Home of the third annual You Make The Card contest, where the community designs a card for an upcoming Virtual Expansion!
Second Edition Creative Manager
By Triumph (Jonathan)
 - Second Edition Creative Manager
 -  
Adventurer
The Mad Vulcan wrote:That is where I see the flaw, as many of the suggestions from 2E players are cards that already exist in 1E.
Well, while I'm only one person, I will keep in mind this concern when the voting comes up, and if cards like the Relativity, or Mr. Mudd, are options (or other cards that some identifies as not being currently available in 1E), I'll consider a point in favor of voting for them. As big as Trek is, there still ought to be plenty of interesting card options that don't exist in either game yet.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I would like too see a new and useful version of kahn from the wrath of kahn...maybe over that boosts other genetically enhanced people?

By Abbalon
 -  
My hope is only one thing:

That it is not Kira Nerys. I suggest i speak for all of us.
Feeled 50 Kiras are enough.

My vote would be "Hikaru Sulu, Barbarian Father" or
"Peter Kirk, Rebellious Nephew" from Star Trek Phase II or
"Leonard H. McCoy, Stripped to Bones" from Star Trek 11

For the ship i would prefer

"Species 8472, Defender of Fluidic Space"
Last edited by Maelwys on Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: DC image removed
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
Even as a 1E player, a fourth Kira for us would be grasping at straws in terms of useful gameplay.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
I should have said this earlier, but Star Trek (2009) is off-limits.

-crp

By Smiley (Cristoffer Wiker)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
KazonPADD wrote:Personally, I voted for Data. I'm a 1E player and I've always loved TNG characters, but their skills don't do them justice compared with more modern cards.

As a character, Data's skill level's should outstrip everyone. He's been a matching commander for the Enterprise ("Gambit", demonstrating Leadership and Diplomacy), he can (with little or no prompting) tell you boring details of another cultures traditions and behaviours (Anthropology), created another Soong-type Android (Cybernetics / [DL] Lal) and HOW has the scientific mastermind of the NCC-1701-D never been given the skill of SCIENCE?

And if ANY character ever deserved Computer Skill x 3, it's Data (given the numerous and unwarranted Computer Skill x 2 personnel out there who are clearly inferior to him)! Let's give him a Persona to fill the holes in his 1E skill set!
So you'r talking about pure and unadulterated power creep that will make the old Data even less used? Or just a version with a new skill set the Old data didn't have?

Because I could get behind the second version of this.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Reginald Barclay - he's only got one incarnation in STCCG and it's fairly poor (he's a weak Astrometrics Lab). Plus, there's plenty of stuff to choose from: First Contact, Nth Degree, Pathfinder, Endgame.

I know in all likelihood it would make him TNG (or, in the event of the last two episodes, Earth/maybe even Voyager), but is that such a bad thing?
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Maelwys wrote:My vote would be Harry Mudd.
- He doesn't exist in either 1E or 2E
- He'd be Non-Aligned (so potential to go into most decks)
- He's a fun character (lots of chances for interesting gametext)
I noticed that when we designed together too. We always had the same ideas. He was my nomination too.

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
I went for the Negh'Var, but if it's going to be the same card for both editions, I've changed that to Lt. Leslie. (Of course, if Paskey also had a problem with his image being used, I'll change that again. And didn't Harry Mudd's and Cyrano Jones' actors/estates--Roger C. Carmel and Stanley Adams respectively--refuse to approve the use of their images? At least I seem to recall hearing something about this when people asked why D wasn't making cards of Harry Mudd and Cyrano Jones.)

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Thad Okona, Kyril Flynn and the entire group from Angel One dont have cards in either edition. Also, would probably be NA so all but Borg would potentially be able to use.

By Goran
 -  
Danny wrote:Reginald Barclay - he's only got one incarnation in STCCG and it's fairly poor (he's a weak Astrometrics Lab). Plus, there's plenty of stuff to choose from: First Contact, Nth Degree, Pathfinder, Endgame.

I know in all likelihood it would make him TNG (or, in the event of the last two episodes, Earth/maybe even Voyager), but is that such a bad thing?

I´m also vote for Barclay, as a Dwight Schulz Fan :wink:
50 Kiras and 1 Barclay isnt fair.

My second vote goes to Gillian Taylor from ST 4, she can be a Non-Aligned.

And for Fun i vote for George und Gracy the two whales from ST 4... i mean they rescued Earth and the entire Federation :D

Henry Starling from Voyager, Future´s End, hes a nice Non-Aligned too.
Thermokinetic explosion

It would hit because your total attibutes at the t[…]

1EFQ: Random Releases

I'll add one more thing. If this becomes more of[…]

Klingon Neelix ponderings

I am collecting data at this point. Someone aske[…]

Keep in mind that it doesn't stop anyone itself, m[…]