Home of the third annual You Make The Card contest, where the community designs a card for an upcoming Virtual Expansion!
  • 99 posts

By Iron Mike
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
2E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
Shanebrier wrote:I reckon Karen that simply putting "you may play [Fut] personnel aboard this ship" would be enough, and awesome. That possibility has made me change my vote.

Now to find 4 missioin requiring biology and diplomacy...
But I dare say the Vintner/Alexander/Korath deck might be a wee bit broken. :P

Hawking would be a card that everyone (except Borg) could use. You could give him a cool Kirk-esque ability to overcome dilemmas requiring Astrometrics/Physics/similar. Or even a bonus to other science personnel, like Calandra. I'm not sure where else one could take such an iconic human.

That said, Abraham Lincoln for WOTCIV!
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Just want to add to the discussion...

Let's not forget that there is a precedent for taking a 2Ebility and making it a download on the 1EC.

While Hawking may be cool, I'm not sure he can keep up with the current time. He can't make a warp core but is knowledgeable for the early 21st century. He is a swell guy, too.

Mudd has some cool potential as well, but we've already made two 'bad' cards with Armus and the headset. I would like to make a good card for once.

I'm leaning towards Bell. He could be a Rosa Parks without being Rosa Parks. Sisko knew of him prior to the events in Past Tense, so that would work. Think of the inspiration he would be to everyone.

Let's also remember that we're just figureing out the who they are, not that what they do. This is really jumping the gun. Lots of this will be filled in after a few votes or maybe as soon as Wednesday-ish.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Faithful Reader wrote:Mudd has some cool potential as well, but we've already made two 'bad' cards with Armus and the headset. I would like to make a good card for once.
Given that about half of the dilemma piles at the North American Continental Championship used All-Consuming Evil, I don't see how you can think of it as a "bad" card. I can't imagine what a "good" card is...

-crp

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
MidnightLich wrote:Given that about half of the dilemma piles at the North American Continental Championship used All-Consuming Evil, I don't see how you can think of it as a "bad" card. I can't imagine what a "good" card is...
I think he meant from a 'moral' standpoint...

Armus being the "skin of evil" and the VRH used to help wage war on the Federation.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Danny wrote:
MidnightLich wrote:Given that about half of the dilemma piles at the North American Continental Championship used All-Consuming Evil, I don't see how you can think of it as a "bad" card. I can't imagine what a "good" card is...
I think he meant from a 'moral' standpoint...

Armus being the "skin of evil" and the VRH used to help wage war on the Federation.
Ah, that makes sense.

-crp

By thsch (Thomas Schneider)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1 (1) U.S.S. Relativity 26 (+3)
2 (1) Harry Mudd 22 (-1)
3 (3) Stephen Hawking 18 (0)
4 (4) U.S.S. Defiant (Constitution class) 11 (-1)
5 (5) S.S. Botany Bay 6 (0)
6 (6) Beata 4 (0)
7 (8) Gabriel Bell 3 (+1)
7 (7) Norman 3 (0)
9 (8) Reginald Barclay 2 (0)
10 (8) Data 1 (-1)
10 (11) Jake Sisko 1 (0)
10 (11) Tiron 1 (0)

By Iron Mike
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
2E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
If the Hawk doesn't make it, can one petition for him to appear in a future set?

Failing that, I'd like a boutique set of historical figures portrayed in Trek. Surak, Lincoln, Hawking, etc.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
I thought about suggesting Excelsior Communications Officer, Christian Slater. Lets make a card of someone who was onscreen for 5 seconds! It gives lots of room to invent skills and abilities for him.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Quick! All of us who had trouble deciding between Stephen Hawking and Harry Mudd, switch to Harry Mudd!

By thsch (Thomas Schneider)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Less than 24 hours to go and another change in the lead:

1 (2) Harry Mudd 27 (+5)
2 (1) U.S.S. Relativity 25 (-1)
3 (3) Stephen Hawking 17 (-1)
4 (4) U.S.S. Defiant (Constitution class) 11 (0)
5 (5) S.S. Botany Bay 6 (0)
6 (6) Beata 4 (0)
7 (7) Gabriel Bell 3 (0)
8 (9) Reginald Barclay 2 (0)
9 (10) Data 1 (0)
9 (10) Jake Sisko 1 (0)
9 (7) Norman 1 (-2)
9 (10) Tiron 1 (0)

The Relativity, Harry Mudd or a last minute comeback of Mr. Hawking? It's your decision!

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
thsch wrote:The Relativity, Harry Mudd or a last minute comeback of Mr. Hawking? It's your decision!
What I find even more exciting than this tight race?
The fact that there's now 99 votes for this tight race! That's twice the average number we had last year! I hope we can keep this level of participation throughout the competition! And if you haven't voted yet, then go do so! Help us break into triple digits!

(Go team Hawking!!)

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Triumph wrote:Relativity! :thumbsup:
:thumbsup:

Harry Mudd - a little bit Ira Graves, a little bit Kivas Fajo, a little bit Noonien Soong, but not as good as any of them. :thumbsdown:

Is it now that we talk about the dream card forum?[…]

German Nationals 2024 (1E)

Done. Your complete decklist. Can't have your […]

Unser Turnier in Köln gestern war ebenfalls[…]

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]