Home of the third annual You Make The Card contest, where the community designs a card for an upcoming Virtual Expansion!
  • 99 posts
Second Edition Creative Manager
By Triumph (Jonathan)
 - Second Edition Creative Manager
 -  
Adventurer
I love the idea that this could be Hawking versus Relativity. Truly ironic. :wink:

(I'm voting Relativity, at least for now.)
Shipping Manager
By SirDan (Dan Hamman)
 - Shipping Manager
 -  
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
Triumph wrote:I love the idea that this could be Hawking versus Relativity. Truly ironic. :wink:
Indeed! Makes me think of the iconic 6th track on the 1997 disc, E=MC Hawking, "Wrong Again Albert".
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
[quote="thsch"]Following a wish that a lot of you expressed you will find only a few characters on this list that already have a card. Most of them will be brand new both for First and Second Edition![quote]

Who are you to decide this? The entire point of this is for the committee as a whole to decide on a card. If we don't want an eighty-fifth Kira, we won't vote for it. Making a card with several existing versions would be a challenge as well as a relative newbie. Is this what our forefathers died for? This is a democracy, not a dictatorship. Your balls must be either big or an odd number.

Oh, and Chief, run off votes almost singlehandedly extended WotC I at least one month.

Is the plan to startup MiiS when this is over?

Faithful Reader
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Faithful Reader wrote:
thsch wrote:Following a wish that a lot of you expressed you will find only a few characters on this list that already have a card. Most of them will be brand new both for First and Second Edition!

Who are you to decide this? The entire point of this is for the committee as a whole to decide on a card. If we don't want an eighty-fifth Kira, we won't vote for it. Making a card with several existing versions would be a challenge as well as a relative newbie. Is this what our forefathers died for? This is a democracy, not a dictatorship. Your balls must be either big or an odd number.

Oh, and Chief, run off votes almost singlehandedly extended WotC I at least one month.

Is the plan to startup MiiS when this is over?

Faithful Reader
We said from the get go that we would be paring down the initial submissions to a more manageable number. This is a democratic process, but the end results must still fit into the framework of the games. The designers and the graphic design team had the opportunity to remove cards from consideration that might have conflicted with their plans.

We will not be doing run off votes except in the case of a tie.

There are no plans to start up MiS 2 yet. We want to do one, but have no idea when it will happen.

-crp
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
What else wrong with putting in every idea? We'll wind up with everyone gettign one vote.
MidnightLich wrote:We will not be doing run off votes except in the case of a tie.-crp
Nor did I imply that I wanted a run-off. Would we be able to do MiS in this situation by having Brad's vote be double? We could be here forever voting and coming up with ties!

By ZodoJats
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Faithful Reader wrote:What else wrong with putting in every idea? We'll wind up with everyone gettign one vote.
I guess one of the biggest reasons not to is so that the community doesn't make the same card that the designers are already making (say in this expansion or the next). It's no more undemocratic than a regular election where your decision has been restricted to two major parties and a few side candidates.

By thsch (Thomas Schneider)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Current standings:

Harry Mudd 22
U.S.S. Relativity 21
Stephen Hawking 18
U.S.S. Defiant (Constitution class) 12
Beata 4
S.S. Botany Bay 4
Norman 3
Data 2
Gabriel Bell 2
Reginald Barclay 2
Tiron 2
Jake Sisko 1
Ambassador
By Linkan (Torbjörn Lindquist)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Architect
If someone else is as strange as me and want to know the changes since yesterday, you don't have to calculate them on your own, here they are:

Current standings:

1 ( 1) Harry Mudd 22 (+1)
2 ( 3) U.S.S. Relativity 21 (+5)
3 ( 2) Stephen Hawking 18 (+1)
4 ( 4) U.S.S. Defiant (Constitution class) 12 (-1)
5 ( 5) Beata 4 (0)
5 ( 5) S.S. Botany Bay 4 (0)
7 ( 7) Norman 3 (0)
8 ( 9) Data 2 (0)
8 ( 9) Gabriel Bell 2 (0)
8 ( 9) Reginald Barclay 2 (0)
8 ( 7) Tiron 2 (-1)
12 ( 9) Jake Sisko 1 (-1)

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Architect
The Relativity stinks like smelly fishes! Vote for Stephen Hawking and/or Harry Mudd!

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Harry Mudd :thumbsup:
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
ZodoJats wrote:Come on Relativity, you can do it.
From what you guys have said about this ship, it sounds to me like this Relativity stuff should be a "team" in a future expansion, not a one off of the ship.

By ZodoJats
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
LORE wrote:
ZodoJats wrote:Come on Relativity, you can do it.
From what you guys have said about this ship, it sounds to me like this Relativity stuff should be a "team" in a future expansion, not a one off of the ship.
Yeah, it does suit a team better than a single card, but if it isn't made now I doubt it will be made for many many expansions, seeing as how zero 'teams' or even Non-Aligned personnel have been made from Voyager yet with the exception of the Equinox, which is a little different I think. If it's chosen, the text could definitely be made to incorporate future personnel (haha).

By The Mad Vulcan (J)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Stephen Hawking nullifies 'God'

This offers an interesting 1E ability...
1EFQ: Random Releases

I'll add one more thing. If this becomes more of[…]

Thermokinetic explosion

Then why do we specify unused on outclassed? […]

Klingon Neelix ponderings

I am collecting data at this point. Someone aske[…]

Keep in mind that it doesn't stop anyone itself, m[…]