [NA] personnel so that it can show up in multiple decks. I also got on the thought of a non-unique who recieves a bonus for having multiple copies in play. Like "This character is attributes +3 for each <insert person name here> present.

This led me to the idea of another of the Lore/Hugh [NA] borg? or maybe someone that was a clone?

Just my first thoughts. we'll see what else the gears turn.

Mark
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
ZodoJats wrote:Are you after one suggestion per person?
Correct. After all the suggestions are made, we'll put them together, remove anything that would be impossible or impractical, and post the list for you guys to vote on!

-crp

By bortz65
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Yeah, It should be a [NA] NA personnell of some sort, so that people who only play a couple affiliations can use it and still be interested in taking part in WOTCol III.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
TyKajada wrote:Call me crazy.. but I actually voted for Kathryn Janeway. Wasn't she part of the Borg Collective for a short while?

With an interesting gametext boosting Borg at [DQ] missions, a [Bor] version of Janeway could be a great opportunity to make Borg [DQ] decks a valid choice again.. kinda tired seeing Annexation Drone in all Borg decks.
:)
This idea I love, although in WotC, I don't think it'll go too far - people's comment show them to generally be anti 'cards that only benefit a single affiliation', especially one that's already strong (the end result of VRH being the obvious exception). Also, she would work better as part of a "team" (along with Assimilated Tuvok and Torres) rather than as a stand alone personnel.

On an unrelated note, I thought Hoss-Drone had a hand in running the show this time around?

By Iron Mike
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
2E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
Christopher Pike.

By Smiley (Cristoffer Wiker)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
I've always wanted to see the Cooking Klingon from the DS9 promenade (and probably a site to go with him). He has been missed for far to long.

And I do believe that he is working for the Klingon Intelligence to gather information for the glory of the Klingon Empire!

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Danny wrote: .

On an unrelated note, I thought Hoss-Drone had a hand in running the show this time around?

I was going to but my life schedule right now is crazy busy. If it wasn't for multi-tasking at work I wouldnt have had the time to write the two articles that I will be putting out here soon.

New homeownership, a full-time overnight job and overtime every week not to mention actually having me time and time for the wife.....keeping me very busy right now. Just cross your fingers for me that I get the job promotion I interviewed for and I go back to a salaried day position.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Hoss-Drone wrote:I was going to but my life schedule right now is crazy busy. If it wasn't for multi-tasking at work I wouldnt have had the time to write the two articles that I will be putting out here soon.

New homeownership, a full-time overnight job and overtime every week not to mention actually having me time and time for the wife.....keeping me very busy right now. Just cross your fingers for me that I get the job promotion I interviewed for and I go back to a salaried day position.
Righto.

In that case, Good luck. :thumbsup:

By Iron Mike
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
2E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
I'm going to flesh out my decision to suggest Pike:

Christopher Pike is a unique character in Star Trek history, because of his appearance in the original pilot. The pilot is one of the greatest pieces of Star Trek history, and Pike's at the centre of it.

Christopher Pike in one episode had more depth than most of the Voyager cast. But since nothing was ever fleshed out, he exists mainly in the hearts of the fans, as we see the potential that was never explored. That's why he would be the ideal WoTC card. The character that truly belongs to the fans, being made by the fans.

By Brad
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Iron Mike wrote:Christopher Pike.

Cannot happen. Jeffrey Hunter was at odds with paramount. At decipher we were encouraged to rush all good things to get it published before his agreement with them expired. He indicated he would block any attempts to use his image after that date.

I would not want to use the image of an actor who didn't want his image used.

By ZodoJats
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Here are my ideas so far:

U.S.S Relativity, or Seven of Nine from the episode
I would kinda want all the Relativity guys/ship to come out at once though, so maybe not.

Dulmer and Lucsly
These guys would be really cool - but I guess they'd have to be two separate personnel, so that doesn't really work.

Garak
I'd like to see another Garak for DS9 - perhaps one from In The Pale Moonlight?

The Pendari Champion
Just coz he rocks.

One
the future borg drone

Kurros
Although it would be better to see all the think tank come out at once

U.S.S Pegasus
with Interphase Generator

Lily Sloane
might be interesting

That's what I've thought of so far. I have no idea which one I'll submit though.
German Nationals 2024 (1E)

Done. Your complete decklist. Can't have your […]

Unser Turnier in Köln gestern war ebenfalls[…]

Both these ideas have elements that interest me as[…]

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]