Home of the third annual You Make The Card contest, where the community designs a card for an upcoming Virtual Expansion!
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Foreman wrote:How about Talas, the female andorian from enterprise. I'd love to see more andorians.
Why is the guy who jsut won a contest to be a game designer giving us advice? Apparently the fact that eh won the contest and is already ahrd at work is lost on him. Heck, you could design an entire ninety card expansion based on andorians from the books, comics and resess of your imagination.

And just to be annoyingly entertaining, what kinds of personnel would be implausable or improbable?

Faithful Reader

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
I voted for Mudd, both because I think he should exist and because he is ideal as something everyone can (potentially) use.

What I really want to see are animals damnit! Infact, I could see named pets being a new STCCG trend as neutral personnel.

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Butler_(dog) - Your [AU] personnel gain something
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Porthos - stop your commander personnel to do something
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Spot - Gains a skill required on a dilemma (genesis episode)
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Today is your last day to enter your ideas! We'll take the weekend (or so) to pair the options down, and be back next week to present to you your vote!

So get your ideas in now!

-crp
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Faithful Reader wrote:
Foreman wrote:How about Talas, the female andorian from enterprise. I'd love to see more andorians.
Why is the guy who jsut won a contest to be a game designer giving us advice? Apparently the fact that eh won the contest and is already ahrd at work is lost on him. Heck, you could design an entire ninety card expansion based on andorians from the books, comics and resess of your imagination.

And just to be annoyingly entertaining, what kinds of personnel would be implausable or improbable?

Faithful Reader
Why shouldn't he be involved? He's still a member of the community, as we all are. Everyone has the right to be involved in Will of the Collective!

Some personnel that would be implausible or difficult to execute:

- actors that have refused (in the past) the use of their image
- characters with no acceptable quality screen captures
- cards from non canon sources
- cards that are being planned for an upcoming expansion

Just some examples.

-crp

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
MidnightLich wrote: - actors that have refused (in the past) the use of their image
That's an interesting one, is there a legal reason for this or is it a case of the CC playing as nice as possible? and if it's not an issue, who does this apply to?

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Shanebrier wrote:
MidnightLich wrote: - actors that have refused (in the past) the use of their image
and if it's not an issue, who does this apply to?
As noted upthread, Jeffrey Hunter is one. (The Orion Underworld is another card with Pike that I suppose would've snuck in under the wire like Christopher Pike from All Good Things.) I believe Whoopi Goldberg is another* (though that may have been more that she was very hard to reach for approvals than actually disallowing certain images, though I recall at least one such being mentioned--Gloria from Cleveland?). I also seem to recall Marina Sirtis saying that she wouldn't approve any image of her from "Encounter at Farpoint".

I further seem to recall something about how it was easier to make cards from DS9, Voyager and Enterprise (at least the first of those) because actor contracts for those shows included pre-approval of images, while TOS and TNG contracts didn't. (I'm probably wrong on this.)

*IIRC, during NE reveals it was noted that the image on Guinan, Listener was an image that had been approved by Goldberg way back when but that D hadn't used.

By commdecker (Matthew Zinno)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Arbiter
Community Contributor
If people REALLY want Pike, we could use an image of him in the wheelchair, which is a different actor.

Drat. One suggestion per person? I was working on a whole list. Well, so that my work isn't quite wasted, I'll post several of my ideas here to stir up ideas for other people:

Matt Decker (natch)
Telek R'Mor
Moriarty
Noss
Nero
Number One
Tosk
Tuvix (a single-personnel card that's a version of 2 personae)
Capt. Sanders, or Kortar (since this actor needs a card)
Seska (would love a Maquis version)
Locutus

... and if we can pull an image from a book cover, I'd love to have a card of Vaughn or Shar.
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
First off, apologies to Kieth. I didn't mean to put him out and his input is welcome. But if he wants Andorians, Talas or Smurfs, he's in the one of the best positions of anyone on this board! Him asking for a card is like Hef scoping out college campuses for a date.

In the category of 'will this work,' we've been fortunate enough in the prior incarnations to make cards that fit snugly into the design of the sets. What will happen if we go in a direction compeltely opposite the theme for the set?

Also, since no one had made a really out there suggestion, I submit Gomtuu... as a personnel!

Finally, as no event would be complete without ticking Brad off, anyone else realize that if we make a Chef Riker, Brad will have no choice but to put him in?

Faithful Reader

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Faithful Reader wrote:Finally, as no event would be complete without ticking Brad off, anyone else realize that if we make a Chef Riker, Brad will have no choice but to put him in?
He'll move the conversation/retool the card so that it's Riker from "Time Squared".

By thsch (Thomas Schneider)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Survey number one has come to an end. Thanks to all of you for your participation. We are currently compiling a short list from all the suggestions. As soon as this is done we will ask your opinion and let you decide what card you will design.

Let me say you have made some very interesting suggestions... And some very obscure ones... (Tjark I am looking at you...). Never in my live I was so thankful for Memory Alpha...

I think we have some exciting weeks ahead of us...

Both these ideas have elements that interest me as[…]

Done.

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]

Thermokinetic explosion

It would hit because your total attibutes at the t[…]