Home of the third annual You Make The Card contest, where the community designs a card for an upcoming Virtual Expansion!
Second Edition Creative Manager
By Triumph (Jonathan)
 - Second Edition Creative Manager
 -  
Adventurer
Ooh, One sounds like a great idea!

I might change my vote....

By Iron Mike
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
2E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
Brad wrote:
Iron Mike wrote:Christopher Pike.

Cannot happen. Jeffrey Hunter was at odds with paramount. At decipher we were encouraged to rush all good things to get it published before his agreement with them expired. He indicated he would block any attempts to use his image after that date.

I would not want to use the image of an actor who didn't want his image used.
Oh, bummer.

I that case, I'll change my vote to Kurros. George Costanza must live in 2E!

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Brad wrote:Cannot happen. Jeffrey Hunter was at odds with paramount. At decipher we were encouraged to rush all good things to get it published before his agreement with them expired. He indicated he would block any attempts to use his image after that date.

Is this still a problem even though he died forty years ago?

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
ZodoJats wrote: U.S.S Pegasus
with Interphase Generator
Was the ship ever actually shown? I don't think there would be an image for this one.
Lily Sloane
might be interesting
I like this suggestion.

By Smiley (Cristoffer Wiker)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Just a question. Will there be the same card for both editions or will they be different?

If they would be the same could we try to make something that we didn't already have in 1E? I know you guys in 2E like your copies of personnel (I've seen the amount of Kiras you guys have) But for us in 1E we would rather just see a new personnel or ship that we didn't already have a card of.

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
My vote would be Harry Mudd.
- He doesn't exist in either 1E or 2E
- He'd be Non-Aligned (so potential to go into most decks)
- He's a fun character (lots of chances for interesting gametext)
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Smiley wrote:Just a question. Will there be the same card for both editions or will they be different?

If they would be the same could we try to make something that we didn't already have in 1E? I know you guys in 2E like your copies of personnel (I've seen the amount of Kiras you guys have) But for us in 1E we would rather just see a new personnel or ship that we didn't already have a card of.
The plan is for them to be the same, and to develop them together until we can't.

Remember, at this stage, we're just collecting suggestions. Next week, we'll parse through all the suggestions and pick between five and ten for you to choose from.

-crp

By Smiley (Cristoffer Wiker)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Maelwys wrote:My vote would be Harry Mudd.
- He doesn't exist in either 1E or 2E
- He'd be Non-Aligned (so potential to go into most decks)
- He's a fun character (lots of chances for interesting gametext)
And his special ability would be to get caught and to escape every time right =)

By The Mad Vulcan (J)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I'm not much for the idea of making one card that can work for both editions. It could work, but seems like a burden for the designing process.

However, the Relativity would be great in 1E. As it would be the first ship that could freely fly between time locations (no Temporal Vortex needed).

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
The Mad Vulcan wrote:I'm not much for the idea of making one card that can work for both editions.
If you look closely, that's not what Charlie said.
"The plan is for them to be the same, and to develop them together until we can't."

In other words, we might pick the card-name together, and the persona (moment of time we want to capture), even the skills (if it's a personnel), maybe the image and lore... but once it starts to get down to things like attributes and gametext or special icons, the card will split into two and the last details will be put on each edition separately as is appropriate.

By bortz65
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Danny wrote:
Brad wrote:Cannot happen. Jeffrey Hunter was at odds with paramount. At decipher we were encouraged to rush all good things to get it published before his agreement with them expired. He indicated he would block any attempts to use his image after that date.

Is this still a problem even though he died forty years ago?

I assume Brad meant Jeffrey Hunter's relatives (children??) who control his estate. (Jeffrey Hunter died of a stroke in 1969.)

By The Mad Vulcan (J)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Maelwys wrote:
The Mad Vulcan wrote:I'm not much for the idea of making one card that can work for both editions.
If you look closely, that's not what Charlie said.
"The plan is for them to be the same, and to develop them together until we can't."

In other words, we might pick the card-name together, and the persona (moment of time we want to capture), even the skills (if it's a personnel), maybe the image and lore... but once it starts to get down to things like attributes and gametext or special icons, the card will split into two and the last details will be put on each edition separately as is appropriate.
That is where I see the flaw, as many of the suggestions from 2E players are cards that already exist in 1E.

On the other hand, it would be cool to see how different developmental processes take a card in different directions. I am mostly just concerned that the 1E base will be outvoted in the theme selection portion (or vise versa), thereby giving one or the other group less to work with.

However, it is far too early to speculate.
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
Personally, I voted for Data. I'm a 1E player and I've always loved TNG characters, but their skills don't do them justice compared with more modern cards.

As a character, Data's skill level's should outstrip everyone. He's been a matching commander for the Enterprise ("Gambit", demonstrating Leadership and Diplomacy), he can (with little or no prompting) tell you boring details of another cultures traditions and behaviours (Anthropology), created another Soong-type Android (Cybernetics / [DL] Lal) and HOW has the scientific mastermind of the NCC-1701-D never been given the skill of SCIENCE?

And if ANY character ever deserved Computer Skill x 3, it's Data (given the numerous and unwarranted Computer Skill x 2 personnel out there who are clearly inferior to him)! Let's give him a Persona to fill the holes in his 1E skill set!

Is it now that we talk about the dream card forum?[…]

German Nationals 2024 (1E)

Done. Your complete decklist. Can't have your […]

Unser Turnier in Köln gestern war ebenfalls[…]

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]