Home of the third annual You Make The Card contest, where the community designs a card for an upcoming Virtual Expansion!
  • 99 posts

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
RedAlucard wrote:Harry Mudd :thumbsup:
What the game doesn't need: a [NA] personnel that works with/off androids (two's enough, thanks). Harry Mudd? Harry Dud, more like, amirite? :thumbsdown:

By chompers (Steve Hartmann)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
1E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
2E Australian Continental Semi-Finalist 2019
It seems that this process might go better if the 1E and 2E cards are developed independently of each other. 1E players say no to ships because they have no room for text but isn't that an inherent problem with 1E cards and one of the reasons that 2E was developed?

I do not plan to base my vote on the basis of how well it works fror 1E, and 1E players shouldn't rely on 2E players to do the same.

Go Relativity for 2E and something else for 1E.

Just my usual (misguided) rambling.

By thsch (Thomas Schneider)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1 (2) U.S.S. Relativity 24 (+3)
2 (1) Harry Mudd 22 (0)
3 (3) Stephen Hawking 17 (-1)
4 (4) U.S.S. Defiant (Constitution class) 12 (0)
5 (5) S.S. Botany Bay 5 (+1)
6 (5) Beata 4 (0)
7 (7) Norman 3 (0)
8 (8) Data 2 (0)
8 (8) Gabriel Bell 2 (0)
8 (8) Reginald Barclay 2 (0)
11 (12) Jake Sisko 1 (0)
11 (8) Tiron 1 (-1)

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Triumph wrote:How much longer does the voting run?
WotC article on the homepage wrote:The decision is up to you. Voting will stay open till Wednesday, September the 8th, 12PM EDT.

By mindmage (Ben Johnson)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Wouldn't the USS Relativity be more useful with her crew? Release the ship and her crew like the teams we got in Allegiance.

Just seems kind of dumb to only make the ship if it wins.

Just my :twocents:

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
chompers wrote:Go Relativity for 2E and something else for 1E.
:thumbsup:

The two groups, because of the limitations of both games, want different things. I think if we're going to develop the same idea for both games independently of one another (so the two versions are different), we should really go one step further back and make two different cards entirely.

Maybe something to consider for WotCIV?

By ZodoJats
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I agree with the idea that they need to be separate cards for 1E and 2E to get the most out of it. It was a nice idea probably aimed at bringing the two communities together, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be working right now. A decent amount of the opposition to the Relativity seems to be that it doesn't work with 1E templates - but that shouldn't impact its introduction into 2E.

And yes, the Relativity does deserve her crew. If we make the ship, then we are all the more likely to get that crew in the future. You can easily do the text of the Relativity without knowing what its crew might do, as the only compatibility you need is to put "You may play this personnel aboard your U.S.S. Relativity" on each of the personnel.

Besides, many 'teams' have been introduced gradually. Future TNG, Cadets were split between 2, non-TN dissidents, Changeling Infiltrators were split, Androids, AU TNG were split, Vedek stuff was spread out and so on. The game won't come crashing down if you start with the Relativity and do the crew a set or two later. Heck, if we did design a particularly nice ship, the designers might ( :cross: ) decide to add in a Braxton and Ducane as well.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Good to see the Relativity doing well. I don't mind changing to Hawking, as long as that Mudd-man doesn't win :D
And I actually like the duality of doing the same name for 1E and 2E. Even though there might be limited space for a ship in 1E, I still think there's enough to do, as long as we as a community are creative enough.

By thsch (Thomas Schneider)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Another update:

1 (2) Harry Mudd 23 (+1)
1 (1) U.S.S. Relativity 23 (-1)
3 (3) Stephen Hawking 18 (+1)
4 (4) U.S.S. Defiant (Constitution class) 12 (0)
5 (5) S.S. Botany Bay 6 (+1)
6 (6) Beata 4 (0)
7 (7) Norman 3 (0)
8 (8) Data 2 (0)
8 (8) Gabriel Bell 2 (0)
8 (8) Reginald Barclay 2 (0)
11 (11) Jake Sisko 1 (0)
11 (11) Tiron 1 (0)

This is going to be a close race...

By karonofborg13 (Matthew Hayes)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Just brainstorming here, for the potentiality of the 2E Relativity (to save the space that would be used by her crew, that is placed on each future designed personnel, as posited by the earlier poster, "You may play this personnel to your U.S.S. Relativity"), instead, the crew could have both [Fut] [as they would naturally] and the same icon in green (the flowy yin-yang that is used for each of: [AU] ; [Fut] ; [Pa] ) to denote a supposed Relativity icon. The ship would then read something like, "You may play [Fut] [Rel] {the green version} personnel and equipment aboard this ship."

The 1E version should be able to have two [DL] , in addition to whatever normal equipment fits. While we as a community might not be able to additionally design the [DL] cards, we could work up the names of those cards, which would give Seth and the 1E Design Team, a groundwork to run with. ???

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
I reckon Karen that simply putting "you may play [Fut] personnel aboard this ship" would be enough, and awesome. That possibility has made me change my vote.

Now to find 4 missioin requiring biology and diplomacy...

Is it now that we talk about the dream card forum?[…]

German Nationals 2024 (1E)

Done. Your complete decklist. Can't have your […]

Unser Turnier in Köln gestern war ebenfalls[…]

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]